home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #641
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsweeney View Post
Happy Monday all! DW and I had a big day yesterday - 2 weddings 3 hours apart One of my groomsmen got married nearby us at 1130, and after brunch, we hopped in the car and drove 3 hours towards Austin for one of DW's friends weddings got home around 11, and took today off as my recovery day. Probably the first true happy Monday I've had in a while

Kelly, sorry about the Leafs..you really don't expect to go in to OT every game and lose almost every one, but at least they put up a great fight!

Sorry about the Pacers Karl. Hopefully they make the choice to bring some good talent in and convince George to stay.

I'm a little behind on posts, but thumbs up for NFL schedules being released! Looks like the Bills will suck again this year..

Julie - so glad to hear no lasting damage for DS and no major damage to the wall or flower bed.

Wow, busy day indeed, Jimmy. Hope you enjoyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne View Post
And it's totalled for the win! If you can call that a win. Insurance company is not even going to send the appraiser because the auto body place says it's totalled. We're doing some kind of expedited towing program where they come get it & tow it to one of their facilities. Appraiser will look at it there & then we'll get a quote for how much they'll give us. Taking DS to the pediatrician at 3:00 just for a check to make sure no concussion. He does have a little neck pain but I'm not surprised about that.

Always something.

Two weddings in one day?! That's a long expensive day.

Ouch. Sorry, Julie, even if expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post
Sorry about the car Julie. How is older DS taking it?

I spent 4 hours this morning reconciling something that another person couldn't figure out. My brain is mush at this point. I think I have given up working for the day.

Ugh, been there. Sorry, Kelly.

Quote:
Two weddings in one day...that is a lot. We had a graduation and a wedding on the same day....my DH's grad and his cousin's wedding. We missed the wedding part...came to the reception.

I don't feel sorry for the Leafs, they played great all year. Their fav thing to do was to blow leads in the third and lose in OT. So, it isn't surprising. The fact that this city even had hope that they might pull it out was excitement enough. Can't imagine the pressure they will be under next year. It wasn't expected they would even make the playoffs this year, so they were playing with house money and gaining experience. Now....if the Raptors would pull it out tonight, it will keep the attention off of the pathetic Jays

Congratulations to your Raptors. Impressive win tonight.

Howdy Mike. Howdy everyone else.
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM   #642
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Experience taliking?
Indeed. I lost a Tahoe in Superstorm Sandy. Kelly Blue Book had it at around $13,500. Problem was when you tried to find a car with similar features and mileage, you couldn't find one for less than 15,500 within 100 miles of us. Geico handed over a check for $15,700. I didn't have to fight, Geico is awesome. But recently I had a friend total a car and fought and fought for about 2 weeks, wound up with about $1500 more than they originally came to him with.

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM   #643
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

Julie - sorry about the car. Hope DS checked out ok at the pediatrician this afternoon.

Kelly - sorry about the Leafs. 5 out of 6 games in OT?! That's crazy! ....also sorry about work today.

Jimmy - you did have a crazy day with 2 weddings that far apart!! Glad to hear the day went smoothly for you. Hope you enjoyed your day off.

Mike - good advice about the car/insurance.

Hi Brian and Karl!

Same ol' story from me - different day........DD had another game today. They mercied this team too, 8-0. DD had 2 goals and 2 assists!! Another game tomorrow against their school rival - which is also where her boyfriend goes to school. Should be fun.

DS is officially out of his dorm and home for the summer. This will be a fun adjustment period....but I'm happy to have him home. He is taking his girlfriend to her prom this Friday. We get to go tomorrow to have him try the tux on. I ordered it based on measurements he had done in Ann Arbor.....so wish us luck on the fit.

I will hit the gym tomorrow for a workout. While I'm there I will be buying DS a 4 month gym membership for his birthday, which was 2 weeks ago.

Going to hit they hay.....Monday is over!

ME DH DS18 DD16

Last edited by disneymomof2; Yesterday at 11:03 PM.
disneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM   #644
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quick funny story. Somewhere around 7 or 8 years ago I stumbled across custom made college fire pits. They were able to make a San Diego State one that come out beautiful. I forget the price but probably around $300. They are made by Patina, really nice pieces. The old one gave us many years but a leg recently rusted off. I had some Amazon GC's so I looked up Patina. They go for anywhere between $200-$300 for already made schools and some other designs. Today I am surfing around Amazon and they have a Montana State Bobcat one for $92. I'll take it I know nothing about Montana State, no connections, no ties. But I did have enough GC money to pay in full. Guess I am now a Montana State Bobcat. I guess they weren't big sellers

I mean really, who would stock a Montana State firepit. My guess is if you want to have a fire in Montana there is enough open space to not worry about a pit

Here she is, go Bobcats:

Last edited by Fmer55; Yesterday at 11:22 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM   #645
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Now I started thinking, can it be true? I just went back to the order and sure enough it says: Condition. New

Then clicked on it to buy it again......$245 now. I feel like the Burger King commercial. OH MAN SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET FIRED.

Last edited by Fmer55; Yesterday at 11:23 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM   #646
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmer55 View Post
Here she is, go Bobcats:

Great story. Would be cool if the 'Montana State' part could be covered up somehow.... DDs high school mascot is the Bobcats

ME DH DS18 DD16
disneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM   #647
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
Great story. Would be cool if the 'Montana State' part could be covered up somehow.... DDs high school mascot is the Bobcats
Now way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........I can't wait to tell the story, or maybe enroll online to complete the story

Old Today, 02:04 AM   #648
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Pam, congratulations on another soccer victory for your daughter! Hope your son enjoys prom.

Mike, great story. $92 as opposed to $200-$300? Wow. Go Bobcats!
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote