home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-14-2019, 10:01 AM   #21
Joeli
Two Bedroom

Doesn't Fort Wilderness have something like this, except cheaper? I thought I had seen it somewhere.

Upcoming:
Dec/Jan 2020 - SSR (hoping for BRV @ 7)/BWV (Split for NYE)
Dec 2019 - RCCL Allure of the Seas
Nov 2019 - BWV
Oct 2019 - BWV
Sept 2019 - BLT
Aug 2019 - Hilton Bonnett creek
Jul 2019 - Swan
Jun 2019 - BWV

Done:
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:35 AM   #22
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
Doesn't Fort Wilderness have something like this, except cheaper? I thought I had seen it somewhere.
They have Trails End which is buffet and different items. IIRC price is similar.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:23 AM   #23
Joeli
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
They have Trails End which is buffet and different items. IIRC price is similar.
So the same price AND a buffet without servers throwing stuff at you, kids, dancing, noise and ketchup. Sadly I enjoy all those things...WC for me! LOL

Upcoming:
Dec/Jan 2020 - SSR (hoping for BRV @ 7)/BWV (Split for NYE)
Dec 2019 - RCCL Allure of the Seas
Nov 2019 - BWV
Oct 2019 - BWV
Sept 2019 - BLT
Aug 2019 - Hilton Bonnett creek
Jul 2019 - Swan
Jun 2019 - BWV

Done:
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 12:49 PM   #24
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Something in lunch changed. The server pointed it out... maybe something with baked or green beans. All I know is how the food tasted was better per my husband.

There was something new with a pulled pork sandwich as well. The server was looking for feedback from us so even though I had my usual that was unchanged, others did not.
I was going off memory, which isn't what it used to be. Thank you for the clarification.

Really good to know that the sides are better. The green beans were a joke. One of our waiters and I really had a fun exchange about how bad they really were. My wife loved the mashed potatoes. Be interesting to see if she still likes them.

A big surprise and positive for Disney, lately lots of up-sizing with up-sizing of prices accordingly. Nice that that we are just getting something better.

I just remembered, they did not used to have brisket; they had a roast beef cooked LIKE a brisket. It was abominable, although others at the tabled liked it. Overall, the couple times we went in the last couple years has been good, so looking forward to the updated menu.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:12 PM   #25
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Just asked my husband and charred carrots replaced baked beans per what was said by our server and what he remembered eating. He thinks the peppers were new too, but isn't 100% sure. No matter what, the sides tasted much better.
Carrots are on the Snow White Artist Point menu. Same kitchen?
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:05 PM   #26
beachclubmum
One Bedroom

My DH and I are really excited to see the vegan dinner option. WDW Dining has really been expanding things in this area and everything we've had a chance to try has been really good.

Maple-Chipotle Barbecue Jackfruit, Spicy Sausage, Mustard-glazed Beefless Tips, Herb-brushed Trick'n Chick'n, Roasted Potatoes, Oven-roasted Carrots, Sautéed Green Beans, Charred carrots
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:49 PM   #27
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
All-you-can-eat is an unfortunate and disappointing addition.

Cheers.
Of course not everyone is the same and some have to eat and eat big to keep weight on. (not I but I have a husband who did up until he got prostrate cancer)

Of course all you can eat can be offered but it doesn't mean one has to over eat.

Last edited by Goofygrl; 03-14-2019 at 02:55 PM.
Goofygrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:44 AM   #28
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post

Of course all you can eat can be offered but it doesn't mean one has to over eat.
True. I just find that, with the prices charged for AYCE meals, one does need to overeat to avoid losing money on the deal. Usually, people will to "get their money's worth." Just looking around Disney makes this very apparent.

But, you are correct, overeating at AYCE is not required

In fact, when we fly we are almost always in various airport lounges with copious amounts of free food and drink...and we do manage to control. But we're not paying by the visit, so it's easier conceptually.

Cheers.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:46 AM   #29
Orion54
Two Bedroom

Quote:
True. I just find that, with the prices charged for AYCE meals, one does need to overeat to avoid losing money on the deal. Usually, people will to "get their money's worth." Just looking around Disney makes this very apparent.

In fact, when we fly we are almost always in various airport lounges with copious amounts of free food and drink...and we do manage to control. But we're not paying by the visit, so it's easier conceptually.

Cheers.
The good thing about buffets or AYCE are variety for picky eaters. It usually not about quality although Disney has improved the food quality lately which they should for the cost they charge. WC is a fun place and the food is good. Trail's End is good too but it very difficult to get to unless your at Ft. Wilderness. We enjoyed walking the trails to get to dinner the time we went. Saw some campers mocking some deer and then freaking out as the deer went charging them. Highlight of the night!
Old 03-15-2019, 10:28 AM   #30
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:

Cheers.
I find it helps if you define "money's worth" as a meal you enjoy at a quality you value, rather than the amount on the plate.

Of course, that assumes "quality you value," which is hard to come by at some WDW places, but easier at others! Honestly, since they've plussed the skillets a bit, I'm less likely to order them. I like basic barbecue sweetness when I do barbecue (our SC mustard/vinegar sour/sweet). Chipotle only works for me in some instances.

I do like roasted carrots, but I also enjoyed the baked beans as a barbecue treat. I'm now more convinced we'll just hang out at Geyser Point QS when we stay and dine at CCV/WL.

Breakfast at WC still looks interesting for one fun big breakfast during our stay.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote