home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-01-2018, 01:39 PM   #41
jnoel
One Bedroom

Was just thinking that maybe a full on grand luxury ranch theme would be cool. They could also expand the pioneer hall area (or add a new area) that had a full on western theme that looked like a bustling pioneer town complete with saloons and shops that make you feel like youíre immersed in the old west. The Pioneer Hall area may be trying to do this now but itís just too small to have the presence I am thinking would be cool.

Wait, did I just describe Westworld?
jnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:18 PM   #42
BLTMouse
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel View Post
Was just thinking that maybe a full on grand luxury ranch theme would be cool. They could also expand the pioneer hall area (or add a new area) that had a full on western theme that looked like a bustling pioneer town complete with saloons and shops that make you feel like youíre immersed in the old west. The Pioneer Hall area may be trying to do this now but itís just too small to have the presence I am thinking would be cool.

Actually, you sort of just described the Cheyenne Hotel at Disneyland Paris.
BLTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:10 PM   #43
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

Oh cool, we can bring back this thread:

http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47558&highlight=redneck"
Old 09-01-2018, 08:47 PM   #44
richviii
Two Bedroom

My hope is for another "stormalong bay" option for this location, it would pay tribute to what came before and hopefully draw some attention to another cool pool resort.

Recent
2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site 2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:12 PM   #45
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post
My hope is for another "stormalong bay" option for this location, it would pay tribute to what came before and hopefully draw some attention to another cool pool resort.
...And bring back the original trains from Ft Wilderness as transportation!

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #46
cwmouse
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel View Post

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the whole concept!
cwmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:30 PM   #47
cwmouse
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post
my hope is for another "stormalong bay" option for this location, it would pay tribute to what came before and hopefully draw some attention to another cool pool resort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mass transit View Post
...and bring back the original trains from ft wilderness as transportation!
yes, yes, yes!!
cwmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:36 PM   #48
Stitch_Fan
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Sorry. Haunted Mansion. I think that would be a really cool theme for a hotel, and it would work well on Discovery island since itís more ďisolatedĒ.
This could be a blast! I'd be in.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:46 PM   #49
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

I donít know how peaceful a vacation would be there with everyone screaming in the halls all night. It would be interesting..

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:48 PM   #50
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
There are no plans to expand the gondolas anywhere! They could either put in a new dock or a walking path to FW and WL, or both.

The permits filed so far donít show much, itís just for the exploratory stuff. But they super-impose reasonably well on the old plans. Sounds like itís not totally DVC though, from what Mass Transit posted. I think Tom knows more than heís letting on though

As for the gators, they could just rename the Gator Country Resort. I imagine though theyíll scarper once construction starts. After all, theyíll have a lot of clearing, decontamination and then back-filling to do before construction can even start. The gators will be long out of there.
until you put a walking path perfect for them to sun and bask then warm themselves after dark.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote