home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 07:28 AM   #141
helenabear
Grand Villa

I agree, I like that here we have conversations and all are welcome to put their 2 cents in. I don't see a popularity here as a whole that I've seen elsewhere and not much of people replying just to show they know what they are talking about.

It's like being around real people, not a bunch of "I go to Disney so much I know it all" that I see many places. We share experiences and opinions. Not a bunch of canned responses - which IMO are bad for a place like Disney because things always change and experiences will because of that. Just look at MK's security. What people see now is different than what I saw in March which is worlds different from what others saw in February or January. Life changes and Disney is definitely one that does!
Old 04-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #142
Loro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
One of the things I like about MouseOwners is that while there are popular posters, there really isn't a cult of personality. Other sites tend to have either posters who become the center of attention in nearly every thread, or founders over whom everybody fawns.

Here, it really is about the conversation and being ourselves, for good and for bad. Just like real life.

And, while one wants a site to be visually appealing and easy to use, how many bells and whistles does one really need to have a conversation? If you need the bells and whistles, you don't have the conversation.

Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
Very well said.
Mouseowners is about sharing in real time. Not a bunch of flashing stickies with canned responses. Many of us that visit WDW often know the environment is fluid and there are many variables that don't guarantee a like experience.
So we post and share and everyone gets a personal decision and experience.
I felt there were some that wanted to take the personal out of the site and be the authority or be right. Being right became more important then the conversation.
And trying to sort thru stickies and long threads when you just want to know the current state of something at WDW is not efficient. If i want a guide book there are plenty out there. MO is about sharing today.
That is why I am here everyday and not on those other sites.
And even the so called experts get info wrong, but they have built a reputation on being right and defend that vigorously and wrong info is not helpful to anyone regardless of the source.
I like that I can be myself, I don't have to be the authority or end all to be all, the moral compass, the mole, the sympathizer, the defender, or the descension.
I can be all of them or none of them, I can be me.
I try to give as much as I get from this site.
MO truly is 1 of a kind and I have enough stuff flashing and beeping at me throughout the day. I like the steak, not the sizzle.

I still remember when I first came here asking for advice for our upcoming honeymoon back in 2014. The suggestions and genuine interest/caring about what someone new to the boards was asking about was a welcome that I have experienced in very few places in my lifetime online or otherwise.

I've been hooked ever since. I've looked at other boards. Some are shiny, some have "technology", some have a lot of neat info.

None of them have the community of MouseOwners.
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:53 AM   #143
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loro View Post

This is why I like it here best.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:22 AM   #144
It's Me
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
One of the things I like about MouseOwners is that while there are popular posters, there really isn't a cult of personality. Other sites tend to have either posters who become the center of attention in nearly every thread, or founders over whom everybody fawns.

Here, it really is about the conversation and being ourselves, for good and for bad. Just like real life.

And, while one wants a site to be visually appealing and easy to use, how many bells and whistles does one really need to have a conversation? If you need the bells and whistles, you don't have the conversation.

Dirk
Totally agree. Most other sites feel as if there are cliques. While here, many of you personally know one another, for those of us that don't personally know you all, it doesn't make us feel any less "worthy" of posting. I rarely posted on the other sites because of the clique mentality. Here I don't get that at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loro View Post

I still remember when I first came here asking for advice for our upcoming honeymoon back in 2014. The suggestions and genuine interest/caring about what someone new to the boards was asking about was a welcome that I have experienced in very few places in my lifetime online or otherwise.

I've been hooked ever since. I've looked at other boards. Some are shiny, some have "technology", some have a lot of neat info.

This right here. MO has a community feel - you nailed it

NOTC4
It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:07 PM   #145
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

i, for one, was totally relieved that mo's software "upgrade" never came to fruition. for me, coming to to mo (as is) is like coming home.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Skip, Rose, Joey, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:36 PM   #146
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
i, for one, was totally relieved that mo's software "upgrade" never came to fruition. for me, coming to to mo (as is) is like coming home.
I hate change. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:43 PM   #147
helenabear
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
I hate change. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
I thought the new software wasn't bad at all. Wasn't too different but added a feature I like "the like button" I'm a facebook person though