home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 06:23 PM   #1
DLMDisney
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Do owners who rent have regular customers?

Hi - I am new to renting points and am wondering how many experienced owners have regular customers. I go to WDW pretty much every year and it would be great to make some connections here and become a regular!

Thanks!

Dana
DLMDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:29 PM   #2
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMDisney View Post
Hi - I am new to renting points and am wondering how many experienced owners have regular customers. I go to WDW pretty much every year and it would be great to make some connections here and become a regular!

Thanks!

Dana
I do not regularly rent out my points -- but I have heard from several owners that do rent out regularly to the same people every year.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:51 PM   #3
disneyteach
Grand Villa

I don't rent my points, but my friend who travels with us is a regular renter of a BLT owner she 'met' on a FB page.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:55 PM   #4
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Permanently Banned

many owners do this...good luck.
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:59 PM   #5
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Yes, I have had several repeat renters and when I was renting points for my own use I dealt with the same owner several times.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:06 PM   #6
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

I have had regular renters for many years, who call/email us the same time every year they want to go to WDW.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:14 PM   #7
Kerri jo
Grand Villa

I have repeat guest travelers I work with as well, and most just reach out to me when they are starting to make their travel plans. If I know I'm going to run low on points from personal or other guest use, I typically reach out to previous guests to see if they are planning to travel at their usual time, or if I should go ahead with making another guest's plans. Some of my guests travel annually, some go a few years in between, and others have rented a few times in a single year and then go on to become a DVC member themselves

I have enjoyed getting to know people through the discussion forums as well as through travel planning on this site. It has been and continues to be a fun outlet for me.
2020 ~ AUL, BCV, BWV, PVB; 2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:51 AM   #8
FCivish3
One Bedroom

I rent out points once or twice a year, depending on how many of our 1000 points our family will use, or won't use. For example, this year I currently have 800 points in reservations for our family, and have rented out the rest, but sometime during the spring or summer, my October reservations will be modified, as I settle firmly on dates, and this will free up perhaps another 150 or 200 points which I probably will rent.

I have rented to dozens of people over the years and out of them, I have half a dozen people that I have rented to who frequently ask me if I can help them with more points and other reservations for themselves and their family or friends.

I always try to do what I can to take care of them, since I already have a relationship with them and I think of most of them as 'friends' by now. But my biggest problem is that I generally don't have more points available for when they need them. However, even when I can't help them, I still check for them to see if reservations are available, or I answer their questions or give advice.

Poly, AKL, BLT

FCivish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:23 AM   #9
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

I am an owner who rents points. Some of my clients are repeat, but many buy into DVC after they have rented from me...Good for the Mouse!!
Old 01-15-2020, 11:45 AM   #10
lcras
Studio

I rent my extra points out and I have had a few repeats over the years. It all depends on where they want to stay and is it my home resort (7 -11 month window) and if I have any points left that year. Many renters want to try out different resorts when going back, which is what we personally do also. I encourage all my renters that booking early is the best way to ensure they can stay where they want to stay.

Home Resorts: AKV, BLT, BWV, VGF
lcras is offline   Reply With Quote