home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 11:12 PM   #211
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingirls View Post
I hate how many bus stops there were I always remember I had to stand and no matter what it seemed like we went to a crazy number of stops...I hate buses...major reason we bought at BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Oh I remember that too. I've done PO (both) an CSR and I don't remember them as bad. Same with OKW and SSR. I just hated those buses. I think I pretty much hated almost everything except the boats they had (they were round tubular - slower than water mice) but that was it.
Great point. You win about the buses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
I used to love the food court at CBR. It was the first resort I stayed at with the children on property.
And even my picky eater managed to survive for a week there! Well, actually, 10 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
I stayed at CBR several times many years ago. Always in Jamaica 44-45 bldg and found it very convenient to Old Port Royale where everything is.

In a way, I'm surprised I went back because the first time when we were dropped off at the Check In building, all they told us was to wait for a special bus. I told them we could walk it because we always just take wheeled carry-ons and they said it was much too far. (no it was not) I remember waiting outside in 95 degree heat for 40 minutes waiting for a special bus to come by (that's all we were told..."a special bus"). I was hot and not happy and started complaining and suddenly a golf cart appeared and took us to Jamaica. I thought it was poor communication to someone who had never been there.

I'm glad I gave it another chance because I liked the vibe there as I felt like I was on 'vacation'. I also liked the Food Court and the nice size Gift Shop area.

Only thing I don't miss is the bus 'making the rounds'.
I can't remember which building we stayed in, but it was one of the pirate themed rooms if that helps. We did sort of feel like we had fallen off of the end of the world since it was so far to the gift shop/food court. But I really loved the overall vibe.