home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-07-2018, 09:57 PM   #1
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Default Do Lyft coupons work for Minnie Vans?

I just got an email from Lyft with a coupon for 50% off of my next 10 weekday rides. Max value per ride is 10 bucks. Does anyone know if these coupons apply to the Minnie Van service? They use the Lyft app, so I thought it would be worthwhile to ask. TIA!
Old 11-08-2018, 07:28 AM   #2
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

We were just there in September. It was the first time we tried the Minnie Vans.
I had the sign up discount coupons for lyft. They did apply to the Minnie Van.

Very pleased with the whole experience! It is a little pricey, but we had 6 in our party.
In my mind, it was and felt worth it.
The discount helps!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:52 AM   #3
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudieHopps View Post
We were just there in September. It was the first time we tried the Minnie Vans.
I had the sign up discount coupons for lyft. They did apply to the Minnie Van.

Very pleased with the whole experience! It is a little pricey, but we had 6 in our party.
In my mind, it was and felt worth it.
The discount helps!
I was really hoping that someone had already tried this successfully! Thanks! We’ve used the Minnie Vans on two separate trips and found them to be very convenient. The price hurts a little with the recent increase, but a 10 dollar coupon will definitely help ease the pain! Did the app automatically apply the coupon and adjust the price?
Old 11-08-2018, 09:10 AM   #4
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

The way that I understand it is that the Minnie Vans are treated like any other Lyft driver (but more expensive). The charges are sent to Lyft by Disney; Lyft then bills your credit card (or whatever payment method you've chosen). Any discounts from Lyft would be applied by them since Disney is not involved in that part of the transaction.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:49 PM   #5
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I was really hoping that someone had already tried this successfully! Thanks! We’ve used the Minnie Vans on two separate trips and found them to be very convenient. The price hurts a little with the recent increase, but a 10 dollar coupon will definitely help ease the pain! Did the app automatically apply the coupon and adjust the price?
Yes, my discount was applied automatically.
I admit I was a bit challenged as this was my first time ever oredering any ride share.
Once I accepted the coupons and ordered the lyft/ Minnie van, the discount showed right up.
It adjusted the price in the app. Effortless.
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:53 AM   #6
awilliams4
Two Bedroom

Thanks for creating and thanks for answering the questions to all on this thread, good to know.
awilliams4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:52 AM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilliams4 View Post
Thanks for creating and thanks for answering the questions to all on this thread, good to know.
This is one of the many reasons I love MO! Everyone is so great to share information!