home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-01-2018, 10:14 AM   #31
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by melcort10 View Post
I thought that this one, too, was already in some sort of "confirmed" status?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion54 View Post
If not, they're moving a ton of dirt and trees for relocating that water retention pond. They've dug all the way to the solar panels.
The latest I heard was that they are re-thinking the location.

There were 3 options considered: in front of the park, behind the Land or in the park. Latter was ruled out and they seemed to have settled on the middle option. However it seems they may be reconsidering. Ther wer a lot of logistical issues with it, as well as aesthetics.

Reading between the lines, I wonder if maybe River Country is going to be done first. The Epcot one was planned to be done for the 50th, along with the ďspineĒ redesign. Maybe priorities have changed? Every park is now getting some kind of entrance upgrades, that includes the Epcot monorail conundrum being solved with a new ramp. I think those have jumped the line of competing projects.

The Epcot resort and the spine design proposals are still being looked at. Sounds to me like someone has either lost or gained support, so the pendulum has swung in another direction. Hopefully a positive one!
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:15 AM   #32
jnoel
One Bedroom

With the closing of Mickey Back Yard BBQ to enable construction it seems that an announcement would be imminent.
jnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:48 AM   #33
Patricksp
One Bedroom

Just a quick reminder that the parking for River Country was in the Front of Ft. Wilderness and you had to take a bus.
Patricksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:52 AM   #34
TexasChick
Grand Villa

This is the first DVC that I have no interest in buying even through resale. Oh, Iíll probably stay there at some point, but I already own 2 MK resorts. Iím confused by it as well because they already have BRV and CCV. Why do a 3rd wilderness themed resort? Maybe Iím in the minority on this one.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #35
Patricksp
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I really wish they would do a HM resort on Discovery Island! Fully immersive experience like SW. Maybe not so appealing to the diaper bag and stroller set, but it would give us old fogies something new to do.
A Haunted Mansion resort would really be cool, The only problem is getting to and off the Island.
Patricksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:34 AM   #36
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
This is the first DVC that I have no interest in buying even through resale. Oh, Iíll probably stay there at some point, but I already own 2 MK resorts. Iím confused by it as well because they already have BRV and CCV. Why do a 3rd wilderness themed resort? Maybe Iím in the minority on this one.
Actually this is one I don't think I have much interest even staying. Probably would some day but really not on my radar of "oh this is cool"

I like Ft. Wilderness in some ways, but others not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel View Post
With the closing of Mickey Back Yard BBQ to enable construction it seems that an announcement would be imminent.
One would think.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:07 PM   #37
zafiro
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
Curious if they will install gondolas there to mk and epcot, or will they just use the waterway to mk
One more thing...I thought the place is totally inha ited with gators...
They'll definitely expand the Gondola / Skyway form of people moving if it proves successful and practical in the Epcot / HS location, which I'm sure it will since this is a long time tested and popular form of mass transit in many areas of the world where land vehicle throughway and parking are impractical or undesired.
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 12:33 PM   #38
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafiro View Post
They'll definitely expand the Gondola / Skyway form of people moving if it proves successful and practical in the Epcot / HS location, which I'm sure it will since this is a long time tested and popular form of mass transit in many areas of the world where land vehicle throughway and parking are impractical or undesired.
There are issues with expanding. It fitted where itís going, as an alternative to expanding the canal system to CBR, which was ruled too complex because of differing water levels and the fireworks storage. Currently there are no plans to even contemplate expanding the gondola. So you can rule it out for at least a decade.

They wonít run them over inaccessible areas, like lakes, or wild animal areas, nor along major roads. For multiple reasons of maintenance, safety etc.

Long term there are plans for some form of transport from AKL, and also from DS to some areas. Wedway type system seems a possibility at AKL, they canít do anything that would disturb the animals and they seem (stupidly) reluctant to just put in a walkway. Light rail maybe.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #39
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post

I tend to agree. But seems we are indeed in the minority so I will be glad to have my opinions swayed.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:22 PM   #40
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel View Post
BLT was half-built and Disney's announcement to guests at the Contemporary was "please pardon our dust while we refurbish the North Wing."

I never rely on a Disney announcement!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote