home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 03-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #1
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado
 
RweTHEREyet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC; OKW; BCV; SSR; BLT; VGC; VGF
Posts: 6,706
Default Good biscuits

Is there a Bojangles anywhere near WDW?

I know good soft fluffy southern buttermilk biscuits, and I would love to find someplace to get some to have in the villa for breakfast.

Any suggestions?
__________________
RweTHEREyet?









RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:49 AM   #2
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado
 
Shewill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
Is there a Bojangles anywhere near WDW?

I know good soft fluffy southern buttermilk biscuits, and I would love to find someplace to get some to have in the villa for breakfast.

Any suggestions?
Doesn't earl of sandwich have biscuits? They might not be as good as bojangles .
Shewill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:12 AM   #3
tink711
Add-on Aficionado
 
tink711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,571
Default

That's a really good question.
It doesn't look like BoJ has made it to FL. I checked for Hardee's - only 1 in Orlando and it is a long way from the World.
If you don't find a restaurant, have you ever tried Pillsbury frozen biscuits ? Not the ones in the can, the ones in the bag in the freezer section. If you haven't tried them, they are really good and soooo easy. (Once I discovered Pillsbury frozen I quit making biscuits from scratch )
__________________

Always dreaming of my next visit ...





tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:41 AM   #4
micca
Two Bedroom
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
That's a really good question.
It doesn't look like BoJ has made it to FL. I checked for Hardee's - only 1 in Orlando and it is a long way from the World.
If you don't find a restaurant, have you ever tried Pillsbury frozen biscuits ? Not the ones in the can, the ones in the bag in the freezer section. If you haven't tried them, they are really good and soooo easy. (Once I discovered Pillsbury frozen I quit making biscuits from scratch )
Another vote for those frozen biscuits, they turn out better than you might think.
micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:08 AM   #5
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado
 
RweTHEREyet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC; OKW; BCV; SSR; BLT; VGC; VGF
Posts: 6,706
Default

I might have to give them a try here at home, but I am really picky about biscuits--my food group of choice.
__________________
RweTHEREyet?









RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:09 AM   #6
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado
 
JaxFLBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 7,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
It doesn't look like BoJ has made it to FL.
We used to have Bojangles' in Central FL, but the franchisee closed all 8 locations in Dec 2015.
__________________
Michael
JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:35 AM   #7
tink711
Add-on Aficionado
 
tink711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I might have to give them a try here at home, but I am really picky about biscuits--my food group of choice.
Try them. Seriously, try them. You will be pleasantly surprised. Those little time/mess savers have converted even the most die-hard scratch-made biscuit fans. There are a few different varieties. My guess is that you will prefer the Buttermilk or Southern Style. I've never tried the Flaky Layers, they sound to me like they are more geared for the fans of the canned biscuits. On the butter-tastin, I've never been a fan of fake butter flavor so I've never tried those either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
We used to have Bojangles' in Central FL, but the franchisee closed all 8 locations in Dec 2015.
Bummer.
__________________

Always dreaming of my next visit ...





tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:46 AM   #8
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado
 
RweTHEREyet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC; OKW; BCV; SSR; BLT; VGC; VGF
Posts: 6,706
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
We used to have Bojangles' in Central FL, but the franchisee closed all 8 locations in Dec 2015.
Might be something for someone to consider opening up again.

OK, off to Bojangles for lunch. This has made me hungry for some chicken wings and a biscuit.

Back to add: It was as good as I was hoping for.
__________________
RweTHEREyet?










Last edited by RweTHEREyet; 03-21-2017 at 01:08 PM.
RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:53 AM   #9
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado
 
helenabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 10,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
Is there a Bojangles anywhere near WDW?

I know good soft fluffy southern buttermilk biscuits, and I would love to find someplace to get some to have in the villa for breakfast.

Any suggestions?
I have never been to a Bojangles, but there are Bob Evans near by and their biscuits aren't bad. My son will eat them and he won't bother with canned biscuits because he's a bit spoiled with good home made ones
__________________
helenabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:20 PM   #10
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
Try them. Seriously, try them. You will be pleasantly surprised. Those little time/mess savers have converted even the most die-hard scratch-made biscuit fans. There are a few different varieties. My guess is that you will prefer the Buttermilk or Southern Style. I've never tried the Flaky Layers, they sound to me like they are more geared for the fans of the canned biscuits. On the butter-tastin, I've never been a fan of fake butter flavor so I've never tried those either.
They really are pretty good. Especially if you arrange them on the baking sheet so that they are all touching. That makes them rise even better.
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 AM.

MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software