home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-11-2019, 11:09 AM   #31
tammymacb
Add-on Aficionado

I don't think she was a sham. She obviously birthed the shadow creature that killed Renly. And brought Jon back. I don't know why she was wrong about Stannis except maybe she wanted to believe that he was the savior? He was a "king" and both he and his wife were devout. Maybe she saw what she wanted to see? I'm glad Jon is having none of it.

Ah, memory impairment!The free prize at the bottom of every vodka bottle!
Ding, Ding, Ding! Boring story time is now over....
tammymacb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:08 PM   #32
Dpm.1980
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

So does anyone else do the GoT fantasy league put on by the Verge?

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/29/1...draft-season-7

I did with a few coworkers last year and it was a lot of fun.
Dpm.1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:04 PM   #33
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

All rewatched. Now a 2 month wait...ugghhh.

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
March 2-9 BLT / May 15-18 HHI / Sept 27-Oct 4 BWV & Oct 4-6 OKW / Dec 19-21 CCV cabin & Dec 21-28 Vistana
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:43 PM   #34
tammymacb
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
All rewatched. Now a 2 month wait...ugghhh.
I probably finish tonight. Tomorrow at the latest. And then we wait... we'll need to come up with some discussion to pass the time.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:02 PM   #35
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammymacb View Post
I probably finish tonight. Tomorrow at the latest. And then we wait... we'll need to come up with some discussion to pass the time.
I was thinking same. So here is a start...
https://www.oddsshark.com/entertainm...uling-westeros

Who do we think will end up on the iron throne?

This odds poll thing has Bran. I would think he'd be the last (well...aside from the ridiculous ones they have on the poll like Dario Naharis or the Mountain or even, the dead, Littlefinger). I am not sure any will be left to. I think Cersei will be dead soon as that witch didn't prophecy another child so she will never give birth. I think Sansa will be wardeness of the north. Arya will die doing her list. Jon and Danny will likely die. Gendry is not a legitimate son of King Robert. If Jaime doesn't die, he will go off and live a quiet life (hopefully with Brienne). Sam will be Lord Tarley and marry Gilly. Tyrion will just want to be hand to whoever (as long as it's not Cersei).

Maybe instead of breaking the wheel, Danny will lay flat the wheel so that it's more like a pie in which each great house has a Lord and all the Lord's work together on a council, like a pack of wolves. What did Sansa say in her final scene, to Arya? When winter comes, the lone wolf will die while the pack of wolves will survive. That's a nice dream. In that dream, Jaime and Brienne will lord over Casterly Rock. Sansa and Tyrion (maybe) over Winterfell. Sam and Gilly over Highgarden. Gendry and Arya over Storm's End. Robin and little Lady Mormont over the Vale. There are a couple other lands of the 7 I am missing...Riverlands and Dorn. Maybe Bronn will get a land. Sir Davos. Greay Worm and Missandei. But I think all will be pretty destroyed in the great war. And many of these players will be dead. That's the whole theme of GoT...2 steps forward and 100 back...a little hope and things start to look up when some mistake tumbles all the dominoes into ruin.

Another thing I thought of while rewatching is: is Bran the Night King? When he was dreaming, and walking around looking at the past, he looked a lot like the night king in stance and dress. On the poll thing, it says that is a theory people have. Hmmm.

LAURA's next trip(s):
March 2-9 BLT / May 15-18 HHI / Sept 27-Oct 4 BWV & Oct 4-6 OKW / Dec 19-21 CCV cabin & Dec 21-28 Vistana
Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM   #36
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

This is a great fun thread. Dh has been re-watching a lot of it, even back to the first episode. That season 6 finale was the best.

I think Jon/Daenerys' kid will sit on the iron throne...not sure who will be watching over it. maybe Tyrion, hopefully not Varys, but maybe, I am assuming she's pregnant of course.

I used to think they'd have some of the Starks survive, like Sansa ruling over the North, not so sure now, but maybe.

I hope Brienne ends up with Tormund....but I think he may die in the end, hope not. I love his character.

I think Jaime will make some sort of ultimate sacrifice, and go out a hero, complete opposite of who he is in the beginning.

I think Gendry has a role to play in the end, not sure what.
Also think the Red witch (bitch) will come back and play a role

And yeah, maybe it's just Sam telling a story. who knows. I grew up with Dallas, and the whole 'it was all a dream, ' so whatever. It was a great story.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:59 PM   #37
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Oh yeah...Brienne and Tormund. That would be sweet. If he didnt die in the wall collapse in last episode. I saw a leaked u tube list of cast in episode 1 of season 8 and Tormund was in it so he may survive.

I agree that Jaime will go out with a great sacrifice. Maybe he will die in Brienne's arms. I do think she is the one he loves.

LAURA's next trip(s):

Last edited by Lamima; Yesterday at 02:45 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM   #38
tammymacb
Add-on Aficionado

I think Sam will survive. When speaking to the Maester at the Citadel about his book "blah bath blah Wars after the Death of Robert Baratheon First of His Name", Sam mentioned that he would be more "creative" with his book title. Hence, Game of Thrones.

One suspicion that I have is not only will Tormond survive the wall falling but he will become the new Thoros and will gain the powers that Thoros had before he died beyond the wall.

I've been thinking a lot about Bran and the Night King lately, and I don't think they are the same. If Bran and the Night King were the same, why would Bran's being touched by him be what allowed him to attack the cave. He would basically be touching himself. I do think I'm missing something (and I haven't figured it out yet) related to Bran's ability to travel through time and cause events in doing so. I'm sure there's going to be some sort of significance there.

Cercei will die. Both of her brothers are now fighting against her and Jaimie is pictured in Northern Army for this seasons photos released by HBO. The witch predicted that her "younger brother" (both are younger than her) would squeeze the life out of her. I think that it will be Jaime and his gold hand that does the deed.

Also, if you caught it, Gilly found when she was reading with Sam, that Rhaegar had annulled his marriage to his first wife, Elia Martell, and married Lianna Stark. John is not a bastard and is in line to the throne, though I believe Daenerys has a better claim.