home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 01-13-2020, 12:44 AM   #2171
ajc
Grand Villa
 
ajc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Waterford VA
Posts: 1,981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daennis View Post
Hello everyone,
I have visited this forum many times for answers to my questions, but I have been a DVC member since 2014 and we visit WDW at least once a year, usually in December so we can catch the Candlelight Processional.
I am widowed, with 2 grown children and 2 grandchildren. I usually travel to WDW with my 92 year old father, also widowed, and my brothers and their spouses. This December, 2020 will by my grandchildren's first visit to WDW and would like to make it extra magical!!

Thank you

😊

First time kiddos.
We have one rule for the littles: there's no "NO" in WDW.
(but we do redirect a lot )
ajc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:22 AM   #2172
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,953
Default

Greetings What are the ages of your grandchildren?
Trip planning will be fun. The first thing my grandchildren always request:
ScI Fi Dine In inside Hollywood Studios. Those dining reservations are always the first I book cause that place is popular. This trip I wanted to try something different and booked SciFi and 50s Prime Time. They like SciFi better. I agree.

Anyway post more info in the trip planning section & you will get lots of help from Mouseowners friends.
MMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:57 PM   #2173
DLMDisney
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
DLMDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Perry Hall, MD
Posts: 28
Default

Hi all! I'm so happy to have found this site, thanks to a member who found me in a DVC facebook group trying to rent points and so kindly introduced me to this page. I have become a huge fan of all things Disney since taking my children on our first trip to WDW in 2013. We've been eight times so far and are looking forward to our first trip to Disneyland this summer and our first Christmas/New Year trip to WDW this December!
DLMDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:54 PM   #2174
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado
 
erikthewise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 8,255
Default

I'm sure you'll love Disneyland, but be sure to leave your Disney World mindset at home!
My experience at Disneyland Park: Main Street was very similar, and I felt right at home. But there was something strange about the castle....
As I left Main Street, it was still pretty familiar. But the farther I went into the park, the stranger it became. Some things were the same, but other things weren't where they were supposed to be.... It actually got downright creepy, like someone had tried to reconstruct Magic Kingdom from memory and had gotten it horribly wrong. It wasn't until I just let go and took everything as it came that I could really enjoy it!
__________________

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:33 PM   #2175
AnnaS
Grand Villa
 
AnnaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 4,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMDisney View Post
Hi all! I'm so happy to have found this site, thanks to a member who found me in a DVC facebook group trying to rent points and so kindly introduced me to this page. I have become a huge fan of all things Disney since taking my children on our first trip to WDW in 2013. We've been eight times so far and are looking forward to our first trip to Disneyland this summer and our first Christmas/New Year trip to WDW this December!
Welcome to MO!
__________________
March/April 2020 - OKW - F&G
October - 2020 - BCV - F&W






AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:07 PM   #2176
Thumpersmom
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 8
Default I just wanted to say hello.

Long time lurker and DVC member since 2007 finally registered. Thanks to all for the great information and interesting discussions over the years. Iím not sure what took so long, but the more time passed, the harder it became . . . seemed so silly that I hadnít done it earlier.

Moved to St. Augustine in 2018 so trips are MUCH easier now. Love living here!
Looking forward to actually participating in discussions.
Thumpersmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:33 PM   #2177
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 35,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMDisney View Post
Hi all! I'm so happy to have found this site, thanks to a member who found me in a DVC facebook group trying to rent points and so kindly introduced me to this page. I have become a huge fan of all things Disney since taking my children on our first trip to WDW in 2013. We've been eight times so far and are looking forward to our first trip to Disneyland this summer and our first Christmas/New Year trip to WDW this December!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpersmom View Post
Long time lurker and DVC member since 2007 finally registered. Thanks to all for the great information and interesting discussions over the years. Iím not sure what took so long, but the more time passed, the harder it became . . . seemed so silly that I hadnít done it earlier.

Moved to St. Augustine in 2018 so trips are MUCH easier now. Love living here!
Looking forward to actually participating in discussions.

Welcome aboard to both of you.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:11 PM   #2178
Nshore
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Nshore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Duluth MN
Posts: 5
Default Disney through my kids eyes

Hello everyone,

I visited WDW a handful of times as a child in the 90s and it seems like A LOT has changed! I now have a husband and three children that have NOT experienced the magic of Disney and I canít wait to see it all through the eyes of my children...and husband.

We have started a savings account solely for a trip in 2022 or 2023. I have just started doing research and have read about all the great experiences renting DVC points. I would like to do my due diligence and make a presence on this forum as well as get to know some of you MOs.

Thanks for allowing me into your world! Who knows, maybe this trip will be so magical it convinces us to be MOs too. Or at least yearly point renters!

Sincerely,
Val
Nshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:59 PM   #2179
D&MourDVC
Studio
 
D&MourDVC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nshore View Post
Hello everyone,

I visited WDW a handful of times as a child in the 90s and it seems like A LOT has changed! I now have a husband and three children that have NOT experienced the magic of Disney and I canít wait to see it all through the eyes of my children...and husband.

We have started a savings account solely for a trip in 2022 or 2023. I have just started doing research and have read about all the great experiences renting DVC points. I would like to do my due diligence and make a presence on this forum as well as get to know some of you MOs.

Thanks for allowing me into your world! Who knows, maybe this trip will be so magical it convinces us to be MOs too. Or at least yearly point renters!

Sincerely,
Val
Welcome to Mouseowners! There are a lot of good people here that can help you out. If you havenít been to wdw since the 90ís youíre due for a vacation 😃
D&MourDVC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:36 PM   #2180
AnnaS
Grand Villa
 
AnnaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 4,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpersmom View Post
Long time lurker and DVC member since 2007 finally registered. Thanks to all for the great information and interesting discussions over the years. Iím not sure what took so long, but the more time passed, the harder it became . . . seemed so silly that I hadnít done it earlier.

Moved to St. Augustine in 2018 so trips are MUCH easier now. Love living here!
Looking forward to actually participating in discussions.
Welcome to MO!
__________________
March/April 2020 - OKW - F&G
October - 2020 - BCV - F&W






AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software