home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-23-2017, 07:35 PM   #81
disneyteach
One Bedroom

I've been following along with your TR and didn't even realize you were from Ohio until you mentioned Schmidts! Sounds like you guys had a great time at Disney. Enjoy your trip to Universal!
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:16 PM   #82
helenabear
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaB24 View Post
I had moved a dining reservation around, and we decided to try Biergarten. Typical German fare, pretty on par with Schmidt's Sausage Haus which is a favorite of ours.
Do you ever go to the fudge house next door? We know the owner Tim. He is just awesome! So if you haven't been go next door, it's so worth it!

Loving the TR so far. The picture on Splash just cracked me up!
Old 04-23-2017, 08:39 PM   #83
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Still enjoying immensely. Glad to help with the FMER touring plan, it has never failed us, going left you can even add in Jungle Cruise and HM before using a FP

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:11 PM   #84
mustinjourney
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmer55 View Post
Still enjoying immensely. Glad to help with the FMER touring plan, it has never failed us, going left you can even add in Jungle Cruise and HM before using a FP
I'm usually pretty good at this -- but what is FMER?
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:17 PM   #85
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
I'm usually pretty good at this -- but what is FMER?
My MO name. Fmer55

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:24 PM   #86
MamaB24
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Do you ever go to the fudge house next door? We know the owner Tim. He is just awesome! So if you haven't been go next door, it's so worth it!

Loving the TR so far. The picture on Splash just cracked me up!
We have walked by but never stopped in. I will definitely put it on the list! I'm not working downtown anymore, so our trips are a bit farther apart...but I look forward to Schmidt's every time.

Quote:
It worked well! We hit all but JC before our first FP, including the start of the scavenger hunt. It keeps me away from the crowds rushing to Fantasyland which is always a plus for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
I've been following along with your TR and didn't even realize you were from Ohio until you mentioned Schmidts! Sounds like you guys had a great time at Disney. Enjoy your trip to Universal!
Thanks! We will/did!

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:38 PM   #87
MamaB24
Studio

Default Universal: Two Days into One Report

Our next part of this TR is at Universal. We have annual passes here as well, and we were really looking forward to a couple of days in HP without the kids. We love coming here as a family, but it can get difficult with four kids running to do different spells. Our last visit was at Christmas, and it is a memory (at least the last day) I would like to forget. I really think Disney handles the larger crowds so much better because there is so much more space and the overall theming keeps you in the bubble, despite people.
With our APs, we have early access to the parks and decided to use it both days. The early park all week is IoA, so Hogsmeade it is.

Our first morning, DH and I were both “chosen” at Ollivander’s (read, “We can sell two wands instead of one!”) which was just fine with us. We had both wanted a wand of our own on this trip. It capped off the scavenger hunt surprise quite well for DH, who used his Gringotts money to pay for it.

Most of our days were spent in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade just playing around.

We ventured out to ride Hulk (DH only), Spider Man, The Mummy, Poseidon, some whimsical Seuss rides, and MIB. We tried Shrek for the first time. Skull Island was too long of a wait, even with our express passes later in the day, so we skipped it for this trip. We will give it a go in June. I have to admit that sometimes motion sickness gets the better of me, thus why I have not returned to ride the Forbidden Journey. Some wonderful person out in google land posted a “vomit factor” if you will for those of us so afflicted for all the rides at Universal. It was very helpful for me. This is the first trip I have actually ridden Spider Man (DH warned me when to close my eyes).

We also ate at the Chocolate Emporium and Mythos. Of the two, Mythos wins hands down. I had heard so many cool things about the Chocolate Emporium, but I have to say the meal was mediocre at best. Dessert was good, and I would probably return to try another shake, but I have no desire to try a meal again.

Some sort of Brookie Cookie Dessert...a.k.a. Insulin Resistance in a bowl...

Mythos, on the other hand, I thought was a great little sit down in the middle of IoA.

View from our table:

Blue Margarita and Potion of the Gods:

Lamb meatballs:

Pad Thai:

The price was not bad, and our discount is always nice to have just like the AP and DVC discounts. I think it's 15% at Universal, on most food but not on alcohol.

The plan for tomorrow is to head to Universal for the early morning hours, and DH and I decided we needed one last bit of Disney before we leave. We made some FPs for Hollywood Studios tomorrow afternoon as well as an ADR at Kona. We will see how it goes!

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM   #88
helenabear
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaB24 View Post
We have walked by but never stopped in. I will definitely put it on the list! I'm not working downtown anymore, so our trips are a bit farther apart...but I look forward to Schmidt's every time.
Definitely worth a stop in! If Tim is in, well he is hilarious and so friendly. We love him and his family to pieces. We know him through church and they are just so kind and giving. They did the wedding favors for a friend's wedding - so good!

Love the Universal portion of it. I noticed too that the flow isn't great for traffic there.

Btw what is the FMER touring plan method?
Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM   #89
mustinjourney
One Bedroom

Quote:
My MO name. Fmer55
Hahaha. I wasn't even paying attention to who was saying what. Now it's so obvious!
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #90
swat08
Studio

Love the Disney Magic you were lucky enough to get at BOG breakfast!! Very cool. Still loving your trip report - thanks for taking the time to do it!
swat08 is offline   Reply With Quote