home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 09-05-2018, 05:07 PM   #621
beansprout
Grand Villa
 
beansprout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
Is your dinner reservation at 5:30? If it is at 5:30 then you could probably show up clear up until 545. Is it the park? If so probably no problem.

Meanwhile, TouringPlans.com has a Reservation Finder for Disney world. Just google search “Reservation Finder” and pick the one at touringplans. You will need to apply for an account with them but if it asks you to pay money don’t sign up with any money unless you want to do that. I have an account that I pay for and actually just re-upped for the next three years but paying them is not necessary to use the reservation finder.

After that you can go in and specify two different separate dinner reservations that you would like to find. They can be different restaurants and different times and for different numbers of people, and you can either specify the meal time or an actual time. About every hour and 20 minutes on an average this program will search for your reservation at Disney World. Day and night. If any reservations for that restaurant open up that are close To your specifications, it will either text you or send you an email, or both, depending on how you set it up. If you have time Before your trip, there is an excellent chance it will find you a better ‘fit.’ Once you receive the text message or the email you will need to sign onto your account as quickly as possible to make the actual reservation. If you don’t do it fast enough then someone else will probably grab it out from under you. I have used this to get some amazing reservations at some very high demand restaurants. And also to ‘adjust’ my reservations. If it texts you and you do not want that reservation or if you were too late to grab it then you will need to go back into the touring plans program and reset the search so it will continue to look.
I will do that tonight. Thank you Fred.
beansprout is online now  
Old 09-10-2018, 11:33 AM   #622
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Heading to WDW with a friend who had surgery on her foot last year. She insists she can do a week in the parks if she walks slow. I already know that she can’t. It’ll be a week of hearing “ you go, I’ll catch up to you later”. We all know FP’s, dining ressie and showtimes won’t wait until she catches up. So my question is: would she benefit in having a handicapped pass? We’re hoping she rents a scooter. Any recommendations on renting one?
I know this won't be the most popular route, but I prefer "old school"...when wife and I went a few months back, she was having some trouble walking distances. Not a problem at the resort, board the bus like normal, then rented a wheelchair at the park. Pretty darn cheap. I got a little extra exercise pushing her around, we got some laughs, it was easy to park, and didn't have to worry about getting it on the bus - just gave it back to the rental spot at the park. Some people just leave them laying around for the workers to collect later.
Adelard of Bath is offline  
Old 09-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #623
Nickys
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 3,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
Is your dinner reservation at 5:30? If it is at 5:30 then you could probably show up clear up until 545. Is it the park? If so probably no problem.

Meanwhile, TouringPlans.com has a Reservation Finder for Disney world. Just google search “Reservation Finder” and pick the one at touringplans. You will need to apply for an account with them but if it asks you to pay money don’t sign up with any money unless you want to do that. I have an account that I pay for and actually just re-upped for the next three years but paying them is not necessary to use the reservation finder.

After that you can go in and specify two different separate dinner reservations that you would like to find. They can be different restaurants and different times and for different numbers of people, and you can either specify the meal time or an actual time. About every hour and 20 minutes on an average this program will search for your reservation at Disney World. Day and night. If any reservations for that restaurant open up that are close To your specifications, it will either text you or send you an email, or both, depending on how you set it up. If you have time Before your trip, there is an excellent chance it will find you a better ‘fit.’ Once you receive the text message or the email you will need to sign onto your account as quickly as possible to make the actual reservation. If you don’t do it fast enough then someone else will probably grab it out from under you. I have used this to get some amazing reservations at some very high demand restaurants. And also to ‘adjust’ my reservations. If it texts you and you do not want that reservation or if you were too late to grab it then you will need to go back into the touring plans program and reset the search so it will continue to look.
Good advice. 2 things though.

First, most important, this isn’t a “program” doing searches. This is actual people doing searches! That’s partly why they were allowed to keep it running whilst others that used bots were shut down by Disney.

Second, remember to think about the time parameters. Say you have a 5pm ADR and want 6pm. If you search yourself, MDE searches for an hour before and an hour after the input time.

Same with the TP finder. If you input 6pm, it will search between 5 and 7pm. So if you actually want 6pm, input 7pm or 6:45pm to avoid getting lots of notifications that are “too early”.
Nickys is offline  
Old 09-10-2018, 12:10 PM   #624
Kayhollywood
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Kayhollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Delaware
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
We’re hoping she rents a scooter. Any recommendations on renting one?
I always use Scooterbug, and they were a preferred vendor as of May 2018, last time we were there. You can rent one w/a full back for as much or less than one that doesn't have a headrest at some other places. Pick up and drop off at Bell services, and everything booked online. Easy peasy!
Kayhollywood is offline  
Old 09-10-2018, 12:43 PM   #625
beansprout
Grand Villa
 
beansprout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
I know this won't be the most popular route, but I prefer "old school"...when wife and I went a few months back, she was having some trouble walking distances. Not a problem at the resort, board the bus like normal, then rented a wheelchair at the park. Pretty darn cheap. I got a little extra exercise pushing her around, we got some laughs, it was easy to park, and didn't have to worry about getting it on the bus - just gave it back to the rental spot at the park. Some people just leave them laying around for the workers to collect later.
I’ve seen wheelchairs located at the bus stop at MK. Maybe those are to get you from the bus to the gate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Good advice. 2 things though.

First, most important, this isn’t a “program” doing searches. This is actual people doing searches! That’s partly why they were allowed to keep it running whilst others that used bots were shut down by Disney.

Second, remember to think about the time parameters. Say you have a 5pm ADR and want 6pm. If you search yourself, MDE searches for an hour before and an hour after the input time.

Same with the TP finder. If you input 6pm, it will search between 5 and 7pm. So if you actually want 6pm, input 7pm or 6:45pm to avoid getting lots of notifications that are “too early”.
I’ll use that advice in my search, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayhollywood View Post
I always use Scooterbug, and they were a preferred vendor as of May 2018, last time we were there. You can rent one w/a full back for as much or less than one that doesn't have a headrest at some other places. Pick up and drop off at Bell services, and everything booked online. Easy peasy!
After one full day in the park I’ll ask her if she’d rather use a scooter from Scooterbug, thanks!
beansprout is online now  
Old 09-10-2018, 10:09 PM   #626
virtuoso1980
One Bedroom
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 414
Default

Is there any announcement for ticket promotions like the 4 day-1 park ticket from before? I am having family members visit and we are doing 3 day non-parkhopper tickets and it's $1300 for 3 adults and 1 child. Or, are there any sources for cheap tickets? Thank you!
virtuoso1980 is offline  
Old 09-11-2018, 08:11 AM   #627
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado
 
JaxFLBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 7,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuoso1980 View Post
Is there any announcement for ticket promotions like the 4 day-1 park ticket from before? I am having family members visit and we are doing 3 day non-parkhopper tickets and it's $1300 for 3 adults and 1 child. Or, are there any sources for cheap tickets? Thank you!
No new ticket promotions have been announced yet.

You can purchase tickets from any authorized ticket seller which includes many 3rd parties like Undercover Tourist (UT), Maple Leaf Tickets, AAA, Tickets at Work, etc. For 3-day and longer tickets, you will save some $ by purchasing from an authorized 3rd party seller.
__________________
Michael
JaxFLBear is offline  
Old 09-11-2018, 03:30 PM   #628
BayMom
One Bedroom
 
BayMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 237
Default question on RTTB rule

3. Rental ads MUST NOT INCLUDE the following:
a. Your email address (including “wanted” ads and responses to same)
b. Your phone number (including “wanted” ads and responses to same)
c. More than one reservation
d. Weekend-weekend reservations
e. DVC reservations obtained through RCI trades

What does "Weekend-weekend reservation" mean? Does it mean no reservations that are more then 7 nights? Or is it a reservation that starts on a Friday, and includes the full week and then the full weekend at the end? Sorry, I did try to search for an answer, and feel kind of stupid asking, but I can't seem to figure it out myself.

Thanks in advance.
__________________
****************************************
Judy dh Paul & 1 2 3
BayMom is offline  
Old 09-11-2018, 03:46 PM   #629
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMom View Post
3. Rental ads MUST NOT INCLUDE the following:
a. Your email address (including “wanted” ads and responses to same)
b. Your phone number (including “wanted” ads and responses to same)
c. More than one reservation
d. Weekend-weekend reservations
e. DVC reservations obtained through RCI trades

What does "Weekend-weekend reservation" mean? Does it mean no reservations that are more then 7 nights? Or is it a reservation that starts on a Friday, and includes the full week and then the full weekend at the end? Sorry, I did try to search for an answer, and feel kind of stupid asking, but I can't seem to figure it out myself.

Thanks in advance.
That means you cannot make an existing reservation rental offer of Fri-Fri, Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun. Too easy for them to be RCI exchanges which are full weeks and are not supposed to be rented. It's a 7 night reservation.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is online now  
Old 09-11-2018, 04:31 PM   #630
BayMom
One Bedroom
 
BayMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
That means you cannot make an existing reservation rental offer of Fri-Fri, Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun. Too easy for them to be RCI exchanges which are full weeks and are not supposed to be rented. It's a 7 night reservation.
thank you
__________________
****************************************
Judy dh Paul & 1 2 3
BayMom is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software