home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-20-2017, 11:09 AM   #81
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR0929 View Post
I got a credit for my Poly points that I owned prior to 2017. The two resales I bought in 2017 did not have any credits posted.
Thanks for the reply. I wonder where the money went. Did Disney cut a check to the previous owner? It's not a lot of money, but I did pay the owner for the 2017 dues so it would seem like I am due the credit. I guess Disney has no way of knowing that, though.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:20 AM   #82
pdude81
Grand Villa

I bought direct during the year and I see a credit on my account based on dues paid but you have a legitimate gripe if your contract has you paying for 2017 dues.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:39 AM   #83
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

VGF is up $.4437 or a 7.8% increase. Seems high and I wonder about the driver there.

BWV is only up 1.14%
BCV is up about where I expected at 3.5%
SSR is also up more than I expected at 5.12%.

Is this taxes?

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:41 AM   #84
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
VGF is up $.4437 or a 7.8% increase. Seems high and I wonder about the driver there.

BWV is only up 1.14%
BCV is up about where I expected at 3.5%
SSR is also up more than I expected at 5.12%.

Is this taxes?
I'm only seeing a 24 cent increase at VGF and about 10 cents of it is taxes.

Last edited by pdude81; 12-20-2017 at 11:48 AM.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:00 PM   #85
LR0929
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
Thanks for the reply. I wonder where the money went. Did Disney cut a check to the previous owner? It's not a lot of money, but I did pay the owner for the 2017 dues so it would seem like I am due the credit. I guess Disney has no way of knowing that, though.
I'm wondering the same thing, but I didn't pay for any of the 2017 dues on the points that were included in the contracts. I would think Disney would know you paid the dues if it was submitted to ROFR as part of the terms of the purchase?
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:19 PM   #86
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I bought direct during the year and I see a credit on my account based on dues paid but you have a legitimate gripe if your contract has you paying for 2017 dues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR0929 View Post
I'm wondering the same thing, but I didn't pay for any of the 2017 dues on the points that were included in the contracts. I would think Disney would know you paid the dues if it was submitted to ROFR as part of the terms of the purchase?
Member Accounting had to call me back in order to answer, but I was told that it would've been credited back during the closing process. I said that I thought we closed before the previous year's taxes had been announced. He said that they know the numbers long before they're announced so even when we closed it would've been known.

However, I looked at my closing statement and the amount paid was the exact value that would've been charged originally (no money back based on the overestimated taxes). I'll have to talk with the broker (or title company?) and if they can't figure it out, then it's back to Disney. They did say that they money had to be distributed but it would go to the person who owned the contract and paid the dues originally. That they don't own it anymore seemed to be a bit of a conundrum for Disney.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:15 PM   #87
LR0929
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
Member Accounting had to call me back in order to answer, but I was told that it would've been credited back during the closing process. I said that I thought we closed before the previous year's taxes had been announced. He said that they know the numbers long before they're announced so even when we closed it would've been known.

However, I looked at my closing statement and the amount paid was the exact value that would've been charged originally (no money back based on the overestimated taxes). I'll have to talk with the broker (or title company?) and if they can't figure it out, then it's back to Disney. They did say that they money had to be distributed but it would go to the person who owned the contract and paid the dues originally. That they don't own it anymore seemed to be a bit of a conundrum for Disney.
Good to know. Thanks for the update and good luck getting it worked out! I'm curious to see who in the end makes it right for you.
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote