home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 12:56 PM   #31
PurrfectPrincess
One Bedroom

I also am seeing DVC villas in the proposed tower. We are DVC owners but still stay on cash at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort from time to time as we find it a lovely, spacious and relaxed place to stay. But really, I would think they have enough rooms there, standard to suites, as it is. Last time we were there it seemed that barely half of the rooms were occupied.
PurrfectPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:43 PM   #32
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurrfectPrincess View Post
I also am seeing DVC villas in the proposed tower. We are DVC owners but still stay on cash at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort from time to time as we find it a lovely, spacious and relaxed place to stay. But really, I would think they have enough rooms there, standard to suites, as it is. Last time we were there it seemed that barely half of the rooms were occupied.

The last time we stayed at CSR they upgraded us to a suite in the Casitas section. The suite was actually two connecting rooms, a king bed in one room and a rather uncomfortable rattan sofa and chairs in the other, really more suitable for a patio than a hotel room that cost $800 per night in 2008. Hopefully the current suites are a bit more deluxe than that.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:31 PM   #33
disneyridleys
Grand Villa

I love Coronado Springs. I am just surprised about the 15 story tower. Other than BLT, all of the Disney resorts are a bit...flat. Hmmm....
disneyridleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:26 PM   #34
debabe
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmoneous View Post
Wow. I can honestly say the last thing I expected from Disney is expansion at the moderate resorts.

debabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:40 PM   #35
tommyjt24
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyridleys View Post
I love Coronado Springs. I am just surprised about the 15 story tower. Other than BLT, all of the Disney resorts are a bit...flat. Hmmm....
Maybe they are worried about running out of space!

I'd agree with everyone else CSR is a pretty nice resort, I stayed without a convention going on (or at least not a noticeable one) and was spacious. I could see that place getting busy with a some conventions.
tommyjt24 is offline   Reply With Quote