home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-17-2019, 12:29 AM   #31
MouseMagic
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Wow thatís great So happy for you.
Week 52 preferred view Studio or Tower or 1, 2 ?
Could you explain more of the financial details for pricing ? I understand if that is too personal . Just wanting to think about selling to get preferred week but donít know where to begin.
Iím honestly not an expert - here is what I know:

We picked a regular studio/preferred view. We had watched a DVC video during our research that had money off tied to it, expiring Oct 8th. Amount given was tied to number of points being purchased. Plus they have the ongoing incentive running for ďfreeĒ points, which is really just translates to money off the points you are buying. This is also scaled to the number of points you buy.

The incentives are nice, but itís not a huge amount of money off. I think it might have translated to something like 173.75/pt?

The pdf of the points for preferred weeks did not offer tower studios as an option, so I have no idea if DVC will let those go for preferred weeks.

The costs of the weeks vary widely. Week 52 was 233pts for the preferred view studio, if I use it next year, itís only worth 209 points I believe, but if I use it, that week costs the full 233pts. So yeah. This whole thing has an up-charge.
MouseMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:21 AM   #32
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMagic View Post
Okay my update: finally went with week 52. Ended up buying preferred view because if that was the week, I thought it might get us the chance of seeing fireworks from the room.

Next few years we likely wonít be using the preferred week, but for our life looking forward, that week is the easiest time to travel as my industry slows way down and most organizations close.

We do realize there were so many ways to do this cheaper but in my morbid little brain, if I drop dead in spouse needed to sell for some reason, I thought this preferred week might help hold the value as the buyer would know theyíd always get a week. So hopefully it might help with the resale restriction factor.

I also thought if needed, this week may rent well.

Also - if anyone ever looked back on my old posts, youíd see Iíve been wanting to do this since 2008.... soooo.....

FINALLY.
Congratulaions!!! Don't second guess yourself! We also went with with week 52 at Copper Creek for a lot of the same reasons! You really get your moneys worth when you use it for the weeks it costs more than the points you got. Even so, the upcharge is worth the stress free booking of a high demand week and you got a discount so you made out even better! We also bought it to use later once our kids are grown to start spending New years at WDW without worrying about booking or point inflations.

Also for those asking, Tower studios are not available for fixed weeks. We waited to find that out before going with Copper Creek.

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:01 AM   #33
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Okay my update: finally went with week 52. Ended up buying preferred view because if that was the week, I thought it might get us the chance of seeing fireworks from the room.

Next few years we likely wonít be using the preferred week, but for our life looking forward, that week is the easiest time to travel as my industry slows way down and most organizations close.

We do realize there were so many ways to do this cheaper but in my morbid little brain, if I drop dead in spouse needed to sell for some reason, I thought this preferred week might help hold the value as the buyer would know theyíd always get a week. So hopefully it might help with the resale restriction factor.

Also - if anyone ever looked back on my old posts, youíd see Iíve been wanting to do this since 2008.... soooo.....

FINALLY.

Congratulations!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:53 AM   #34
MMC1
Grand Villa

Thanks for info. I would also want week 52 because BLT is one of my homes and I always wanted July 4 or NYE dates. They have taken care of those dates for TOTW viewing not available to guests so Those bookings have gotten easier.

Another fixed week owner has already beaten the system as Disney increases point charts yearly and within one year his fixed week became a bargain in comparison for his lifetime membership. That was a brilliant move on his part and hopefully for you as years pass.

Good luck and Welcome .
I hope Disney makes us all happy for our DVC lifetimes.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:06 AM   #35
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

FINALLY.
Congratulations!!!!! We purchased week 49 at Copper Creek. It was probably our best DVC purchase. Love not having to worry about booking it. Enjoy your purchase!!
Old 09-17-2019, 08:06 AM   #36
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Congratulations and Welcome Home!!
Canít go wrong with wk52. Its expensive but itís a guaranteed sell out week.

Going forward the fixed week is a safe bet for you and if you decide to sell, the resale purchaser. So you took care of both sides.

Itís been great not walking a December studio and having it booked for me.

This year my niece will spend honeymoon wk49 at CCV and next year I will most likely use it.

I will not be surprised if they offer the TS fixed week later in sales. I was disappointed when they didnít offer them initially as that what holds my interest.
So if they eventually offer I will have to decide on a wk48 or wk 50 TS.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:09 AM   #37
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
Congratulations and Welcome Home!!
Canít go wrong with wk52. Its expensive but itís a guaranteed sell out week.

Going forward the fixed week is a safe bet for you and if you decide to sell, the resale purchaser. So you took care of both sides.

Itís been great not walking a December studio and having it booked for me.

This year my niece will spend honeymoon wk49 at CCV and next year I will most likely use it.

I will not be surprised if they offer the TS fixed week later in sales. I was disappointed when they didnít offer them initially as that what holds my interest.
So if they eventually offer I will have to decide on a wk48 or wk 50 TS.
Thatís tough deciding between those two weeks. Iíd probably go with week 48..... let us know when they sell TS fixed weeks!
Old 09-17-2019, 08:48 AM   #38
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Congrats on your week 52 purchase! We canít wait to stay there on our new points next year!