home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-11-2019, 01:52 PM   #11
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket22 View Post
I handle the DVC ressie, FFlyer transport and wife takes care of rest. We are three days out for departure and wife asked for luggage tags and I checked and didnt have them....(Insert Ralphie Fuuuuddddgee) I forgot to add airefare to Magic Express.

There is a work around. We made very obvious Disney tags for our luggage and have a copy of this tag that we will hand to Disney along with baggage tags.

Anyone else ever have to use this due to late signup for ME?

For me this is trip number 25 or so, 14 with magic Express and just plain missed it.
Oh, yes. I signed up for DME a few days in advance because of a family emergency. What had been scheduled as a driving road trip for both of us became a solo flying trip for me (including DME). And I did exactly as described above-when I checked into my flight and they gave me my luggage claim tickets, I saved them to give to DME when I checked in there. They took my information and relayed it to their baggage claimers as I stood there. Took all of about 30 extra seconds, and I just trusted my luggage would arrive, which it did, just as scheduled.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:21 PM   #12
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
So, it went something like this:

Dan: Do you know what happened to the ME tags?
Janet: Why, yes! Yes, I do!
Gee whiz, it's like you were there
Old 09-11-2019, 08:50 PM   #13
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket22 View Post
I handle the DVC ressie, FFlyer transport and wife takes care of rest. We are three days out for departure and wife asked for luggage tags and I checked and didnt have them....
Easy fix. Don't check bags. Carry-on only. Done.

Cheers.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:44 PM   #14
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseKayC View Post
I'd be antsy...I don't want my suitcases going around the carousel hoping that a DME handler will find it. I would get my luggage myself from the carousel and take it with me on the ME bus (people do this all the time, they have lots of space for luggage underneath).
This would be us...

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote