home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 08:25 AM   #61
Meaghanqt
Grand Villa

For me it's the Poly, I just have no desire to stay there. It feels old and worn to me and not very magical.
Meaghanqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:58 AM   #62
reblzmom
Grand Villa

I also think it is important to stay somewhere to form your own opinion. I never in a million years thought I would like BLT, but I wanted to stay there because of the location. I ended up really liking it. Conversely I thought loving VGF was a given. But it took a while for me to appreciate it. I loved the location but the room itself was a bit of a let down for me. Also the purpose of the trip and age of travelers has a lot to do with appreciating the villa. We first stayed at Jambo (cash ressie) when our sons were in their teens and just loved it. Later we stayed at Kidani with a son in his 20's. At first it was fun, but then we quickly became B-O-R-E-D. Bottom line: there is no one answer. (Except that BWV is always good)
Old 04-21-2017, 09:16 AM   #63
Jcsquirrel
Two Bedroom

Default choice

Maybe their just is no answer and the Disney people are smarter than we give them credit. I often wonder how can I get reservations at my favorite resorts at 7 months and the answer it we all have different views of what we want and what is best or we just want to try something new. If we all agreed that one resort was best it would just make it impossible to get in. It really appears the only place rooms are tough is when their is a limited room option. AKL value or BLT MK view. I agree with others that ever resort has something amazing and you wish they all had, but that is what keeps the choices.

OKW Big rooms
SSR Disney Springs
BLT MK walking very active area
GFV Pomp and Circumstance
Poly theme transportation
BWV 2x walking
BCV pool EPCOT
AKV animals
CCV Rustic charm more isolated than monorail
Jcsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:26 AM   #64
DisneyEater
Grand Villa

All interest me in one way or another, but Poly would be towards the bottom. Does nothing for me.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #65
disneyridleys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
BWV, the long hall ways, and we just don't like the theming. To me the only good thing about staying there is that if you get the right view, you can look out your window and see the pretty Yacht and Beach Club. This resort is always the very last one I check for when needing a room.
We agree. We have done BWV twice now and once we were at the end of the hallway close to HS (so the walk down the hall to get to the Boardwalk was loooong), and once we had a direct view of the clown pool (yikes). We like the boardwalk in and of itself, but the villas do not do it for us.
disneyridleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:51 AM   #66
OffToTheMouse
One Bedroom

OKW - What does it really offer?

At least my SSR has easy access to the Springs. Which I eat at every night while there.
OffToTheMouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:01 PM   #67
rowrbazzle
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
^^^^^^^^

This. I do not understand the hate for BWV and BCV (except the trees but man the location is PRIME)
I don't hate them, but neither theme really appeals to me and the location doesn't suit my needs - Epcot is probably last on my list of parks to visit. I showed my mom pictures of the Poly rooms and she was just, eh, not intrigued. Showed her BCV and she really liked them. So maybe I'm just not old enough for the Epcot resorts.
rowrbazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:18 PM   #68
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
I don't hate them, but neither theme really appeals to me and the location doesn't suit my needs - Epcot is probably last on my list of parks to visit. I showed my mom pictures of the Poly rooms and she was just, eh, not intrigued. Showed her BCV and she really liked them. So maybe I'm just not old enough for the Epcot resorts.
LOL I don't think it's an age thing. I'm 40 and have enjoyed both the Epcot an the Polynesian (and have both for a very long time). It's hard to explain why some appeal to others.

I will say what I see in pictures aren't always indicative of how it feels IRL in person. So just because you like the pictures doesn't mean you will enjoy the resort an vice versa. Like for me SSR - loved the pictures but I hate how it feels at the resort. BCV I didn't care for the pictures of the new rooms, but love how it feels IRL. Go figure.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:20 PM   #69
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

For us, it's BLT. We've never liked the Contemporary, and just like the Contemporary, BLT seems too cold and impersonal for us. Among non-DVC resorts, we'd never stay at Coronado Springs. Nothing against that one, but we live in the Southwest near Mexico, and it seemed like home, not vacation, when we went over there.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:29 PM   #70
dvcnewbie1212
Grand Villa

While we haven't stayed in as many different resorts as hoped to, OKW ranks lowest on our list. I like the theming and large rooms, but that is not enough to counter the negatives. Despite being labeled as a quiet, getaway, we found OKW loud (buses, buses, buses) and busy (too many people are also driving their cars around the resort). We found the transportation the worst so far and the dining choices too limited.
2012 AKV 1st DVC visit
2013 SSR waterpark trip
2013 AKV Girls Only
2014 DCL,VB,OKW
2015 PVB & AKV
dvcnewbie1212 is offline   Reply With Quote