home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-22-2019, 05:40 PM   #1
DVC Doctor
Two Bedroom

Default DVC Survey - asks about Blue Card

I normally do not do DVC surveys, but figured that I would try this time. The following are some (but not all) of the questions asked. Funny how much info they have on me and the questions went down different paths as they appeared customized to getting more specific info from me, especially buying more points at Rivera.

There were several questions phrases similar to... Our records indicate that you joined DVC in year xxxx and tell us about....

-----------------------------

First, please rate your overall satisfaction with your Disney Vacation Club Membership.

Please rate the value for price paid for the initial cost of Membership in Disney Vacation Club® (excluding annual dues).

Please rate the value for price paid for Disney Vacation Club® annual dues. (Annual dues are for maintenance and upkeep at Disney Vacation Club Resorts.)

How satisfied are you with the number of Vacation Points you own?

How likely are you to add on Vacation Points to your Membership sometime in the future?

How does your experience as a Disney Vacation Club® Member compare to the expectations that were set for membership at the time you purchased?

Our records indicate that you have purchased additional Vacation Points with Disney Vacation Club®. Which of the following best describes why you initially decided to add on Vacation Points?

Our records indicate that you have purchased additional Vacation Points with Disney Vacation Club® multiple times. Was the reason you added Vacation Points multiple times the same as why you initially added on?

Earlier you indicated that you were not very likely to purchase additional Disney Vacation Club® Vacation Points in the future. What is the primary reason why you are not likely to add on Vacation Points?

How familiar are you with the following news regarding Disney’s Riviera Resort?

Do you have any children?

Do you have any grandchildren?

Last question was.....

Are you a Disney Vacation Club® Blue Card holder?
As a reminder, Blue Card holders own at least 75 points purchased directly through Disney Vacation Club® and are eligible for additional benefits.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:33 PM   #2
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Interesting specific information then a gap if you are a blue card holder.

Thank you for sharing.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:41 PM   #3
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

What's in your wallet?
Old 04-22-2019, 07:42 PM   #4
Bjamn2
One Bedroom

I just took a survey about my recent DVC tour..... Looks like you got the interesting survey.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:47 PM   #5
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Very interesting! I’m guessing that this was an email survey?
Old 04-22-2019, 09:05 PM   #6
PrincipalTinker
Studio

What if you are a blue card holder but you did not purchase 75 points direct?
PrincipalTinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:16 PM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipalTinker View Post
Did you purchase resale points before the 2011 restriction? Or purchase 25 points direct before they increased the requirement to 75 points? If so, you are fine.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:35 PM   #8
richviii
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipalTinker View Post
I bet we don't get a survey. ha ha ha

Recent
2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site 2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:59 PM   #9
Commish
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Did you purchase resale points before the 2011 restriction? Or purchase 25 points direct before they increased the requirement to 75 points? If so, you are fine.
I believe you meant the April 2016 restrictions! https://www.resalesdvc.com/dvc-resale-policy/
Old 04-22-2019, 10:04 PM   #10
Doberge
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

It's interesting they would ask specific questions using information about you (multiple purchases, member year) but they still asked if you have a blue card. One would think they could pull that information from the same data they pulled knowledge of your contracts.

Orrrr they know if you're a blue card holder and survey question is asked to test your own knowledge (e.g. "do our direct members know their benefits?")
Doberge is offline   Reply With Quote