home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-03-2018, 12:24 PM   #1
ResalesDVC
TRUSTED BOARD SPONSOR!!

Default DVC Fixed Weeks for RunDisney Events

Just saw this on the Disney Parks blog. You can now purchase a fixed week at Copper Creek for one of the WDW race weekends:https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...undisney-fans/
Kristen Tutas, Lic. Sales Associate
Rachel Thompson, Lic. Broker Associate
Meet Our Team

ResalesDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:07 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

That's a very nice option for runners.

But what about when they end up ending a race? DL has nothing anymore - ostensibly during construction but nothing from Disney that they will be coming back.

And races like Star Wars are pretty new. It is a unique marketing angle for a certain group. Very nice that it will float with the race week and you get guaranteed registrations for up to 5.

I'd guess that CCV has the same restrictions of selling no more than 30 some percent for any fixed week and they seem to have restricted it to a much lower number than that, likely because there were a couple of weeks in early December that seemed to have uber demand and others much, much less. So it may be a very, very limited number of people that will be able to purchase this.

Some out of the box thinking on this offer though!
Old 01-03-2018, 01:38 PM   #3
Breyean
Two Bedroom

What constitutes a week? I mean, form what day of the week to what day of the next week?

For these races, we like to get there a couple of days early to do the expo and then relax, and then stay a few days into the following week to do the parks.

For the Jan races, don't they start on Thursday now for the 5K, the 10k on Friday, 1/2 marathon on Saturday and Marathon on Sunday? Does a fixed week for the races take this into account?
Old 01-03-2018, 01:40 PM   #4
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
What constitutes a week? I mean, form what day of the week to what day of the next week?

For these races, we like to get there a couple of days early to do the expo and then relax, and then stay a few days into the following week to do the parks.

For the Jan races, don't they start on Thursday now for the 5K, the 10k on Friday, 1/2 marathon on Saturday and Marathon on Sunday? Does a fixed week for the races take this into account?
With DVC, fixed weeks are Sunday to Sunday.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:43 PM   #5
Breyean
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
With DVC, fixed weeks are Sunday to Sunday.
I know that. I was wondering whether they were changing it for this offer, since with race weekends having the main race on Sunday, really early, and other races the day or days before, the Sun - Sun time frame simply doesn't make sense.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #6
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I know that. I was wondering whether they were changing it for this offer, since with race weekends having the main race on Sunday, really early, and other races the day or days before, the Sun - Sun time frame simply doesn't make sense.
I think it's unlikely that DVC would change what they consider a fixed week just for this.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:56 PM   #7
Breyean
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
I think it's unlikely that DVC would change what they consider a fixed week just for this.
I agree.

Plus the timing is weird. Just a few years ago you had to register for most races as soon as Disney opened them for sign up. Lots of angst as the registration system got overwhelmed.

Now, races might still sell out, but not all of them, and when they do it's pretty much right before the race date.

Seems this idea is about 10 years too late, and as I've said, really doesn't work if they stick to the Sun-Sun fixed dates.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:07 PM   #8
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I agree.

Plus the timing is weird. Just a few years ago you had to register for most races as soon as Disney opened them for sign up. Lots of angst as the registration system got overwhelmed.

Now, races might still sell out, but not all of them, and when they do it's pretty much right before the race date.

Seems this idea is about 10 years too late, and as I've said, really doesn't work if they stick to the Sun-Sun fixed dates.
It depends. Our group tends to leave on Sunday. All that back to work and such nonsense. That did cross my mind though but you could of course add on some additional points to stay a day or two later.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:10 PM   #9
Breyean
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
It depends. Our group tends to leave on Sunday. All that back to work and such nonsense. That did cross my mind though but you could of course add on some additional points to stay a day or two later.
Heck, after the marathon and being dragged around EPCOT right afterward by my family, I was ready to sleep for days, nevermind check out.

But, when do you CHECK IN before a race? Surely not on a Sunday? You need at least an extra day to hit the expo since I don't recall them ever offering same day race packet pickups, and if they did, with the early hour these races start now, that w/b basically Saturday night anyway!
Old 01-03-2018, 02:15 PM   #10
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Heck, after the marathon and being dragged around EPCOT right afterward by my family, I was ready to sleep for days, nevermind check out.

But, when do you CHECK IN before a race? Surely not on a Sunday? You need at least an extra day to hit the expo since I don't recall them ever offering same day race packet pickups, and if they did, with the early hour these races start now, that w/b basically Saturday night anyway!
The check in for this would be the Sunday prior to the race weekend. Check out the day of the half or the full. But we also don't arrive on Sunday - usually Wed or Thursday. It's not a product we would buy. But I'd guess some people do this. It's probably good it won't be appealing to all as it has to be a fairly limited number of weeks they have to sell.