home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-13-2020, 10:51 AM   #11
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

This is the time of year we always go now (give or take a couple days here or there). We're planned May 30 through June 6th. We do plan out morning FP all the time. We do pick more popular rides and leave off the historically shorter lined rides so we can do those. We also will move FPs around if things do stay lesser in terms of lines.

We have easily been able to get FP for many rides later in the day the day of. Just do smaller groups for each and try to overlap.

One thing we do often is plan to hit our first FP at the end of its window. So if park opens at 9, we don't do our planned FP right away, we wait until 10-10:30 to get on. Then we go from there.

I assume you are not park hopping but plan for breaks? Just try to pick your afternoon FP times as you leave the park for the break.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:51 AM   #12
gflatto
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post
- EPCOT hit later. I don't care for rope-dropping EPCOT. Have breakfast in your room or somewhere that isn't get up and go. Maybe do this day after MK since you were probably out late that night. I would do EPCOT FPs for midday, planning to get to the park around 12, do rides till like 3, then off to World Showcase for lunch. If you want to use your Tier-1 on Frozen I'd put it around 5pm, just before or after a dinner res. If you'd rather do Test Track, I'd do SE-MS-TT FPs in a row, which will pack your busy midday time with a pleasant path thru the park. Hop over to Figment for a quick ride there, then to WS for the rest of the day...

HTH!
We actually like to hit Epcot early - we start with a breakfast at Garden Grill around 8:15 (you may already be too late to get that, but worth a try....). That allows us to jump down to Soarin' and ride it first thing with virtually no wait, and no FP required (usually the first ride of the day; sometimes the second depeding on exactly when you head down). Then you can use the Tier 1 for either Test Track (which can also be done single rider) or Frozen.

Trips:
October, 1992 - Yacht Club - Honeymoon
May/June 2008 - BWV - New DVC Member
May/June 2009 - AKV (Kidani) and BCV
May/June 2010 - VWL
July 2010 - VGC
Christmas 2010 - BLT
May/June, 2011 - Dream Cruise and BWV
July 2011 - Grand Villa at Kidani!
October 2011 - BLT for MNSSHP
May/June 2012 - BCV
Christmas, 2012 - BLT
June, 2013 - AKV (Kidani) and BWV
December, 2013 - VGF and BLT
December, 2014 - BWV
June, 2015 - AKV (Kidani) and SSR
December, 2015 - Christmas Cruise on the Fantasy
October, 2016 - BLT
May/June 2017 - BWV
October, 2017 - AKV (Kidani) and CCV
June, 2018 - BWV (No kids!)
December, 2019 - Riviera and BLT
gflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:19 PM   #13
MMC1
Grand Villa

Donít forget the French Bakery, LaBoulangerie opens early if you enter the back International Gate off the SkyLiner. They serve breakfast croissants and quiche.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:36 PM   #14
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeyoreLover View Post
I agree -- I would schedule morning fast passes to increase your odds of being able to schedule additional FPs later in the day -- especially since you have a large group.
Agree, but not just that. Even when demand is low, I will always take immediate entry over a 10-minute wait, or 5 minutes over 25.
Saving them "for the afternoon when you really need them" may work for some but not me. I'm usually doing shows or just plain gone by 2-3 pm.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:50 PM   #15
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

There's something pretty nice about walking into a park in the evening and having short waits for rides while everyone else is looking dead tired in standby after a long day.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:16 AM   #16
richviii
Two Bedroom

We are rope droppers and book the 9, 10, 11. That said, can you get this group truly motivated be up and ready? Are you going to stress? I mean, 9 am gets you to 10 but I see people, as especially more days they get progressively later. As APs, I see the benefits but many don't realize what it really means to get up and moving (especially with that big of a group).

Recent
2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site, Jun Poly, Nov BLT 2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 02:02 AM   #17
iflyjetzzz
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post
We are rope droppers and book the 9, 10, 11. That said, can you get this group truly motivated be up and ready? Are you going to stress? I mean, 9 am gets you to 10 but I see people, as especially more days they get progressively later. As APs, I see the benefits but many don't realize what it really means to get up and moving (especially with that big of a group).
I'll have a group of 16 in July. I'll try 9, 10, 11. We'll see what happens ...
iflyjetzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:33 AM   #18
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
This ^^^^

How sure are you the whole group will be (literally) up for rope drop, especially since rope drop means being at the park 30 minutes before the posted park opening time. Especially when children are involved.

Personally I would make plans for the whole group starting at around 11am, which could mean the first FP at 10:30. Lunch could be after all 3 or in the middle, whether an ADR or QS. Some days you might decide to book dinner rather than lunch. Those that are up for rope drop can go and everyone meets at the first FP ride.

After the last FP, some might like to return to the resort and go out in the evening, others might want to continue in the parks. So show the app-savvy adults how to look for further FPs, and then see what happens when you’re there.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:45 AM   #19
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
That said, can you get this group truly motivated be up and ready?
This had also crossed my mind. We've had newbies along and no matter how much you prep them the reality of it all is much more tiring than they expected. You'd hate for it to be a chore to get them out to the early, hard to book FP's that you put such effort into booking (and they'll have no real clue about that either). Having them a bit later might be easier for everyone and just go with low crowds at park opening assuming you make it to the parks every morning for that.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:42 AM   #20
MMC1
Grand Villa

Maybe it is time to Ask a child to make all the plans? Would probably be way more fun for everybody! Seriously aren’t you just happy to eat ice cream all day long? There are so many ice cream choices and unique locations. I bet it would take all day long to just visit them all and get free taste test spoon and not pay for anything.
Let’s plan it. First we have to wait for the Grand Open of Ample Hills Creamery Disney Springs.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote