home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-14-2019, 10:31 PM   #21
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

The main lie I heard them say was donít worry about your home Resort you can always get one of the others at the 7 month window.

I think he was trying to sell the charms of Hawaii .
Shewill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:39 PM   #22
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
You can't say they didn't increase the points just by ignoring that that is exactly what the lockoff premium does. Well, I guess you can but it's not a correct statement.
I'm not ignoring it. Just 2 different statements. Bitch about the lock off premiums if you like. Just not the same thing. I'm on vacation and really don't want to discuss anything more about the premiums as I previously stated though. I really think it was beaten to beyond a pulp here.

I was trying to recall if I heard a lie, but I do not think so. Some rather unsure answers though while touring the cabins.

Last edited by helenabear; 03-14-2019 at 10:46 PM.
helenabear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:53 PM   #23
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
The main lie I heard them say was don’t worry about your home Resort you can always get one of the others at the 7 month window.

I heard that one too when we first started to consider dvc. My husband asked for a guarantee in writing...that sound bit dropped very quickly
Old 03-15-2019, 10:05 AM   #24
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
You can't say they didn't increase the points just by ignoring that that is exactly what the lockoff premium does. Well, I guess you can but it's not a correct statement.
As I understand it, and I may be wrong, is that the problem is there are two ways to count points: The chart based on the actual units themselves, or the cost of booking as villas are sub-divided through lock-off premiums and the adjustments that re made to those premiums.

There's the legal, mathematical reality of what was declared; and there's the real-world, everyday, practical, mathematical reality of how people book. The declared can't change; how the resorts are actually used can.

And I may still not understand it perfectly! Which is kind of a problem, and definitely leads to embedding a confusing picture in the mind of the purchaser.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:23 AM   #25
FessParker1
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
The words Ď lockoff premiumí do not cross the lips of the salespeople.

We were definitely lied to at our sales presentation. Stupidly, we believed.
And still you want more points
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:00 PM   #26
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
And still you want more points
Actually, we want fewer but different points.

And no, we still want to go to WDW. We will put up with a lot. Maybe at some point we will reach the breaking point. Not yet, though.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:18 PM   #27
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
The main lie I heard them say was donít worry about your home Resort you can always get one of the others at the 7 month window.

I get the impression Aulani isn't selling well - personally I don't want to fly across the USA much less 14 hours. I flew 14 hours in 1975 and haven't done so again - there is nothing worth seeing out there that necessitates me sitting on a plane for that length of time.

I have to say that I am surprised that mid-west and west coasters didn't snap it up.

JMO
Old 03-15-2019, 01:50 PM   #28
Jillybean315
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
I get the impression Aulani isn't selling well - personally I don't want to fly across the USA much less 14 hours. I flew 14 hours in 1975 and haven't done so again - there is nothing worth seeing out there that necessitates me sitting on a plane for that length of time.

I have to say that I am surprised that mid-west and west coasters didn't snap it up.

JMO
I think a major factor with Aulani is the cost of transportation to get there, at least it was for us. We sat through a Direct pitch a few years back where they were selling Aulani, and DH sat there and figured the cost of a round trip flight for our family. WDW WITH AIRFARE was cheaper than the air fair alone at that time.

Disney Trips:
POR-Riverside: June, 2011
Off Proprety: June, 2012
All Star Movies: December, 2012
All Star Sports: June, 2013 (Split Stay)
Wilderness Lodge: June, 2013 (Split Stay)
Coronado Springs: December, 2013
Coronado Springs: December, 2014
Boardwalk Villas: January, 2016 (1st DVC Visit)
POR-Riverside: October, 2016
Polynesian Villas:June, 2017 (Split Stay)
Bay Lake Tower: June, 2017 (Split Stay)
Old Key West: January, 2018

Coming Soon: Saratoga Springs: June, 2019

(Me) (DH) (DS age 14) (DD age 11)

Jillybean315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:12 PM   #29
FessParker1
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
Actually, we want fewer but different points.

And no, we still want to go to WDW. We will put up with a lot. Maybe at some point we will reach the breaking point. Not yet, though.
I'm with you on some different points, luckily I bought some poly on the cheap a little over a year ago and can get back what I paid plus a little the way prices are going
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:38 PM   #30
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post

JMO
I think last time tomandrobin posted on this, he said Aulani was selling fine. Their primary target is Japan.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote