home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-18-2019, 04:49 PM   #101
got4boys
Studio

Default Reunion Station Game Day Food

Here is a video of the food from the Reunion Station Game Day DVC offering. They did add more food later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onKGGpTLTmc
got4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:16 PM   #102
Jawfish
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by got4boys View Post
They let you know a couple days in advance on what games they are showing. You can book it and if it is not your game, you can cancel.
That's good to know. Did they ask you what team you liked when you signed up? Wonder if they have all games available or only the televised ones (which you could watch anywhere).

1971 Offsite
1987 Offsite
1995 Offsite
1999 Offsite
2010 Fort Wilderness
2012 Fort Wilderness
2014 DAAR (May)
2015 Became DVC Owners
2015 PVB (Oct - 1st DVC Trip)
2016 PVB (May - Honeymoon)
2017 BLT (May - Pandora Preview)
2017 AK / PVB (Nov)
2018 PVB (Sep)
2018 Offsite (Dec)
2019 Offsite (May)
2019 SSR (Aug - SW:GE Preview)
2019 PVB (Sep)

2019 DL Cali Offsite (Oct)
2019 PVB (Dec)
2020 PVB (May)
Jawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:25 AM   #103
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Here is a video of the food from the Reunion Station Game Day DVC offering. They did add more food later.

Thanks for sharing.....
Old 09-19-2019, 09:32 AM   #104
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Quote:

Thank you for sharing!

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:14 AM   #105
PHILSFAN77
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post
Which is how it works for you and your SO for how you eat and drink.

Which is not the same as us. In general I don't drink. And even if I did I certainly wouldn't have two drinks. And we often split entrees. The value isn't there for everyone.

It's also about what food is being offered and if you are interested in the offerings. Chili and sliders? BLT's and turkey sandwiches? Cookies and cupcakes? Not what I would call "delectable."

I'd rather have a salmon salad and an iced tea for less as Geyser Point.

Exactly the point, your comment was directed at the the value and it's not there for you...I simply was commenting on why it would be there for other people. You're making an apples and oranges comparison on something (you don't drink, while discussing an offering that is based around having a few drinks included in the cost), where I made an apples to apples comparison. The food they are offering is typical "football" food, that is coming right off the geyser point menu and territory lounge menu (seems like a mashup of offerings from both places).
PHILSFAN77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:24 AM   #106
PHILSFAN77
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
This was a surprise for my spouse. They did only show two games at 1:00 and one game at 4:00. I thought he would be upset, but he really did like it. His team was not shown. (He is used to that due to where we live). I booked another one later in the year (before we attended this event) and asked him whether we should cancel afterward and he said no.

It was very lightly attended. There was only another couple other than us. Originally they had more people sign up, but once they found out what games were on, they cancelled.

It is decorated all football themed. Signed footballs, helmets, and jerseys. Capacity of Reunion resort is 50.

We did speak to the cast members and they did understand the challenges of not offering more games, and they are working on it. There were three TVs set up, currently.

You can come and go as you please during the whole time - It is open from 12:30 to 8:00 p.m. You need to show your Blue DVC card when you check in and you get a wrist band. This allows you to come and go during the whole time. You could pop in the beginning, watch a quarter or two, head to the parks for a couple of hours, do your fast passes, and come back later on. Reunion Station does have their own restroom.

We ended up watching the early game (it poured on and off that time) and worked with our schedule and left.

Although it was light snacks, yes there is enough food that you can make a meal or two out of it. You get two drink coupons and there is unlimited ice tea and spa water. Note, we only ended up drinking two alcoholic drinks.

Selection on drinks are limited. Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke, Assorted Juices. There are featured cocktails - Blueberry lemonade and Captain Mai Tai. Beer in bottles - Bud, Yuengling, Blue Moon, High Stepper IPA, Corona Light. Wine - H3 Merlot, Borne of Fire Cabernet Sauvignon and 14 Hands Chardonnay.

Snacks included BLT, Smoked Turkey, Cucumber Pita Sandwiches, Teriyaki Wings, Three Bean Angus Beef Chili, Beef Sliders, Vegetable tray, Homemade Chips, Cookies, and Cupcakes. Food is refilled when gone. They are very proud of what they make and present. Lots of pictures were taken by the chef and the staff.

These are not normal fare, it is gourmet items and prepared by the chef who is there. There is enough food. You can eat it for lunch and come back and eat there for dinner.

We ended up going to one of the parks later on and ordered a meal to split and could not finish it.

Was it worth the $50+ tax per person? As it was a surprise for my spouse, and football is his favorite game to watch. Yes. He loved how relaxed it was. Now we know that we can come and go, I will plan accordingly on our next visit.
I appreciate the feedback and that your husband would go back and do it again. The main things we were worried about (and why we didn't book yet) was ability to come and go as you please, and the game choices. It's an added bonus, that there is enough food for at least 1 meal and possibly 2 (definitely value in 2 meals at Disney with 2 drinks for $50 a person). think we might book it (December 8th) and roll the dice that our game is one of the games (or that they add more games), and if not, at least they let you cancel.
PHILSFAN77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 02:38 PM   #107
nrspepe
Two Bedroom

Doesn’t look like there are many vegetarian options...
nrspepe is offline   Reply With Quote