home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 08:56 PM   #81
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Kim and I have been discussing retirement a bit more lately. Itís still looking like 7 years or so but we want to have the plan aligned when the time is right.
I probably have 4 to 5 years to go but trying to convince my better half to retire this year (tried last year, and the previous year). Maybe by the time we see you all in Chicago it will be done!!
Old 01-13-2020, 11:53 PM   #82
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
Brian - we had a Samsung TV that I really loved. I would happily have kept it but when upgrading the sound bar and Jack's headphones it just didn't work. We have a Sony and it is very nice - no negatives from me on it. However the old Samsung had the center base that turned and all the new TV's only have the legs that are stationary. So even though we have an entertainment center we had to install a wall mount with a longer arm so we could turn the TV toward the kitchen and toward our two " old people" recliners. How are you watching the title game tonight?

Thanks, Patty. Samsung may yet win, though at the moment leaning toward TCL. Can definitely be bought with the right sale, though...

Watching college championship (and NFL playoffs thus far, and anything else) on my computer. 27” monitor, not too bad.

No retirement here... ever.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:54 AM   #83
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

kzrooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:48 AM   #84
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

Quote:
Quote:
I see what youíre doing there.... Creative countdown!

Are you packed?

ME DH DS22 DD19

Last edited by disneymomof2; 01-14-2020 at 10:31 AM.
disneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 10:24 AM   #85
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

Hi.....

It was a whirlwind December for us. But we made it through, the kids are back at college and Adam and I are adjusting to it being ‘just us + the dog’ again. It’s a good thing.

There was quick decorating, a weekend at Boyne Mountain skiing for Christmas with Adam’s side of the family, an additional day up at Boyne to ski again - actually ON Christmas Day. Packing, an 8 night trip to Disney with 6 teen/early 20yo’s, a tour of RR on our own and meeting with a guide at the preview center right after, fantastic 1st row seats at the Citrus Bowl (congrats to Alabama, Jerry and Sandra!), a day at HS which involved the 21yo boys building a light saber at Savii’s, a successful attempt at getting a boarding group for RotR (yea!), and all rides that day being FP+!! Some down relaxing time at Disney, a very enjoyable meet up with Jerry and Sandra at the Hanger Bar (and some yummy egg nog martinis, right Jerry?!). DD leaving our trip early to start her 2nd semester at college, our first stay at OKW and finishing out our trip with the remaining 7 of us enjoying an After Hours event at MK the night before we left.

Whew! It was a busy, amazing month and we are very lucky to have experienced it all!! I’ll give more trip details later.....

2 days before leaving for Disney my knee started hurting/popping and it persisted throughout our trip. I thought this was it....bone on bone. I had one of our PTs evaluate it last Friday when we got back and I guess my patella was tracking out of place (maybe the skiing?!). It’s been painfully ‘popping’ if I make a wrong move for about 2 weeks now. Anyway, I got some treatment and it seems to be doing better. Not completely done being painful, but I think it’s back in place after a loud pop yesterday. Which is good because volleyball starts up again tonight and I have the princess 5K in 5 weeks!

ME DH DS22 DD19

Last edited by disneymomof2; 01-14-2020 at 10:32 AM.
disneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:13 PM   #86
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
I see what youíre doing there.... Creative countdown!

Are you packed?
Since Sunday afternoon....
Old 01-14-2020, 01:22 PM   #87
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
Hi.....

It was a whirlwind December for us. But we made it through, the kids are back at college and Adam and I are adjusting to it being Ďjust us + the dogí again. Itís a good thing.

There was quick decorating, a weekend at Boyne Mountain skiing for Christmas with Adamís side of the family, an additional day up at Boyne to ski again - actually ON Christmas Day. Packing, an 8 night trip to Disney with 6 teen/early 20yoís, a tour of RR on our own and meeting with a guide at the preview center right after, fantastic 1st row seats at the Citrus Bowl (congrats to Alabama, Jerry and Sandra!), a day at HS which involved the 21yo boys building a light saber at Saviiís, a successful attempt at getting a boarding group for RotR (yea!), and all rides that day being FP+!! Some down relaxing time at Disney, a very enjoyable meet up with Jerry and Sandra at the Hanger Bar (and some yummy egg nog martinis, right Jerry?!). DD leaving our trip early to start her 2nd semester at college, our first stay at OKW and finishing out our trip with the remaining 7 of us enjoying an After Hours event at MK the night before we left.

Whew! It was a busy, amazing month and we are very lucky to have experienced it all!! Iíll give more trip details later.....

2 days before leaving for Disney my knee started hurting/popping and it persisted throughout our trip. I thought this was it....bone on bone. I had one of our PTs evaluate it last Friday when we got back and I guess my patella was tracking out of place (maybe the skiing?!). Itís been painfully Ďpoppingí if I make a wrong move for about 2 weeks now. Anyway, I got some treatment and it seems to be doing better. Not completely done being painful, but I think itís back in place after a loud pop yesterday. Which is good because volleyball starts up again tonight and I have the princess 5K in 5 weeks!
Waiting patiently for more trips details, but the summary sounds like it went well!

Glutton for punishment much?
Old 01-14-2020, 02:36 PM   #88
beansprout
Grand Villa

Ouchie Pam. Hope the knee is back to normal. You have been busy, all but the knee sounded like fun.
I feel your excitement Dan
Brian, enjoy quality viewing time!
We are selling lots of shelving, racks, freezers...what a mess! But we thank God everyday for Marketplace!
At home now waiting for the oven repairman. I havenít had a working oven for three weeks!
Oh, Star Wars movie in IMAX =Awesome!
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:08 PM   #89
beansprout
Grand Villa

I learned something new today.
If you own a European style oven and crank the temp to 450 or higher then your oven doesnít work the next time you need it, try this. Open the back panel. If you see a little red push button give it a push. Thatís it.
We make a wonderful prime rib every Christmas Eve. We crank the oven high, put the roast in for 5 mins. Per pound, turn off the oven ( DONíT PEEK!) Two hours later itís a perfect roast. So now we know that there is a reset button to push if the oven gets over heated ( really? Arenít ovens suppose to get hot? Pizza needs hot too!) Now the repairman is sitting on my kitchen floor trying to figure out how to code this visit to be covered under warranty. I told him to break something!
Old 01-14-2020, 11:22 PM   #90
beansprout
Grand Villa

Question for Brian and anyone else who has been to Enzoís Hideaway. Would this be a good place to drop in for a drink? Or is it a place you need to have a reservation for and maybe have a meal? Iíve never been there.