home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-19-2017, 11:03 PM   #311
delfinavacano
Studio

Okay, so... I am looking at trying to get a BLT 1-bedroom lake-view at the 7-month window (fingers crossed it will still be available) and in looking through reviews about different units to figure out what I want to request... do some of the 1-bedrooms not have barstools and some do? Some are smaller? Which ones have barstools if that is true? I've never stayed at BLT, so I'm not all that familiar with the resort.
delfinavacano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:12 AM   #312
lespaul30
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Annual Pass and FastPass

We are planning 3 trips to WDW within an 11 month span so purchasing APs makes sense. However, our 60 day window for FP+ opens on 5/8. If I purchase the APs today, will they automatically link to MDE or will I have to wait for vouchers in the mail? Thanks!
lespaul30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:13 AM   #313
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespaul30 View Post
We are planning 3 trips to WDW within an 11 month span so purchasing APs makes sense. However, our 60 day window for FP+ opens on 5/8. If I purchase the APs today, will they automatically link to MDE or will I have to wait for vouchers in the mail? Thanks!
If you purchase online, you select which people from your Family & Friends list to link them to.
If you purchase by phone, they will give you a confirmation number which you can manually link to MDE.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:55 AM   #314
ross0354
Studio

My running group is planning on doing the wine and dine half marathon November 2018. I'm thinking I will get 2, 2 bedroom villas at SSR to accommodate our team. Is it possible to get rooms next to each other? I've never reserved multiple rooms before. It would be a bummer to have the 2 rooms end up on opposite sides of the huge resort.

Thanks!
-Jen
ross0354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:10 AM   #315
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross0354 View Post
My running group is planning on doing the wine and dine half marathon November 2018. I'm thinking I will get 2, 2 bedroom villas at SSR to accommodate our team. Is it possible to get rooms next to each other? I've never reserved multiple rooms before. It would be a bummer to have the 2 rooms end up on opposite sides of the huge resort.

Thanks!
-Jen
While there is no guarantee they will be near to each other, at SSR you should have a good chance of them being in the same building.

At SSR, there are 18 separate buildings and each has the same room configuration. So, each building will have 20 dedicated 2-bedroom villas and 24 lock-off 2-bedroom villas.

Once the reservations are made, you will want to have MS place a Travel With on both reservations. This will alert the room assigner that the rooms should be placed as near to each other as possible. You probably shouldn't add any location requests as that could impact the odds of them being near each other.

Last edited by JaxFLBear; 04-25-2017 at 10:36 AM.
JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:07 PM   #316
lespaul30
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
If you purchase online, you select which people from your Family & Friends list to link them to.
If you purchase by phone, they will give you a confirmation number which you can manually link to MDE.
Excellent! That's what I was hoping someone would say. Thanks!
lespaul30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:24 PM   #317
yanylove
Studio

We have a cruise booked for September 2017 and flying in a day early to make sure that we can get there early. I have studio booked for Poly for the first time and want to try O'Hana as I heard it's quite good.
For September reservation, I know I already missed the 180 days mark, but I cannot get any reservation for the dinner. Is it really hard to get reservation at O'Hana?
Thank you.
yanylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:42 PM   #318
Mox147
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanylove View Post
We have a cruise booked for September 2017 and flying in a day early to make sure that we can get there early. I have studio booked for Poly for the first time and want to try O'Hana as I heard it's quite good.
For September reservation, I know I already missed the 180 days mark, but I cannot get any reservation for the dinner. Is it really hard to get reservation at O'Hana?
Thank you.
I have found O'hana extremely hard to book. It is gone within minutes of the 180 window opening up. I booked that as my first ADR last week when my window opened up. I was on right at 6 and could not get a dinner for my first night. I was able to get one 4 nights in. Try touring plans dining finder. I used it and was able to snag a ressie, though later than I would have liked, by using it. Good luck and keep checking.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #319
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanylove View Post
Thank you.
Yes....O'Hana is a very popular restaurant. I have found that getting a walk-up reservation is possible if you get there at opening of dinner and wait. Once the first round od seating is done, there are always no-shows for dinner and you can get seated.

If its just the two of you, there are several monorail resort restaurants that you can sit in the lounge and order dinner quite easily.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:32 PM   #320
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfinavacano View Post
Okay, so... I am looking at trying to get a BLT 1-bedroom lake-view at the 7-month window (fingers crossed it will still be available) and in looking through reviews about different units to figure out what I want to request... do some of the 1-bedrooms not have barstools and some do? Some are smaller? Which ones have barstools if that is true? I've never stayed at BLT, so I'm not all that familiar with the resort.
I cannot say with absolute certainty but the times we have stayed at BLT there were stools in the villas on the outside of the "C" and no stools on the inside of the "C". I am guessing that the inner rooms are slightly smaller.