home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-06-2019, 08:37 AM   #1
lcras
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Another Disneyland Lawsuit

Is this another case of a deep pocket lawsuit or does this woman have a valid case? I have been on Disneyland Space Mountain when they have had to move the car to the side maintenance issue and guest removal, I do not recall low ceilings, or was the car moved into another area? Lots of unanswered questions. Like how tall was she and how did she hit her head so hard to cause a concession? Usually when exiting a ride due to a maintenance issue, guest are moving really slow, how fast was she walking? Hopefully there will be more information as this progresses.

Disneyland Guest Files $3 Million Lawsuit Against Walt Disney Co. for Alleged 2017 Space Mountain Injury

Home Resorts: AKV, BLT, BWV, VGF
lcras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:45 AM   #2
CDog
Two Bedroom

$3 million for a concussion seems ridiculous to me. A friend of mine won a judgement like that but he was burned over 80% of his body and almost died! He was in the hospital for months and underwent many many surgeries and skin grafts. I hate seeing bs lawsuits like that!

MOD #79
CDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:24 AM   #3
carolina_yankee
Administrator

There's no link to the article so I'm not sure what to comment on.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:52 AM   #4
lcras
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Link is blocked as it is at w d w i n f o w e b s i t e, but here it is http://www.*******.com/news-stories/...untain-injury/
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
There's no link to the article so I'm not sure what to comment on.

Dirk

Home Resorts: AKV, BLT, BWV, VGF
lcras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:54 AM   #5
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Here's a non-blocked link from the San Jose Mercury News:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/09/...at-disneyland/

Dirk

Old 09-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #6
carolina_yankee
Administrator

If the ceilings were unusually low, I can see the need for a CM warning. If they were normal height, at least over 6', then maybe not.

However, Jungle Cruise even says "Watch your head, watch your step" so Disney is aware in general of overhead issues and guest cluelessness.

I bang my head all the time (well, not all the time) and have never had concussion, so that must have been some force if there is actually a concussion. I can also see a concussion and brain injury interfering with ability to earn. It's happened to a friend of mine after a slip and fall who still notices a cognitive challenges in concentration.

$3,000,000? I don't know.

To me, this is one that will hinge on the actual facts of the case and the evidence available to back up those facts. If Disney doesn't settle, then they are pretty confident in their own facts.

Dirk