home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-23-2018, 09:47 AM   #11
eandjmom
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhlaptop View Post
We used Orlando Limo for our last trip and they were wonderful. I would recommend them and they had a great price when we used them. Good luck and enjoy the cruise. We can’t wait for our next one.
Thank you, I will check Orlando Limo out as well.
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:48 AM   #12
eandjmom
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
This. End of discussion.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the Dream!
Thank you! We are very excited! We're saving it as a Christmas surprise for the kiddos
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:57 AM   #13
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandjmom View Post
Thank you, I will check Orlando Limo out as well.
One more service to think about, Orlando Airport Towncar Service. We’ve only used them for transport to and from Disney, but I will be using them again in November. Great service! And I know that they do the Port Canaveral cruises as well. Enjoy!
Old 07-23-2018, 10:11 AM   #14
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandjmom View Post
I hadn't even thought of a car service! That does make more sense. Since we only have the 1 day at the park, my main goal is to maximize the amount of time we have there. I will look into Happy Limo, Thanks!
I think you will be best served by a car service, then. We've used Happy Limo twice - once from SSR to Port, and once from SSR to MCO. Both went off without a hitch, and the vehicles were very recent high-end SUVs in new condition.

You will get similar service and similar pricing from most of the majors. I went with Happy because All Ears recommends them. You'll probably be just as well served by any of the majors. I would double-check Yelp or Trip Advisor reviews (noting everybody has a bad trip now and then, but how many are there?).

Dirk
Old 07-23-2018, 10:19 AM   #15
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I think you will be best served by a car service, then. We've used Happy Limo twice - once from SSR to Port, and once from SSR to MCO. Both went off without a hitch, and the vehicles were very recent high-end SUVs in new condition.

You will get similar service and similar pricing from most of the majors. I went with Happy because All Ears recommends them. You'll probably be just as well served by any of the majors. I would double-check Yelp or Trip Advisor reviews (noting everybody has a bad trip now and then, but how many are there?).

Dirk
I think I used Orlando Airport Towncar because they had the best rate for that trip. When I called to ask questions, I talked to the owner, who was very nice and very helpful. I read reviews after I spoke with him, and decided to give them a shot. Glad we did! I’m sure that any of the major services would be fine, though.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:24 AM   #16
DBridge
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

When we traveled from Port Canaveral back to the WL after our cruise, we used Disney Transportation and we were back to the hotel by 10 AM and stopped at 3 other hotels before WL. Not sure if that is the norm or if we just got lucky.

Call me a loser, but it was our first cruise and I've been dreaming of riding on the Disney Cruise Bus with the portholes since I was a kid

DBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:15 PM   #17
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I know OP is looking into car services, but this just occurred to me:

Another concern about renting a car at the port is that sometimes the dealership runs out of vehicles. You may get an upgrade or a downgrade, or they more know more are soon coming in and will make you wait.

At the Alamo/Enterprise/National location, they were out of intermediates and upgraded me to full-size. The person behind me had to wait.

I would definitely never rely on a rental if I timing were tight.

Also, with Uber/Lyft, you have to rely on a driver willing to make the trek without a guarantee if a return fare and may have to wait if the pool is small. It's easier probably, going from port to WDW as there may be people going the other direction. The timing doesn't work out as well when going from WDW to port.

I don' know how much of this is an issue, but I've talked to Lyft drivers who've said they don't want to take the fare, and I've seen TRs from people having to wait a bit for a car, though they've always gotten one.

Dirk
Old 07-23-2018, 01:18 PM   #18
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I know OP is looking into car services, but this just occurred to me:

Another concern about renting a car at the port is that sometimes the dealership runs out of vehicles. You may get an upgrade or a downgrade, or they more know more are soon coming in and will make you wait.

At the Alamo/Enterprise/National location, they were out of intermediates and upgraded me to full-size. The person behind me had to wait.

I would definitely never rely on a rental if I timing were tight.

Also, with Uber/Lyft, you have to rely on a driver willing to make the trek without a guarantee if a return fare and may have to wait if the pool is small. It's easier probably, going from port to WDW as there may be people going the other direction. The timing doesn't work out as well when going from WDW to port.

I don' know how much of this is an issue, but I've talked to Lyft drivers who've said they don't want to take the fare, and I've seen TRs from people having to wait a bit for a car, though they've always gotten one.

Dirk
One thing that you can count on here, there will always be someone else with the same/similar question. So I think that there will be others who could still benefit from this information! And as someone who doesn’t routinely rent a car or use Uber/Lyft, these issues probably wouldn’t have occurred to me.