home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-14-2019, 08:31 PM   #111
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
ADRs...I was going to mention that, but didn't want to alert money grubber mouse.

BWV...Really??? What room type do you stay in? I find BWV, except for the garden view that's the side BW view overlooking the green grass area that is always busy and noisy, to be one of the quieter resorts. Standard view right off elevators with balcony looking at portico can be noisy with the beeping of the luggage vans backing in. OKW with all the buses turning around and the thin walls...BLT with all the hard surface for sound to hit, the loud toilet flushing and the stupid 10:15 electric pageant and boat horns and other stuff...Poly with loud toilet flushing, loud heavy doors slamming and other stuff...those are my noisiest 3. SSR is my quietest. Just curious what room types were noisy for you and where they were located (so I can avoid). I have standard view again in the fall and want to request a quiet area (so maybe not close to elevator).
We stayed in a 1BR there in November. We were ground floor facing the grassy croquet court. Our afternoon downtime was hijacked by a very very loud wedding reception that lasted 30 minutes longer than scheduled. It really put a damper on my overall experience.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:33 PM   #112
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Yeah, I am going to have to request 'not near elevator' but MIL and FIL will be with us and close to elevator would be better for them. I could ask for ground floor away from elevator. Eeeek. Maybe I should not request anything and just take what we get. ANd hope for early-ish room ready. I don't know.
We didn't request anything because it was a short trip. 2nd floor is nice when no wheels are involved, but I wasn't a fan of this. Our 2nd floor standard overlooking the luggage area was more quiet than this and not as bright. Partially my fault, but I stupidly assumed the other side thinking standard view, but we had the pool instead
Old 03-15-2019, 07:19 AM   #113
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Best day to visit WDW is Super Bowl Sunday...
I have never seen so much concrete vs feet.
But don't go to the MK the day after the Super Bowl. It's mobbed because the MVP or quarter back is in the parade.

And after he goes by, all these people leave. It was weird.

Upcoming Trips:
7/28-8/1 BWV
9/29-10/2 SSR
10/20-10/27 AKV - Kidani
PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:28 AM   #114
Micah008
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
But yeah, let them know you are there.
We haven't had to do this anywhere else, we simply just wait for our name to be called ... so it sure surprised us that they didn't follow the same process here.

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas, Riviera Resort, and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 DRR/AKV
Micah008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:20 AM   #115
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Shh.... they'll get rid of that too lol

Something this trip solidified for me, BWV consistently is the noisiest resort we have stayed at. Still sleepy from those nights there. Like the location, but not for us I think.

Also learned that my kid LOVES WL! Tied with AKL and PVB for him.
I love the BWV location. Yep, that's about all I can say about BWV.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:23 AM   #116
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
We were by the main pool near the elevator technically a standard view. Noisy halls, noisy pool. Lights are also too bright. Not a fan of that area at all. The halls though, super noisy again. All my stays in all views have been that way...

We find OKW to be fantastic generally. No paper thin walls for us. BLT was bad for us too... guess where we are staying next? LOL. PVB has always been the quietest for us, even ground floor.
Standard view or garden/pool view?

We had pool view on our one and only stay there. Pool was noisy at 3 pm when Jim was trying to sleep off a 24 hour bug; connecting door was in living area of studio instead of entry hall so smells, arguments, and family discord in 1 bedroom next door flooded our room at all hours. Things were falling apart.

It truly wasn't for us. I would seriously consider a Boardwalk View, probably with a 1 Bedroom, but I hear they can be noisy, too, from all the activity on the Boardwalk. In the meantime, Jim says there are plenty more resorts we like better, so why tempt fate?

Maybe I'll tell him everything is booked across WDW except BWV Boardwalk View one bedroom. He's such a planning novice, he may actually believe me.

Dirk

Old 03-15-2019, 10:34 AM   #117
iheartglaciers
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post

We had pool view on our one and only stay there. Pool was noisy at 3 pm when Jim was trying to sleep off a 24 hour bug; connecting door was in living area of studio instead of entry hall so smells, arguments, and family discord in 1 bedroom next door flooded our room at all hours. Things were falling apart.
We've stayed in all three views at BWV and haven't found it noisy, but we haven't really been in the room much in the middle of the day. I think it's a bit luck of the draw when it comes to noisy neighbors and people in the hall.

You should definitely try 1-BR BW view. It's such a fun and relaxing view, although I'm not a fan of the covered balconies that a lot of the BW view rooms have.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:38 AM   #118
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post

It truly wasn't for us. I would seriously consider a Boardwalk View, probably with a 1 Bedroom, but I hear they can be noisy, too, from all the activity on the Boardwalk. In the meantime, Jim says there are plenty more resorts we like better, so why tempt fate?

Maybe I'll tell him everything is booked across WDW except BWV Boardwalk View one bedroom. He's such a planning novice, he may actually believe me.

Dirk
If you do, request high floor. The higher the better for noise control. I will say the time we had the P/G side view of boardwalk it was noisy with the movies under the stars, the boardwalk games and magic shows, folks just hanging out on the grassy area...but around 11pm it was dead silent until about 8-9am. Now, we were tucked away from the piano bar and I hear that folks leaving there, after imbibing a bit much, can be problematic to the BW view rooms. So that's where higher floor is better.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
2019-2020 DVC trip(s): May 20-22 SSR / Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV/SSR / Dec 19-21 CCV cabin & Dec 21-28 Vistana/ Jan 18-22 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & Sept 4, 2021 NCL Pride of America
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:44 AM   #119
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
If you do, request high floor. The higher the better for noise control. I will say the time we had the P/G side view of boardwalk it was noisy with the movies under the stars, the boardwalk games and magic shows, folks just hanging out on the grassy area...but around 11pm it was dead silent until about 8-9am. Now, we were tucked away from the piano bar and I hear that folks leaving there, after imbibing a bit much, can be problematic to the BW view rooms. So that's where higher floor is better.
That's what I fear - we do like mid-day breaks, and there is the potential for so much crowd noise late at night (after 11) if you are in the wrong part of Boardwalk view.

Oh, well. I'm very happy with AKV, SSR, PVB, BRV/CCV, and even OKW sometimes, so I won't be lacking for quiet places!

Though the ferry horn at PVB did become part of our experience there.

Dirk

Old 03-15-2019, 12:24 PM   #120
bakerworld
Grand Villa

I want to love BW - our eldest thinks its the Bees-Knees - however our Karma with BW is not good.