home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-01-2017, 10:44 PM   #11
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Does sound like a wonderful opportunity for those who can attend.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:40 PM   #12
Jedimom3
Two Bedroom

That does sound really cool for fans who can make it. I just looked him up to see what Disney movies he'd been in, I knew he was a few oldies, but I didn't realize just how many. Plus I forgot Miracle was Disney. DS loves that movie, and it's a great story.
I am a fan of the Escape from New York and Overboard era, plus he was good in GOTG2.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:50 AM   #13
PolyGirl
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Noooooooooo!! LOVE Kurt Russell! He's always been one of my all time favorites. Won't be there till Easter 2018 We'll also be back for Christmas 2018, really hoping he'll be there again next year?
PolyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 01:00 AM   #14
PolyGirl
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

How did you get informed about this?
PolyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 02:40 AM   #15
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyGirl View Post
How did you get informed about this?

The article is on the Disney Parks Blog.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:55 AM   #16
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
He showed up at California Adventure this year (?) for DCA's version of Food & Wine. Apparently he owns a winery (?) and appeared as a speaker.

Maybe you can get another chance next spring (DCA F&W)?

Edited to find a story link: https://d23.com/exclusive-kurt-russe...-galaxy-vol-2/
He owns a label called Gogi which he makes at a winery called Ampelos Cellars in the Santa Rita Hills Ava just north of Santa Barbara. He is not just an owner but is very involved in all aspects of the product including the blending of Gogi wines. Peter & Rebecca Work (owners / winemakers of Ameplos) have been his mentor in producing his Pinot Noir and Chards. Ampelos is the first winery/ vineyard in the US to be certified Sustainability in Practice, Organic and Biodynamic.

We are members of the Gogi wine club and enjoy the wines very much. We have had the opportunity to meet Kurt, Peter and Rebecca at a several wine related events and besides making a pretty good wine they all seem to be a very down to earth good people.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:49 AM   #17
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyGirl View Post
Noooooooooo!! LOVE Kurt Russell! He's always been one of my all time favorites. Won't be there till Easter 2018 We'll also be back for Christmas 2018, really hoping he'll be there again next year?
Mine too! I was happy to see him back on the screen in GoG.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:51 AM   #18
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
That does sound really cool for fans who can make it. I just looked him up to see what Disney movies he'd been in, I knew he was a few oldies, but I didn't realize just how many. Plus I forgot Miracle was Disney. DS loves that movie, and it's a great story.
I am a fan of the Escape from New York and Overboard era, plus he was good in GOTG2.
Kurt has a long, long history with Disney and film credits that span a lifetime. And then there is the Goldie Hawn love story.....What's not to like?
Old 12-02-2017, 09:54 AM   #19
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypwm View Post
I'm honestly shocked that Kurt Russell is this big a deal to anyone anymore, but I hope those of you that want to attend get to do it!

I'm at WDW on the 10th. I wonder if I should get a ticket just to see how many questions I can get in about Escape From New York. Gotta try for at least two, just to address him as "Snake" and then "Mr. Plissken"
He is still way more relevant than those old movies. How about the little known movies like Hateful Eight and Guardians of the Galaxy 2. He continues to be a Disney legend although it is true that older generations probably hold him with more esteem than the younger ones.

I would have liked to go to the event but for the life of me, I can't imagine what I would say since the topics hold no personal interest for me. Paying to hang out with a star isn't my thing. If I held an interest in wine that would be a different matter entirely.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:56 AM   #20
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
The article is on the Disney Parks Blog.
Correct....And I saw it on my facebook feed from the Disney Blog.