home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-31-2020, 11:14 AM   #41
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl sweat View Post
we have been twice this year, both post covid, best trips ever. called to dump some points by booking the cabins. they told me with the amount of points I own I could check in at 4pm, but would have to be out by 6pm, and don't touch nothin.

Maybe if several of us buddy up, we could stay for a few hours and at least sit on the couch?
Old 12-31-2020, 11:16 AM   #42
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
I didn't realize that Disney rented rooms for those types of arrangements. New revenue source?

Cheers.
Theyíre in a financial crisis. Gotta do whatever they can to generate revenue...
Old 12-31-2020, 11:17 AM   #43
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
I didn't realize that Disney rented rooms for those types of arrangements. New revenue source?

Cheers.
A new E- ticket ride?
Old 12-31-2020, 12:26 PM   #44
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
A new E- ticket ride?
Oh no. This is clearly the new, long-rumored next level: The F-ticket.

Cheers.
Old 12-31-2020, 05:03 PM   #45
BLTMouse
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
That's the resort side, not DVC. I think 2022 is when PVB is due for a soft goods refresh.
Helenabear and Kerri Jo, the soft goods refurb for PVB was moved from 2022 to 2021. It was announced at the December DVC meeting. The thought seems to be that they might as well do the entire resort all at once.
BLTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 05:13 PM   #46
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTMouse View Post
Helenabear and Kerri Jo, the soft goods refurb for PVB was moved from 2022 to 2021. It was announced at the December DVC meeting. The thought seems to be that they might as well do the entire resort all at once.
Yeah I can't keep days straight let alone years lol I do have legit number issues though so I simply misread which is why I said I think. Me and numbers suck. Not a full scale refurb though and not shutting down the resort to do it. Why they moved is speculation but the guess I heard was to spread out full refurbs like at SSR and BRV since both of those are behind. Do wish they'd bring in the Murphy beds in quickly though
Old 02-16-2021, 04:43 PM   #47
iluvthsgam
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
Iím a CCV owner and I donít complain about instant sell out of the resort at 11 month opening because I understand what I purchased. CCV is booking just as expected. Itís small, lower point chart, built in premium with Cabins and has fixed weeks. Thatís a fixed week purchase only scenario IMO. I know the guides sold otherwise and owners are struggling to book but this was by design.

Again my opinion but why did they trot out the 50% banking limit at the 1 st sign of COVID trouble? There was nothing to manage but a crisis.
That was an effort to reduce point competition from owners vs DVD points that are already flooding the system. The system was flooding before the unprecedented events of 2020.

The POS states members will be at a disadvantage when competing with DVD.
DVD canít flood the system with their points and allow owners to continue to bank and borrow. Itís like currency. They are devaluing owners currency so their developer points have more value and purchasing power. Once the point charts are adjusted and they can fully exercise their options, I believe B&B will go away fully. Competition squashed. All those little contracts they sold, reduced to rubble.

So many members believe the restrictions are temporary and will be restored. Members should entertain the thought of how they will use their membership if it is not restored or eliminated.
It will be a game changer for many.

I find it fascinating and chess like. They want us to enjoy the ride and I do because my strategy is to stay in the buggy as long as I can. Our competition is not each other, itís not walking reservations. itís DVD. How are we going to compete with DVD for villas? That is the question. Maybe a poll?
Position yourselves.
Is there somewhere online where someone has calculated how many points DVD controls? Or do you know?
iluvthsgam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 06:53 PM   #48
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvthsgam View Post
Is there somewhere online where someone has calculated how many points DVD controls? Or do you know?
DVD owns everything we do not. That includes all unsold Resort inventory, 2-3% of every sold out DVC ((developer points), all lock off premium points, RCI deposits, forfeitures and mismanaged points to name a few,also foreclosures.
Point exchanges for member cruises and Disney collection.

A member contacted me this morning wanting to rent points because they already hit 50% borrow limit on a small 55 point contract.
DVCQUEEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 10:02 AM   #49
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
DVD owns everything we do not. That includes all unsold Resort inventory, 2-3% of every sold out DVC ((developer points), all lock off premium points, RCI deposits, forfeitures and mismanaged points to name a few,also foreclosures.
Point exchanges for member cruises and Disney collection.

A member contacted me this morning wanting to rent points because they already hit 50% borrow limit on a small 55 point contract.
I'm sure the reduced borrowing is killing people who only have small contracts and live in the bank/borrow world. Our original plan was to use that system and go every other year (then addonitis hit...). We'd be back to every 3 years if we were still in that plan.
cpnkirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:16 AM   #50
JanszLoveOswald
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

These posts have been very informative.

While looking at the Point Pool Problem post....(https://www.disneytouristblog.com/di...roblem-closed/)

I found this article that explained why it has been sooooo hard to make reservations at the 7 month window:

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/li...-club-resorts/

We have always bought our home resorts based on where we want to stay. This is critical for Christmas or Spring Break and always booked at the 11 month window.

We would book other trips at the 7 month window and it is virtually impossible to find enough days for the trip.
JanszLoveOswald is online now   Reply With Quote