home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-18-2017, 10:20 PM   #11
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsack View Post
For those of you that were interested in a follow up with this thread...

The process took about 3.5 months from start to finish, but today I received a digital copy of my DVC membership card.

Just so you know... Transferring my parent's contract into my wife's and my name was quite easy. First you submit a couple simple forms about 3-4 pages total in length along with a copy of the deed to be transferred and $475 to the title company. Included in these forms is a request for Disney to waive their ROFR. About two weeks later the title company sends some more lengthy and detailed forms to be signed and notarized by both parties. After you send these forms back to the title company, the transfer process is started and it will go through ROFR, but it is just a formality since money does not change hands. A few weeks later we received notice from the title company that the transfer had been approved and the deed was recorded in public records. Five weeks after it was recorded, I received my member number from DVC.

We are thrilled and very thankful for this membership. And... we received our membership card just in time for the Star Wars Half-Marathon on Sunday.

Glad it worked out so well. Congratulations!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:20 PM   #12
HiddenMickeyHunter
One Bedroom

Isn't "family vacations" the primary selling point? Why would they hassle you for transfer within a family???

Old Key West ( F&G) 5/2017 with Mom-in-Law
Boardwalk Villas (F&W) 9/2016 with Friends
Animal Kingdom Kadani Savannah - Thanksgiving 2015
Animal Kingdom - Kadani Savannah (F&G) 5/2015 with Mom-in-Law
Olde Key West (F&W) 10/2014 with Friends
Animal Kingdom-Kadani Savannah (F&G) 5/2014
Saratoga Springs (F&W) 10/2013 with Mom-in-Law
Boardwalk Villas (F&G), WDW & DVC Virgin 4/2013
HiddenMickeyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:29 PM   #13
disney65
Grand Villa

Quote:

The process took about 3.5 months from start to finish, but today I received a digital copy of my DVC membership card.

Just so you know... Transferring my parent's contract into my wife's and my name was quite easy. First you submit a couple simple forms about 3-4 pages total in length along with a copy of the deed to be transferred and $475 to the title company. Included in these forms is a request for Disney to waive their ROFR. About two weeks later the title company sends some more lengthy and detailed forms to be signed and notarized by both parties. After you send these forms back to the title company, the transfer process is started and it will go through ROFR, but it is just a formality since money does not change hands. A few weeks later we received notice from the title company that the transfer had been approved and the deed was recorded in public records. Five weeks after it was recorded, I received my member number from DVC.

We are thrilled and very thankful for this membership. And... we received our membership card just in time for the Star Wars Half-Marathon on Sunday.
Congratulations, glad to hear everything worked out the way you wanted it.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:35 PM   #14
JudieHopps
Studio

Quote:

Woo Hoo! Congratulations to you and your family! I am sure your parents are thrilled that it went so seamlessly!
I hope you all have many happy vacations together.
....and a fabulous Star Wars half Marathon!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:38 PM   #15
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Glad to hear this is completed!

I had looked into just a change in title for my husband and I into a trust. I started the process, but we have 13 contracts and at $475 a pop, we decided against changing the title [for now].

I'm going to try and figure out how to file all of this myself. $6,175 seemed a ridiculous amount of money for a change of title [in my circumstance].

Where I'm Going 2017:

Thursday, 05/25/17 - Friday, 06/08/2017 - Aulani - 2 bdrm (Island View)

Sunday, 06/25/17 - Monday, 07/04/17 - HHI Studio
Monday, 07/04/17 - Wednesday, 07/05/17 - Hyatt Regency (River Front) Savannah, GA
Wednesday, 07/05/17 - Saturday, 07/08/17 - HHI Studio

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:00 AM   #16
helenabear
Grand Villa

So glad this worked out for you! Welcome home!!!
Old 04-19-2017, 08:12 AM   #17
Times3
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Congratulations! So happy for you. Thank you for sharing this info. We will be doing the same down the road at some point so this is most helpful. Enjoy!
Times3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:12 AM   #18
CarolA
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
I think it does have to go through ROFR as a formality, but it's just a formality. There would be no purpose in trying to take it because the original owners could just back out of the gift the same way a seller can always back out of the sale. The only purpose I could ever see would in DVC even trying to exercise ROFR in this situation is maybe if there was someone very undesirable that they did not want to have ownership in the Club. I am sure that somewhere in all those documents are clauses on things that could cause someone to get kicked out and they probably want to have a way to prevent that person from getting back in via a back door.
It's been a long time but I actually read about Disney exercising ROFR on one of these. Of course after the person went on "the other board" and carried on for a while it came out that the family member doing the transfer was way behind in paying dues or loans... not sure what but I recall that there was a significant debt to Disney that the "new owner" was going to pay off when he/she got the membership. Disney apparently decided "no transfer until you pay" and then foreclosed on the membership. (Which the whiny poster claimed was retaliation. LOL!)
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote