home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-09-2021, 05:48 PM   #1
pdude81
Grand Villa

Default Guesses on tentative WDW Marathon date for 2022?

I was hoping to get back for the marathon next year but not sure when to target. Anybody know what weekend we'd be looking at? Not sure if the race would likely be on the 9th or on the 16th. Any ideas?

I'm guessing based on past dates they'd target the 9th, but I've given up predicting much of anything this year.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 02:34 AM   #2
runDisneyDVC
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

My guess is that 2022 Marathon Weekend will be Jan 6th-9th. That was how I booked my reservation anyway.

I'm still hoping there might be a W&D Weekend Nov 5th-7th given the other major marathons that are planning for in-person races, but we will see...
runDisneyDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 09:02 AM   #3
Christine207
Studio

I also booked based on the 9th. So hoping the race will take place...
Christine207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:00 AM   #4
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by runDisneyDVC View Post
My guess is that 2022 Marathon Weekend will be Jan 6th-9th. That was how I booked my reservation anyway.

I'm still hoping there might be a W&D Weekend Nov 5th-7th given the other major marathons that are planning for in-person races, but we will see...
I made tentative plans for the Wine & Dine weekend... hoping it comes together.

Where I'm Going 2020:
Aulani - Sunday, December 20 - Friday, January 1, 2021
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 02:15 PM   #5
swat08
One Bedroom

I agree with the date guesses. I'm just unsure whether I am going to participate in Marathon Weekend 2022 if it's held so I haven't made my reservations yet. I am definitely in for 2023. I miss Disney races! Glad to see a few RunDisney fans here!
swat08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 02:18 PM   #6
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

I also agree with the date. The 16th is the day before Martin Luther King day, and although I don't know why, I would think that Disney would rather not have the marathon then.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 03:00 PM   #7
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by runDisneyDVC View Post

In 2017 Jan 1st fell on a Sunday and marathon weekend started the Thursday 5th. No reason to push it later next year that I can see.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 03:27 PM   #8
pdude81
Grand Villa

Thanks all. It seems the first one was on 1/16 but other years that fell on this date would put the main race on 1/9.

I feel like they should be able to get it back together for Wine and Dine, which would guarantee marathon weekend, but it's hard to figure out. I feel like they could sell out a race in November even if they waited until August to see if it was going to be safe to do or not... but the question is masks. Will they do any of these races while they have mask requirements in the parks? Because they can't enforce the rules differently for one set of people than others... and they don't want anybody claiming their mask requirement caused them to pass out either.

Also important is how they plan to handle spectators and all the upcharges normally set up for them. While you can argue runners assume their own liability in a race, letting spectators park along the course and fight for good viewpoints is going to lead to some issues if we're still supposed to be socially distancing.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote