home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 11-09-2018, 02:20 PM   #771
chunter
Two Bedroom
 
chunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 611
Default

If the Elon Musk underground tunnel is successful in LA, do you think Disney World would ever implement some?
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #772
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado
 
JaxFLBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 6,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
If the Elon Musk underground tunnel is successful in LA, do you think Disney World would ever implement some?
The high water table in FL makes building tunnels very difficult.
__________________
Michael

JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:19 PM   #773
Sephorin
Two Bedroom
 
Sephorin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 666
Default Fast Passes

My wife does not enjoy thrill rides, and I might not even be able to get her to go on Dumbo with my daughter. Right now I have fast passes for Space Mountain for everyone in my group except my wife. I got her a fast pass for Dumbo so that she can go with my daughter (who is under three).

If my wife decides not to go on Dumbo, is it okay if my wife and I switch magic bands so that I can use her fast pass? Is Disney okay with folks doing that?
Sephorin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:21 PM   #774
OldBean14
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: STL
Posts: 11
Default Aulani Gifts and Treats

Any recommendations for gifts and surprises selection at Aulani?
__________________
[SIGPIC]
OldBean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:25 PM   #775
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado
 
JaxFLBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 6,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
If my wife decides not to go on Dumbo, is it okay if my wife and I switch magic bands so that I can use her fast pass?
Disney could care less if you swap MBs before entering a FP+ return queue.
__________________
Michael

JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:21 AM   #776
ajc
Grand Villa
 
ajc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Waterford VA
Posts: 1,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
My wife does not enjoy thrill rides, and I might not even be able to get her to go on Dumbo with my daughter. Right now I have fast passes for Space Mountain for everyone in my group except my wife. I got her a fast pass for Dumbo so that she can go with my daughter (who is under three).

If my wife decides not to go on Dumbo, is it okay if my wife and I switch magic bands so that I can use her fast pass? Is Disney okay with folks doing that?
No problem ; we have done it for our family members.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:33 AM   #777
tink711
Add-on Aficionado
 
tink711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Disney could care less if you swap MBs before entering a FP+ return queue.


My husband and I have done this several times. I have asked CMs at the FP entrances every time (I donít want to be one of those people who pushes the rules, like challenging CMs to say something), and every time I have been told this is perfectly fine.
__________________

Always dreaming of my next visit ...





tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:57 AM   #778
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 482
Default

Has anyone ever bought one of the MagicBands that Disney sells, on the web page? Possible gift idea. Pretty easy / seamless with the linking to your account, etc?
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:17 AM   #779
Nickys
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
Has anyone ever bought one of the MagicBands that Disney sells, on the web page? Possible gift idea. Pretty easy / seamless with the linking to your account, etc?
Yes, Iíd love to. Only they wonít ship them to me. Same with the DVC resort luggage tags, my family really want them but they wonít ship them.

Just what damage the RFID chips can do in the post Iím not sure, given thereís no issue taking them on our flight!

And as for the luggage tags - words fail me, luggage tags that arenít allowed to be shipped internationally?
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:54 AM   #780
TexasChick
Grand Villa
 
TexasChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
Has anyone ever bought one of the MagicBands that Disney sells, on the web page? Possible gift idea. Pretty easy / seamless with the linking to your account, etc?
I recently did this. It is easy to link them in MDE for each person. I swore I would never buy one since they ship them for free, and then they came out with the nice-looking DVC one.
__________________
TexasChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software