home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-07-2018, 10:43 PM   #31
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Cant figure out how to upload video...will keep working on it.

solo picture from today...

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV before Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon Oct 14-15 at HHI and Dec 19-23 at BWV
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS and May???
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:26 PM   #32
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Thursday, March 8...

DD woke me at 7am with a text. So we got up and got dressed. We headed off to watch their 9am softball game. They lost again by just 1 run. We hung with DDs for the 20 minutes they allow us to have. Then DH and I left to do HS with the in laws.

DH and I walked over to HS and stopped at the Taphouse for lunch. SIL and Niece ate at ABC. BIL arrived after a work call and they all joined us at the Taphouse so BIL could get a bite to eat. We then did our FP at TSM. I had lowest score as usual. Then we walked through some Disney museum type thing to see the plans for Toy Story Land. We walked in Launch Bay where I bought some stuff. Then we walked on Star Tours as it was only a 15 minute wait and our FP was about an hour off and we didn't want to sit around for that. Afterwards we walked back to HS.

It was chilly and windy today, much like our NYE trip. We were all bundled up. DH and I went back to the room where I updated my mom on the girls' softball stuff. Meanwhile DDs had played another game, 8th one down here, and finally got another win. They then had to go back to their resort to get all the uniforms washing and shower up. We were allowed to pick them up for dinner but they had to be back by 7:45.

We made resies at Biergarden for 6:15. It was a mad rush...to pick them up and drive back to BWV to park and walk over to Biergarten and then we didn't get seated until 6:35 and then a sprint back over to BWV parking lot and a speedy drive back to their resort. We were pulling in at 7:50, 5 minutes late, when they got a text from coach that they had until 8:15. Anyway, dinner at Biergarten was meh. We were seated down at the floor and people let their little kids run all around down there. We were also at the end by a water feature thing and a mob of kids were playing in the water right next to DD's seat. It was chaos. And the buffet is a bit chaotic with some folks standing in front of food slowly deciding and taking forever on top of folks that just cut in line. I think maybe we will only do in park TS places for lunch from now on.

After dropping DDs off we just went back to our room for the night. It is super cold out to be walking around and we have had a long day plus another early, 9am, game tomorrow. They play last game at 11:15 and then head to airport. DH and I will meet up with in laws to do AK FP and dinner at Tiffins.

1st base DD

LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV before Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon Oct 14-15 at HHI and Dec 19-23 at BWV

Last edited by Lamima; 03-10-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:29 PM   #33
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Friday, March 9...
Got up at 6:50. Showered and headed to DDs' softball games. It was chilly again. Sigh.

Watched two back to back games. They lost the first one by one run again. The second, and final, game they won by run rule in 5th inning...9 to 1. We chatted with and said bye to our DDs. They went off to shower, at their resort pool, and then head to airport. DH and I went back to BWV.

We parked and then walked down to Big River for lunch. We ate and then went to the room to reboot, before heading off to AK. After a bit, we went down and grabbed bus to AK. We went in ans walked towards EE, stopping to grab drinks at Y&Y CS. We sat in front of EE and drank our drinks while waiting for in laws to arrive.

We had all gotten an email that our 7:30 FP for FoP had been cancelled and we could just walk up to FP line anytime from 7:30 tonight to park close on 3/11. SIL went to GS to get paper FP replacements???? They didnt get paper but got anytime FP for us all. We had dinner at 5:50 and had made FoP FP for after dinner. But niece and her BF were with us and they were heading back to U of Tampa tonight so I figured they wanted to eat and head off to go back to school to have a fun final weekend to their spring break. So we did our EE FP, then Safari and then FoP before dinner.

Dinner was really good. Seated right away. Good drinks and food. Afterwards we went right back to BWV. DH and I went to in laws room. We opened a bottle of wine and chatted. We left around 9:30 and headed back to our room. Off to bed now. Up early..ish...tomorrow and 9 hour drive back home.

Outfield DD

DH and I in front row

LAURA's next trip(s):

Last edited by Lamima; 03-10-2018 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:13 AM   #34
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Have a safe drive back. Sounds like an enjoyable trip to me. Thanks for sharing.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 05:55 AM   #35
MMC1
Grand Villa

Thanks for a different trip report and for including pics.
I hope the team had fun too.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:16 AM   #36
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Slept in a little later than planned and got on road around 8.50. In route 4 traffic now. Uggghhh.

Girls got back to their dorm around 2.40 am. They resume classes and softball on Monday.

Thanks for following along. Will be booking DVC rooms for this for next year in about 3 weeks. Now I know better how to plan. Won't book many ADRs or FP and will just wing it. The team always has Wed off so I will book stuff for that day knowing they have to be back by 7.

LAURA's next trip(s):

Last edited by Lamima; 03-10-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:21 AM   #37
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Really enjoyed your TR! Can't wait for next year .
babysimba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 02:59 PM   #38
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

Thoroughly enjoy your Trip Reports and this one was no exception.

You have an extremely busy life schedule whether at Disney or at home and seem to accomplish so much. What an inspiration.

I remember those days, even though I only had 2 DD's, now grown and both Disney lovers (I did good).

I was at BWV during some of your days. Our room was way at the end of a corridor and it was just fine. Easy to walk to HS and very quiet. Been in that area twice and it worked out well.

I had been to the Wave for a good breakfast and this time went for lunch one day and dinner the next. Had great meals and it's become a favorite.

We also went to Ale & Compass for the first time. Liked it so much for lunch we went back for dinner the following day. (I guess I develop patterns...ha)

We did a split stay at BWV and BLT so I smiled when you said that is on your agenda. Worked out so well with those two, even though my Home Resorts are BCV/Poly.

Reading about your family adventures is such a joy. Thanks.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:34 AM   #39
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
Really enjoyed your TR! Can't wait for next year .
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
Thoroughly enjoy your Trip Reports and this one was no exception.

You have an extremely busy life schedule whether at Disney or at home and seem to accomplish so much. What an inspiration.

I remember those days, even though I only had 2 DD's, now grown and both Disney lovers (I did good).

I was at BWV during some of your days. Our room was way at the end of a corridor and it was just fine. Easy to walk to HS and very quiet. Been in that area twice and it worked out well.

I had been to the Wave for a good breakfast and this time went for lunch one day and dinner the next. Had great meals and it's become a favorite.

We also went to Ale & Compass for the first time. Liked it so much for lunch we went back for dinner the following day. (I guess I develop patterns...ha)

We did a split stay at BWV and BLT so I smiled when you said that is on your agenda. Worked out so well with those two, even though my Home Resorts are BCV/Poly.

Reading about your family adventures is such a joy. Thanks.
Thanks for the kind words! We never made it to our Ale and Compass ADR, cancelled it the night before in order to try more of the booths at F&G. I am sad we missed it and hope to get there soon. We also cancelled our Flying Fish, which we had also never been to before. The Wave...definitely is a hidden gem.

LAURA's next trip(s):