home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-21-2021, 10:15 PM   #21
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
So far, absolutely no new Covid cases related to patient X! Early days yet, but so far, so good! Patient X remains hospitalized on one of our medical units, but has not required intensive care, so that’s a blessing.
Hope you remain safe!

I came back to update on my friend who just tested positive. With the shot she was only fatigued for her side effects. That is normal for her. They gave her monoclonal treatment and she bounced back the next day completely. Keep in mind she has so many other health issues. Doctors are convinced the 1 dose - and not even 2 - kept her out of the hospital and really mostly asymptomatic to mildly symptomatic.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:27 AM   #22
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Still no new infections, post-exposure. .
Old 02-22-2021, 01:04 PM   #23
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Old 02-22-2021, 02:16 PM   #24
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
That's great on so many levels!!

The increased evidence that vaccination significantly inhibits infection is really promising!
Old 02-22-2021, 03:27 PM   #25
PSULion22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
That's great on so many levels!!

The increased evidence that vaccination significantly inhibits infection is really promising!
Not just inhibits infection, but also adding Helena's case, reduces severity of symptoms as well. That's just as important in judging the overall effectiveness of the vaccine.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 04:36 PM   #26
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
Not just inhibits infection, but also adding Helena's case, reduces severity of symptoms as well. That's just as important in judging the overall effectiveness of the vaccine.
I agree. The most important factor is preventing severe illness. The inhibiting of infection and transmission, however, offers much more promise for an increasing return to normalcy. If vaccinated individuals are, indeed, essentially removed from the pool of viral transmission, that is a huge boost in suppressing the prevalence of the virus.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:59 PM   #27
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

So, hijacking my own thread... got a notification this evening that we have covid positive patients on the unit. Again! Off to the lab to be violated again before work. We were all negative, of course. (We also donít have covid. ) So tonight Iím covid-sitting our 4 positive patients. One of the other nurses Iím working with hasnít had the vaccine because ďMy doctor didnít think it was a good idea.Ē And she canít take care of covid patients because ďI have an autoimmune disorder.Ē She also just missed 2 weeks of work for snow when everyone else made it in, some of us camping out for days. Sorry, but if your health is that fragile, (it isnít) the hospital is no place for you right now. Suck it up, buttercup. Rant over. Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:11 AM   #28
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Update... apparently some of the tests were still pending. We actually only have 2 patients who are testing negative. All others are positive...
Old 02-23-2021, 09:53 AM   #29
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
So, hijacking my own thread... got a notification this evening that we have covid positive patients on the unit. Again! Off to the lab to be violated again before work. We were all negative, of course. (We also donít have covid. ) So tonight Iím covid-sitting our 4 positive patients. One of the other nurses Iím working with hasnít had the vaccine because ďMy doctor didnít think it was a good idea.Ē And she canít take care of covid patients because ďI have an autoimmune disorder.Ē She also just missed 2 weeks of work for snow when everyone else made it in, some of us camping out for days. Sorry, but if your health is that fragile, (it isnít) the hospital is no place for you right now. Suck it up, buttercup. Rant over. Thanks for letting me vent.
Two Weeks?!!! Even my namby-pamby liberal "Good Christian" bleeding heart would fry that person. Suck it up, buttercup indeed.

Hope everybody continues to stay safe, no nurses who fail to channel Florence Nightingale are stuffed in a medical waste bin, and the COVID patients do OK.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:17 PM   #30
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Two Weeks?!!! Even my namby-pamby liberal "Good Christian" bleeding heart would fry that person. Suck it up, buttercup indeed.

Hope everybody continues to stay safe, no nurses who fail to channel Florence Nightingale are stuffed in a medical waste bin, and the COVID patients do OK.

Dirk
I'm glad you said it first, Dirk!

Seriously, DW has gone into work early and/or stayed through the day between shifts multiple times over the years. There have been a number of occasions in which I have driven her to work (I'm more comfortable with driving in such conditions and have the 4x4 truck), and there was one situation when we took out a hotel room near her work for 3 nights so that she could get too and from the hospital during a nor'easter back in 2012. That's just not cool!

On another note - I'm glad to hear that things are still looking good for the nurses on your unit!