home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Site / Forum News and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 10:59 PM   #11
BugsDad
Grand Villa

Welcome! I enjoyed reading your very nice post.

BugsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:55 AM   #12
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Welcome and congrats on your new status

Great post - thank you for sharing!

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:12 AM   #13
JudieHopps
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwddd View Post
I have been reading off and on for a while, and now I understand why I'm still listed as a n00b!! Thanks, Ret for your post, and for making me feel brave enough to lurk no longer...
I hope you have a wonderful time!

My husband and I bought at BWV not too long ago and have already been struck by addonitis. We are awaiting ROFR for a small 80 contract at Poly.

I am headed to MNSSHP Oct 25 (mother/daughter trip this time) and am already counting the days. I simply love the magic of being at Disney as well.

Thanks for all the informative, funny and supportive posts. I truly enjoy passing the time reading here.

Alicia

Thank you Alicia! I think we have a lurked a bit, but I am learning what a great group of helpful people are here... and how just plain enjoyable it is to share some Disney passion with those who understand.
So welcome and n00bs we shall all be together!

PS ...so tempted to ask where the rental offerings are, but would hate to poke the bear on my second post... lol 😂
[quote=ermindy1133;1357389]The bear left us specific instructions to mock, ridicule, and scorn all transgressors. Don't do it, girl!

JudieHopps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:14 AM   #14
JudieHopps
Studio

Thank you all !
Old 04-21-2017, 08:35 AM   #15
taccol
One Bedroom

Congratulations!! I remember that gap from nOOB to studio!! Not so long ago for me!!
Old 04-21-2017, 06:58 PM   #16
JudieHopps
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Ret,

I strongly suggest you somehow make a record of your trips.
It can be as little as a single line in a list of trips, recording dates and where you stayed. Or it can be folder labeled by month & year, containing all the planning documents for that trip. (Hint: I do both!)

Someday you will be glad you did!
... and it's never necessary to apologize for a Star Wars reference!
I just wanted to thank you again.
I slept thinking about it last night, woke up refreshed and knew what I wanted to do. You are so right, now is the time to record our trips before the little details slip away. I really want to do a quick reference for review, along with the trips themselves. Yup, both as you hinted
Resort, room, date points used etc. , my mind is still formulating of course, but I know where I want to go with it.
So again, thank you for spurring me on!
Old 04-26-2017, 09:38 PM   #17
alwddd
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Passed ROFR!

Hello again! Well, I'm happy to share that our Poly contract has passed ROFR.

Given that we still have about a month (or so) to go before everything is finalized, in your experience what do you think the chances are that we might find any availability for 10/25-10/30 (mom&daughter trip)?

I'd love to surprise her! We are booked off-site right now...it would be wonderful to stay in the Disney bubble! She's so excited. We already have our costumes organized and are getting together in May to make them.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
A

DS DH
alwddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:52 PM   #18
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudieHopps View Post
I just wanted to thank you again.
I slept thinking about it last night, woke up refreshed and knew what I wanted to do. You are so right, now is the time to record our trips before the little details slip away. I really want to do a quick reference for review, along with the trips themselves. Yup, both as you hinted
Resort, room, date points used etc. , my mind is still formulating of course, but I know where I want to go with it.
So again, thank you for spurring me on!
Very nice initial post on this thread.

We actually keep a Journal in our owner's locker that I document all our trips in. I make the girls write at least one paragraph per trip of their favorite things about the trip.

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:03 PM   #19
alwddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmer55 View Post
Very nice initial post on this thread.

We actually keep a Journal in our owner's locker that I document all our trips in. I make the girls write at least one paragraph per trip of their favorite things about the trip.
This is such a great idea! I may give this a try with my DS next time we go. Thanks for sharing. We have our photos stream as screen savers so we can remember our trips that way, but I'd love to see what he would write...

DS DH
alwddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:45 PM   #20
Nastasya

Congratulations on your MO promotion!!!

A super noob here as my MO rank would suggest, there seems to be ever so much to learn about Disney. So many little secrets to be discovered, which adds a lot to the fun of it all! MO is definitely a great resource, with its knowledgeable and helpful userbase. Hopefully I'll mature to be a reliable knowledge bank of Disney things someday... But I think I'll have to add-on a few more points first!
Nastasya is offline   Reply With Quote