home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-13-2020, 12:15 AM   #1
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Default Booking FPs For Party of 8 to 10

Do you have any tips or suggestions for booking FPs for larger groups? We are taking some friends with us in early June. We will have about 8 or 10 in our group. They are basically first time visitors. With the summer heat we will be doing early morning park hours with FPs from about 9:30- 12:30 and returning to the room for mid day breaks then back to the parks at about 4pm to 5 pm for the late afternoon / evenings. Ive never booked FPs for this many. Are there any pitfalls or tips I need to know? Should we break into groups of 4 for booking FPs for the 3 we book in advance or for the ones after we use the first 3 FPs?

Trip Report:
The Tale of Two Trips - The Princesses & The Dudes Take On NYE
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=134143

Spring Break Trip Report / How To Beat The Crowds & Still Have FUN!
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64670

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS22 DD16

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:21 AM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTravelers View Post
Do you have any tips or suggestions for booking FPs for larger groups? We are taking some friends with us in early June. We will have about 8 or 10 in our group. They are basically first time visitors. With the summer heat we will be doing early morning park hours with FPs from about 9:30- 12:30 and returning to the room for mid day breaks then back to the parks at about 4pm to 5 pm for the late afternoon / evenings. Ive never booked FPs for this many. Are there any pitfalls or tips I need to know? Should we break into groups of 4 for booking FPs for the 3 we book in advance or for the ones after we use the first 3 FPs?

I have limited experience with groups that size but really had no issue booking at 60 days when we've had them (9 has been the max so far) so I wouldn't worry about having to split it up then. It helps to try smaller groups for the 4th FP and so on if you can't get for the entire group although it also varies by park with MK being easier for the larger groups just like it's easier to book the additional FP's. I'd still start with the large group number and see what was available and then switch to smaller groups if nothing you'd want is coming up.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:18 AM   #3
Micah008
Grand Villa

You should be fine for most things at 60 days.

For the few "hard to get" ones like SDD, FoP, 7DMT, etc ... if you have issues you can try breaking your group into two groups of 4 or 5 people and you may find a little better availability (or availability a little earlier in the day). As long as your two groups overlap it will work great (something like 9:15-10:15 and 9:25-10:25). You could even go to smaller groups of 2 or 3 people... but it can start getting messy to keep track of.

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas, Riviera Resort, and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV/CCV; Oct '20 DRR;
Micah008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:31 AM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

In advance you should be okay. We at least were in the past. You may need to for harder to get ones. This also depends on how many days you are going. More days give you better chances of big ones.

For returning in the afternoon, you may want to split.

Then again with that many I suggest you do not try to do everything together all the time anyway
Old 02-13-2020, 01:54 PM   #5
Doug Disney
One Bedroom

I just got back from MLK week booking FPs anywhere from 14-19 people. Except for SDD, which was still afternoon on Day 6 (and may not be this way for you with new tiering) I had no issues getting large group fastpasses for my trip.

As for getting some after using 3, it was very random, but usually we would try for smaller groups, 4-6 people.

FP1 FP2 FP3
Day 1 none
Day 2 Jcruise 9:10 PotC 10:25 BTMRR 11:25am
Day 3 Everest 1:55 Safari 2:55 FoP 5:15
Day 4 Space Mtn 9:15 Peter Pan 10:20 Mine Train 11:20
Day 5 Spaceship Earth 10:10 Land 11:10 Soarin 1:05
Day 6 Star Tours 10:15 Frozen Sing 1:00 Slinky Dog 2:00
Day 7 Land 9:10 Nemo 10:10 Frozen 11:10
Day 8 FoP 9:55 Safari 11:05 1:25 Animation Experience
Doug Disney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 05:41 PM   #6
Jcsquirrel
Two Bedroom

Default big groups

For most things it will be easy, just pick the members for a ride and boom. With the variety of rides you might also want to split paries up and that also works fine just pick the people for the ride, remember 3 maximum per person.

The suggestion I"d give is for the tougher rides book in groups of 3-5 then try to modify the times till you have the party at close to the same time.

We found with big groups you often have two groups the thrill riders and the I'll take it a bit slower group.

For 4-10 FP at the park, I would avoid trying to get groups of 10 or more. Break into small parties. You can still modify. I think it is better that 5 get Everest and 6 get Safari then every one does Bugs life.
Jcsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote