home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-08-2019, 05:37 PM   #211
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

To me, the name Reflections is fine - meh, but fine. However, 'Reflections - A Disney Lakeside Lodge' is ridiculously long and pretentious.

I see Frank Lloyd Wright in the design and love that. I think maybe a name that gives a nod to this, as well as the old River Country (I adored RC when I was a kid). Maybe River Forest Lodge (FLW built a bunch of homes in River Forest, and the new resort bears a strong resemblance to some of them), or Riverview Lodge (Riverview Terrace Restaurant is the Frank Lloyd Wright Visitor Center at his Taliesin Estate). Of course, it'll require that they build a "river" as part of the pool area, which is something they absolutely need to do, anyway.

If they get this one right, I'm going to spend waaaaay too much money on owning a bunch of points there. My definition of "right" is a FLW design in the common areas *and* the rooms, pool area that harks back to RC (lazy river, multiple slides, a natural feel...and sure, we can throw a swim-up pool bar in there), dedicated transportation, quality restaurants, 2 full bathrooms in the 1-bedroom, adjoining lock-off studios.

The idea of demolishing the old stable does break my heart, though. I loved touring there as a horse-crazy 13 year old. I was hoping that the not-named-Reflections Lodge would be far enough away from FW that it wouldn't impede on things too much. Maybe they're just moving the stable to a place where the horses and ponies won't be bothered by all our late night drinking at the swim-up pool bar and partying in the lazy river.