home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #511
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Good mornin' Dave, MikeYanks, Amy, Jimmy, Jeff, and everyone

Good luck with try outs Jeff

Dave looks like the rain is going to stay south of you, so hopefully a good day to get some work done

Jimmy maybe the CM was looking at wrong date or resort. .... i had the same thing on my laptop talking to RCCL - book a cruise while you're on a cruise

Brian thanks ... whoever LaBron guarded in the 3 rd and 4 th quarter, that person (Pacer) didn't score.

Amy on Anniversary dinner at Le Cellier

NFL Schedule came out last night, we have 3 night games .... hopefully we'll be better this yr .... it's very early, but i like our new GM, he's making smart moves .... looking forward to the NFL draft next Thursday night

.... Patty the Steeler come to Indy in Nov.

WDW

Last edited by Indy; 04-21-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:13 AM   #512
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsweeney View Post
My response to things like that is something like "Really, I haven't seen any agenda!" or at least in my head it is hope it is still a productive day!
Believe me, that's what I would normally do, but in this case it's a meeting I have to attend.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:17 AM   #513
cheyenne
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsweeney View Post
I'm usually in your boat being too cheap for that the extra 2016 points we got helped me splurge there

Not completely planned out yet for Boston! Fenway on Friday (luck of the draw they are playing my team, the Rays) and probably Sam Adams brewery on Saturday, as well as hitting up a lot of the historical sites. We're there all day Sunday and leaving Monday morning, so we've got plenty of time to fill! Any must dos? I've been to visit Harvard twice, but we'll probably run by there so DW can see the yard!
If you're doing the historical sites definitely try to include a stop at Old Ironsides. It's very cool. I'm a big fan of the North End (as are most people) so a meal there is a must. DH & I had our first date in the North End. Be prepared to wait or go early. It's packed on the weekend nights. The debate over Mike's Pastry vs. Modern Pastry rages on. I prefer Modern, but both will have big lines. If the lines aren't horrible I'd suggest a pastry from each. Just for comparison purposes of course. A stroll & some people watching at Fanueil Hall would be great too if you can fit it in. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
As if I have a choice in the matter? Assuming the topic is of enough interest to me, I'm going to go through all of the research anyhow, whether I post about it or not.

Once we had a local representative in the state legislature introduce a bill that could have had adverse effects on her field. So I read the bill, and fired off a point-by-point critique of it to the rep. G's co-worker found out that I emailed him and asked if I actually knew what I was talking about. G was just like "uhhh... yeah...he probably knows more than the guy who wrote it now"
We might tease you about it but I for one appreciate your vast knowledge on pretty much all subjects. It must be hard to be the smartest guy in the room all the time.

Sorry about your unplanned meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks07 View Post
I'm confused myself, I was looking straight at it on member site, went to the make a res online page and not avail., called member services and cm said it was not avail even though I was looking at it on 60day availability page, who knows
Well that sucks. On a positive note I think you'll really enjoy Geyser Point. Get the BBQ brisket dip at the bar!

Great delivery stories all!

Hi Jeff & good luck with tryouts this weekend.

No Mike or Kelly last night?

DH & DS18 are getting ready to head to VT not sure what DS17 & I are going to do while they're gone. Maybe nothing. Vacation week is winding down, but school will be out for summer before you know it.

Have a good day all.

cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:25 AM   #514
cheyenne
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by suecait View Post
Colorado Springs? Maybe you can meet Joe Kenda, Homicide Hunter!
Thought I had included this in the last round of quotes but I guess not.

It's Pam that's going to CS not me.

Good luck with your plank challenge. Better you than me!

cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:46 AM   #515
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne View Post
We might tease you about it but I for one appreciate your vast knowledge on pretty much all subjects. It must be hard to be the smartest guy in the room all the time.

Have a good day all.
I for two !!
...... Julie, yep Old Ironsides is very cool

Yep Sue good luck with Planking

..... I forgot to mention earlier .... I bought Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus off of E-bay for $ 11.25 ... Yes great price. ... it works great and its MS validated. .... If you're interested in getting it , I'll post the link from Apollodigital (on E-bay)
......... what they said why we can get it so inexpensive, ... it's from a lot of left over MS Office 2013 software, that wasn't sold with a computer ( you can also get a part of the computer if you want) , .. so they can sell it cheaper from England, because can't sell it in the States. ... It's a download with the Product Key. ..... I just didn't want to buy the office subscription and pay a yearly fee, ... I've been using MS Office 2007 and felt like i needed to get a newer version and not pay the yearly subscription.

.............. my wife has been teasing me because the first one i bought it said it was from Tennessee, but it came from China ... and of course the Product Key had been used over 20,000 times ... she said she die laughing if it was in Chinese (it was in English) just didn't work .... Good thing E-bay has that buyer protection, i should get my $ 64.99 back (It's in transit [returned] to TN, will get $ back when delivered) ... Yep the Mrs razes me about looking for deals

WDW

Last edited by Indy; 04-21-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:39 PM   #516
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
I for two !!
...... Julie, yep Old Ironsides is very cool

Yep Sue good luck with Planking

..... I forgot to mention earlier .... I bought Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus off of E-bay for $ 11.25 ... Yes great price. ... it works great and its MS validated. .... If you're interested in getting it , I'll post the link from Apollodigital (on E-bay)
......... what they said why we can get it so inexpensive, ... it's from a lot of left over MS Office 2013 software, that wasn't sold with a computer ( you can also get a part of the computer if you want) , .. so they can sell it cheaper from England, because can't sell it in the States. ... It's a download with the Product Key. ..... I just didn't want to buy the office subscription and pay a yearly fee, ... I've been using MS Office 2007 and felt like i needed to get a newer version and not pay the yearly subscription.

.............. my wife has been teasing me because the first one i bought it said it was from Tennessee, but it came from China ... and of course the Product Key had been used over 20,000 times ... she said she die laughing if it was in Chinese (it was in English) just didn't work .... Good thing E-bay has that buyer protection, i should get my $ 64.99 back (It's in transit [returned] to TN, will get $ back when delivered) ... Yep the Mrs razes me about looking for deals
Nice deal Karl.
We have an arrangement through work where I can buy Office for something like $10. The only downside is that they're the newer versions. As someone who has used Excel extensively on a daily basis for 20 years, I'll tell you that 2007 was the last of the GOOD versions. I'm still in the Anger phase over the changes they made starting in 2010. Ribbons! ARGH!!
Old 04-21-2017, 03:17 PM   #517
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

The weekend has officially started! Got home just before 1:00. Left the house, walking, to do some errands. Got back at 3:00. Nice walk...and now I can stitch the night away without guilt. Good for the environment and good for me! Leaf game tonight! Go Leafs Go!
Old 04-21-2017, 03:20 PM   #518
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

I did read back...but can't remember a thing.

Karl is buying cheap software...Dave is engineering, just as a side one, my DH can give him a run for his money on the smartest guy in the room....Julie is shipping kids here and there this week....Amy is planning an anniversary dinner at Le Cellier...Jeff has kids competing in everything...

I remembered more than I thought.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:44 PM   #519
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post
I did read back...but can't remember a thing.

Karl is buying cheap software...Dave is engineering, just as a side one, my DH can give him a run for his money on the smartest guy in the room....Julie is shipping kids here and there this week....Amy is planning an anniversary dinner at Le Cellier...Jeff has kids competing in everything...

I remembered more than I thought.
Thanks for doing all that remembering for me. The summary is great. I haven't been too chatty this week.....had a few meetings, a lunch and oh yeah, been watching all that hockey!

Karl - I heard the NFL schedule was out but only heard that the Steelers have to play on Christmas again this year. So I didn't know they were going to Indy.....

Good luck to your Leafs tonight, Kelly. Have a good weekend all.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:31 PM   #520
jsweeney
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post
The weekend has officially started! Got home just before 1:00. Left the house, walking, to do some errands. Got back at 3:00. Nice walk...and now I can stitch the night away without guilt. Good for the environment and good for me! Leaf game tonight! Go Leafs Go!
Go Leafs!

And thanks all for the Boston recs!
2007: Boardwalk GV
2007-2011: Annual trips to Night of Joy
2010: Port Orleans to run Disney Half Marathon
2014: Day trip to all parks with siblings
Jan. 2017: Fort Wilderness w/DW for first time

Me: Jimmy , DW
jsweeney is offline   Reply With Quote