home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-03-2018, 04:01 PM   #11
bigbahamadada
Grand Villa

Not interested at all, but I wonder how this works with the Dark Side Half. While all the other races have been pretty consistently on the same week, the Dark Side schedule move around a lot, as the date for it move around a lot based on Easter break.

E.g. this year it's April 19-22; in 2019 it's April 4-8.
bigbahamadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:05 PM   #12
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbahamadada View Post
Not interested at all, but I wonder how this works with the Dark Side Half. While all the other races have been pretty consistently on the same week, the Dark Side schedule move around a lot, as the date for it move around a lot based on Easter break.

No traditional fixed week could work for any of the races I don't think. My take on it is it will move with the race schedule.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:17 PM   #13
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Itís definitely thinking outside the box. I find it interesting that the members would be guaranteed up to 5 slots, but the studios/1BR units only sleep 4 guests...
Old 01-03-2018, 07:47 PM   #14
Breyean
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbahamadada View Post

That was because of Easter, which changed quite a bit this year from last year.

A better question w/b what if they move a race to a totally different time of the year? For example, in DLR, Tink used to be in Jan the first few years, then they moved Tink to May (Mother's Day weekend) in order to make room for SW in the old Tink slot.

Then, of course, they did away with all of them, but still...
Old 02-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #15
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Updated information is available on the Guaranteed Event Week purchase option.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pro...lity-to-buyers

JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:25 PM   #16
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Boo. They get priority before 11 months to modify their week over other owners. Not stoked about this. But it won't effect me since I will never go during a race event again. And I don't own at CCV.

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- May 15-19 at HHI, Oct 5-6 at CCV before Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS and March 3-6 at BWV & 6-9 at ???
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #17
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Boo. They get priority before 11 months to modify their week over other owners. Not stoked about this. But it won't effect me since I will never go during a race event again. And I don't own at CCV.
But they are paying a 10% premium to do this. I think its fair that if they are paying more, then they should have more.

In the scheme of things, its really a good deal.

1 week at CCV, in a studio, first week in January, for the Marathon is 107 points.

Current pricing is $171 pp, so 107 x $171 = $18,297. So for an extra $1,830 they are locked into to their reservation and no point increases for that week.

I would pay the extra for that convenience.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:52 PM   #18
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
But they are paying a 10% premium to do this. I think its fair that if they are paying more, then they should have more.

In the scheme of things, its really a good deal.

1 week at CCV, in a studio, first week in January, for the Marathon is 107 points.

Current pricing is $171 pp, so 107 x $171 = $18,297. So for an extra $1,830 they are locked into to their reservation and no point increases for that week.

I would pay the extra for that convenience.
Not exactly. It doesn't cost 10% more, they have to buy 10% more points than the week would average if one just bought points. Once it's cancelled they get all 110% of the points so no extra cost if one works it correctly. It's a crazy way for DVC to do it. No particular gain for DVC but a penalty to other owners by allowing the priority.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:00 PM   #19
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Not exactly. It doesn't cost 10% more, they have to buy 10% more points than the week would average if one just bought points. Once it's cancelled they get all 110% of the points so no extra cost if one works it correctly. It's a crazy way for DVC to do it. No particular gain for DVC but a penalty to other owners by allowing the priority.
107 X 10% = 10.7 PTS (11)

11 X $171 = $1,881

I was off by $51 dollars, which still makes it a good deal.

And like you wrote, if they cancel, they get to use all 107 plus the 11 points.

Win Win in my eyes.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:05 PM   #20
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
The number of fixed weeks sold to date is miniscule. This applies across all resorts that have the fixed week option available.

JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote