home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-26-2015, 12:27 PM   #1
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Default What's your F&W "plan of attack" for the booths?

Do you plan for a certain number of days? Hit every third booth over each of 3 days maybe? Go one way one day and the other way the other day? Preplan what you want to eat before you get there and head to those booths? Totally wing it and just wander until you're hungry, eat, then keep wandering until you're hungry again? Set a total budget and stop when you reach your budget? Pay no attention to money until you run out? After 6 years, we're wondering now if there's a better way.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:44 PM   #2
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

I am not going this year but have been 4 times for F&W.

If you have younger kids I suggest skipping Fri-Sun. Lots of locals, especially college age doing pub crawls etc. Some "corporate groups" doing inappropriate chants for younger kids (I am not a prude by any means but it is more of a full adult atmosphere on weekends). Also, most lines are 20-30 mins long on weekends.

Now, for plan of attack.

This is one time I like the Disney Dining Plans. The QS will suffice and we use all of our snacks at the kiosks. the Kids Snacks are superb to use for a value.

We arrive right at opening of TWS and go to the kiosks that we know will be busiest. England and Canada and France always have really popular offers. the BBQ in America is big too.

That is it. That is my suggestions..when to go, and to use Snack Credits.

If you get a chance to do the Swolphin Food and Wine do so. Food is spectacular.

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:15 PM   #3
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

This will be our 3rd annual trip. First time we hit every booth (was DH's plan) over a 3 day stay and got our passport stamped (took photos of everything we got at each booth with the passport open to that page). We did 2 lunches and 2 dinners, I believe. Last year, 2nd trip, we just hit what we wanted without any game plan and didn't take pictures. Our friends were also in town and went with us 1 day and we did cover a lot and got pretty 'sauced'. It was a lot of fun. This year we will be with our twin DDs-16. Me and DDs' PAPs expired so I bought 2 day park tix for us and we'll do F&W on Fri and if we feel we covered a lot or feel Sat (10/31) will be too crazy busy we'll do AK or MK but currently the plan is to do F&W that day too.

Owners since 2006- BWV, CCV & AKV
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #4
MickeyFan787
Two Bedroom

I have been 4-5 times before and usually preview the menu and try to hit the booths I want. No pressure to eat at every one and no pictures.

This year I am going M-Sat and I think I will get a passport and take photos of what I do eat and like. Just for me to look back at and see when I am thinking about next years visit.

I have noticed the last two visits that I just can't eat as much as I could before. 2-3 of the items constitutes a meal for me. Also, as I am staying at the BWV and the Swan I will eat most meals there so I can try what I want. The only dinner reservation I have is on Friday night as I don't see myself there on Friday or Saturday.

However, I am waiting to find out if anyone has luck exchanging QS credits for the 3 snacks at the booth - I am considering getting the QS dining plan for the first time and using it like this if possible.

Edit: I just looked at the prices for the items and I don't believe the QS to Snack exchange will be worth it with only a handful of items over $6. I think $20 per QS meal is the break even point.

Also, and the reson I can't ever remember the prices, I just load money on to the gift card for them to swipe when I buy something. It keeps me from going crazy! LOL I think I did $30-$40 a day last year - I usually have 1-3 drinks over the day so this was plenty for me.

Everyone enjoy!

Last edited by MickeyFan787; 09-26-2015 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Saw the menu prices
MickeyFan787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:54 PM   #5
Syndrome
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan787 View Post
However, I am waiting to find out if anyone has luck exchanging QS credits for the 3 snacks at the booth - I am considering getting the QS dining plan for the first time and using it like this if possible.
From looking at the pictures of ALL of the current 2015 F&W Festival menu boards , it looks like every single food item is available with a snack credit . Even the Lobster roll, and LeCellier Filet have the snack credit designations by them !

For the first time EVER , we are thinking of getting the QS dining plan for our upcoming trip in a few weeks . We have never found much value in the dining plans , but with all the F&W options ..........might not be such a bad idea this time !

Just have to really figure if its worth it @ $41.99 each per day for 2 of us . $83.98 per day for 2 CS meals and 1 snack per day for each of us ........... not sure if its worth it or not ??? Even with the snack credit bonus at F&W !

Oh ............the "plan" !
We have been to F&W a few times now . We kind of plan all the stuff we really want to eat , and hit them first if we can before it gets too crowded , then we just wing it from there . Try what we want as we feel like it . Have AP's , so we will be at F&W every day of our trip for at least part of the day .
We have cut down on the alcohol at F&W because we have found its really not a great value as we see it , and like to be able to walk out of Epcot with no trouble ! We much prefer to eat at F&W , and have a drink or two back at a lounge somewhere on property .

Last edited by Syndrome; 09-26-2015 at 02:14 PM.
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:57 PM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

No strategy here. I just wander and eat/drink where I please.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:59 PM   #7
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I'm also one w/o a strategy. If it looks good I'll try it. If not? I'll move on to one that does interest me. If I miss something I don't really care much either.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:02 PM   #8
PartPixie
One Bedroom

DD, DB and I LOVE F&W, it's an annual tradition for us now. This will be our fourth or fifth visit. My brother likes to cruise around and check out each kiosk and see the food before he commits. He and I will be at Epcot for a full week.

DD will only be there for three days while on Fall break. She and I take a more planned approach. We look at all the menu photos posted on the net before we attend. Then my daughter picks the most important kiosks she wants to visit. We have lunch and dinner at Epcot most days and will visit MK between times on those days if we want. Even if we do hit HS or AK, we usually still head back to Epcot for dinner. But we know we are odd. We really are there for the food!

Oh, we also share our samplers so we can taste more.
PartPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 02:11 PM   #9
Raspus
Grand Villa

No plan here. I've looked at the menus but it won't do me much good. I basically just wander around and eat and drink what catches my fancy.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:12 PM   #10
Syndrome
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
I was that yesterday. You could not swap QS meals for snacks at the Belgiim booth where I saw someone try.
Yea, I figured they would not let you swap a CS credit for a F&W booth offering, but the snack credits work at all the booths it appears !
A snack credit for a $7.50 lobster roll ,or a $7.50 LeCellier beef filet ...........cant beat that !

I wish they just had a "snack" plan , lol

Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote