home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-14-2020, 10:43 AM   #31
It's Me
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
I am looking on the "Membership Information" page. It shows my name as "Purchaser" and my husband as "Co-purchaser". Does that mean that I am the primary ?
Yup, I show the same, co-purchaser on DVC site and .2 on MDE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
MDE always lists the one who created the account first. You also cannot add the DVC info unless you each have your own MDE and DVC account. It links through the logins.
Thanks you for the info on how to look up both of these. Had no idea this info was even on those sites.

DH and I use the same MDE account/log in. So for now this works for us.

Please keep us posted on whether or not your fax works to make the change. I am wondering if they could deny it or charge for the change since this is how the contracts are deeded? Or are these two items (co-purchaser/.2) just Disney technicalities.

It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 11:12 AM   #32
bakerworld
Grand Villa

I do remember Dan specifically stating that I do all the vacation planning and they thanked him for telling them then the whole MB purple light thing started . Dan hates the computer so MDE has always been me - although he does look things up on it.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:01 PM   #33
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

We faxed over our request this morning. We'll see what comes of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
I do remember Dan specifically stating that I do all the vacation planning and they thanked him for telling them then the whole MB purple light thing started . Dan hates the computer so MDE has always been me - although he does look things up on it.
Since it was my DVC account and my MDE, I did get the purple light as well. Now I think my son will feel left out since his won't change. Maybe I'll have to find him a LE that changed or something lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Me View Post
Yup, I show the same, co-purchaser on DVC site and .2 on MDE.

Thanks you for the info on how to look up both of these. Had no idea this info was even on those sites.

DH and I use the same MDE account/log in. So for now this works for us.

Please keep us posted on whether or not your fax works to make the change. I am wondering if they could deny it or charge for the change since this is how the contracts are deeded? Or are these two items (co-purchaser/.2) just Disney technicalities.
I only found this out yesterday myself. I never noticed anything until I was trying to get everything straightened out. At least all tickets transferred right so the only call I had to make when I was getting errors trying to add friends.

My husband when calling to set up did ask and the CM said it was a quick fix. The one I spoke to said it was a form filled out, though we purchased resale first so we had nothing like that. I'll definitely update if anything changes.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:21 PM   #34
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Wink

Quote:
That's insane! The person I spoke with claimed we signed something that stated who was primary. I would've remembered that - and we would have put me first! Alphabetically and age I come first. Grumpy me
Alphabetically and age? Is that all you've got?!

So you want primary status, do you?!
Without googling...
Can you recite Walt Disney's birthdate (day and year?)
Can you recite the date on which WDW opened?
Can you name the attraction that was previously in the building now occupied by "One Man's Dream"? Can you give the year in which that film premiered? Can you name the narrator of that film?

If so, then primary status is yours!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:51 PM   #35
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Alphabetically and age? Is that all you've got?!

So you want primary status, do you?!
Without googling...
Can you recite Walt Disney's birthdate (day and year?)
Can you recite the date on which WDW opened?
Can you name the attraction that was previously in the building now occupied by "One Man's Dream"? Can you give the year in which that film premiered? Can you name the narrator of that film?

If so, then primary status is yours!
One Man's Dream doesn't exist though since the rename of it to Walt Disney Presents.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:48 PM   #36
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
One Man's Dream doesn't exist though since the rename of it to Walt Disney Presents.
You are of course correct (and so qualified to be primary!) in that it is the name of the pavilion. But that film is by far the best thing in it.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:05 PM   #37
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Following
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:46 PM   #38
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
You are of course correct (and so qualified to be primary!) in that it is the name of the pavilion. But that film is by far the best thing in it.
Phew, I was about to bring out the pictures we took on my first trip while on the monorail before Epcot was open. We have pics of the unfinished park (I was 5)
Old 01-14-2020, 03:55 PM   #39
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

UPDATE:
We faxed the paper in this morning at about 9am I checked online and I am now the Purchaser, and my husband is Co-Purchaser! For those following along on my MDE I am still xxxxx.2 and my husband is xxxxx.1 But it seems I am primary.

If anyone wants to make the change we just had to fax our names, our membership number and that we wanted to switch from my husband's name to my name as primary. We both signed it and dated it. Faxed it to 407-938-4121
Old 01-14-2020, 07:35 PM   #40
Dana
Grand Villa

My dh is listed as purchaser on the member site and I am the co-purchaser, but on MDE, I am listed as .1. DH used to be the one who got the special light up colors, but it switched at some point, and now I get to enjoy the pink and green every time (versus when it appeared random as to whether it would work or not). We did add on 2 contracts, so I'm not sure if it changed at one of those times or if it's completely unrelated. Our name positions on contracts have always been husband then wife, according to our request.

After adding our 2nd contract, we did get our new DVC cards at the DVC Member Lounge at Epcot. They can print them out for you there.
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote