home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-17-2018, 03:58 PM   #1
ricardo
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Price increases now reflected in re-sale?

Was just looking at the latest VGC resale contracts and noticed two that are going for $180/pp and $199/pp

So i guess this means that the price increase for direct purchase is now being reflected in resale too ..
ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:07 PM   #2
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Depends on whether people buy at that price or if they get taken on rofr...
Old 01-17-2018, 06:51 PM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

That's asking. Will there be buyers at that?

I'd skip VGC for that amount and it wouldn't take much thought to decide that.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:17 PM   #4
ricardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
That's asking. Will there be buyers at that?

I'd skip VGC for that amount and it wouldn't take much thought to decide that.
I think that once all the existing lower priced contracts clear through - the actual price of VGC will laregely depend on what disney ROFR begins taking in order to fill their pipeline for direct sales.

If disney starts taking VGC @ 160 to fill their direct sale pipeline @ 235 .. then resale prices will go above 160 .. -- you can adjust that price depending on where disney sets their ROFR baseline.

Alot of folks at MO would pass on those higher prices, but if you really have to have VGC i think that people will eventually pay what the market demands, in an economy that is rising and a product that has a propped up floor (through ROFR).
Old 01-17-2018, 07:20 PM   #5
ricardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
Depends on whether people buy at that price or if they get taken on rofr...
Are there current data tables on what disney is taking through ROFR for each resort (i know there are ROFR threads, but i'm lazy).

would be interesting to watch how some resorts rofr is affected through the first few months after the increase in direct pricing.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:25 PM   #6
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

I personally don't think ROFR has a lot to do with resale pricing. And unless there's some huge change in DVC directive they will never base ROFR on pricing only nor take everything. It will remain depending on what buyers will pay. For VGC it's unique as it's a tough sell because of all the other lodging possibilities right around DL. I love VGC but if I were buying now I'd not go a route of $200/pt for there.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:34 PM   #7
ricardo

Quote:
I personally don't think ROFR has a lot to do with resale pricing. And unless there's some huge change in DVC directive they will never base ROFR on pricing only nor take everything. It will remain depending on what buyers will pay. For VGC it's unique as it's a tough sell because of all the other lodging possibilities right around DL. I love VGC but if I were buying now I'd not go a route of $200/pt for there.
There has to be some price for which disney would rofr 100% of the time. and above that there is just a declining likelyhood of rofr being excercised.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:08 PM   #8
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
There has to be some price for which disney would rofr 100% of the time. and above that there is just a declining likelyhood of rofr being excercised.
Never have seen any indication of that.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:13 PM   #9
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
At these VGC resales prices, I will stay at the good neighbor hotels like Candy Cane Inn. I just can not justify these higher resales and direct prices. Not gonna pay $20 plus point for a rental either. These new direct prices might have now created a ceiling for rental and resales prices.

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:51 PM   #10
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
At these VGC resales prices, I will stay at the good neighbor hotels like Candy Cane Inn. I just can not justify these higher resales and direct prices. Not gonna pay $20 plus point for a rental either. These new direct prices might have now created a ceiling for rental and resales prices.
During Christmas I did see price jump in other hotels as well. If cash price goes up, rental will follow.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote