home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Non-DVC-Related Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-26-2018, 06:55 PM   #1
tammymacb
Add-on Aficionado

Default We booked a Trafalgar tour...

It's been a long time, peeps. I can't say I don't miss my DVC points on a regular basis, but we've been seeing lots of other little corners of the world.

I've wanted to do an ABD tour for a while, but I just couldn't stomach the price and so we're booked on Trafalgar. I know that in the old days (IE when I was here daily) we used to discuss ABD and other options, so I'm hoping to actually contribute to that conversation.

We (5 adults) are traveling for two weeks. We're flying from the US to Amsterdam on our own. Staying at Hendricks Hotel Hotel https://www.thehendrickshotel.com/en/index.html for a few nights and then flying from Amsterdam to Munich. While in Amsterdam, we're cramming in a canal tour, the red light district, the Anne Frank House, and the Van Gough museum.

Our tour, Trafalgar's Imperial Europe is 10 nights and covers Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary. We had actually booked Trafalgar's Sound of Music Tour for the same dates, ( depart May 10th) but it was cancelled due to problems with securing hotels. (That didn't stress me out at all ) Trafalgar did do a great job fixing our airfare and moving us to this (or any other tour we wanted) so that made it pretty easy. When they cancelled we were offered a full refund, the same tour on different dates, or another tour on similar dates with them moving the tour and changing airfare (at no cost to us).

Final payment is due the end of January and we still have a lot of planning to do. I'll be posting updates as well as a full report and pictures when we return home. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everybody!

Ah, memory impairment!The free prize at the bottom of every vodka bottle!
Ding, Ding, Ding! Boring story time is now over....

Last edited by tammymacb; 12-27-2018 at 10:10 AM.
tammymacb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:38 PM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Sounds amazing,Tammy! Would be wonderful to join you. Oh, wait...

Shit, payment due end of next month? Oh well, at least itíll be over with.

Canít wait for our next adventure!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:27 PM   #3
tammymacb
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Sounds amazing,Tammy! Would be wonderful to join you. Oh, wait...

Shit, payment due end of next month? Oh well, at least itíll be over with.

Canít wait for our next adventure!
Yes! For the early booking discount final payment is due on Jan 31st. I'll be calling them earlier to make a payment and will verify, but I know that the Trafalgar agent should be calling.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:30 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammymacb View Post
Yes! For the early booking discount final payment is due on Jan 31st. I'll be calling them earlier to make a payment and will verify, but I know that the Trafalgar agent should be calling.

Ooh, thereís a positive. I miss her...
Old 12-26-2018, 08:38 PM   #5
tammymacb
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Ooh, thereís a positive. I miss her...

Old 01-16-2019, 08:31 PM   #6
tammymacb
Add-on Aficionado

I paid off Trafalgar today. Hoping it's awesome because the price can not be beat. Pricing for our 10 night tour PLUS airfare from Charleston for two was approx $5500 including insurance. Our pre-stay in Amsterdam (hotels and day trips) are extra and we've planned it on our own (though our airfare to Amsterdam was booked through Trafalgar). With ABD priced at $5700 per person without airfare and with one less night, I think we'll take it.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:18 AM   #7
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammymacb View Post
I paid off Trafalgar today. Hoping it's awesome because the price can not be beat. Pricing for our 10 night tour PLUS airfare from Charleston for two was approx $5500 including insurance. Our pre-stay in Amsterdam (hotels and day trips) are extra and we've planned it on our own (though our airfare to Amsterdam was booked through Trafalgar). With ABD priced at $5700 per person without airfare and with one less night, I think we'll take it.

Well done!

Will hit my wallet soon, Iím sure. That aspect aside, really looking forward to this trip.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:54 AM   #8
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Wow! Quite the adventure you have planned.
The Hendricks looks so cool, what a way to begin!
Happily following along.....
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote