home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Adult Travelers - Singles, Couples, DINKS
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-28-2018, 10:37 PM   #11
ajc
Two Bedroom

Monorail bar crawl and Top of the World Lounge for fireworks. KSC is a good trip (we did it from a 2 night visit to Vero Beach).
Horseback riding at Wilderness Campground.
ajc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:28 PM   #12
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

We did the Wilderness Backtrail Adventure last year with our then 16 and 18 yo kids. It's a segway tour around Wilderness Campground/Lodge and you have to be 16 or older to participate. I believe the times were 8a or 11a, so it's something to do earlier in the day. But it was fun and different.

ME DH DS20 DD17
disneymomof2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:58 PM   #13
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking Thanks for all the ideas

Im so excited to be going.

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:46 PM   #14
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Viator will pick up at certain Disney hotels. We stayed at OKW and they came and picked us up and took us back for an extra $20. We did a day trip to St. Augustine. It was great. The trip cost us less than 2 park tickets. I would take a look at booking a day trip with them. I know they have day trips to Clearwater....

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:14 PM   #15
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I second Kennedy Space Center - we've done that as a day trip followed by a nice dinner out at WDW after a late afternoon break. It's an easy drive and it really isn't to be missed if you have any interest. Our space program was absolutely astounding and to see these famous sites first hand can send chills down your back.

It is mind-boggling to think about what it took to put a man on the moon, and that they did it with nuts and bolts and computers weaker than the first iPhone. Again, just astounding, and they do a great job of telling that story.

There are many different tour combos - if you go, be sure to take a tour that gets you to the Vehicle Assembly Building and to the main launch pads (39 A/B, I think?). You can easily spend a whole day.

We drove down and got there around 9:30, did a 2 hour tour thing, had a mediocre but tasty lunch in the exhibit hall cafeteria and looked at exhibits, and then spent more time at the main Visitor's Center tour complex where they have a shuttle ride experience that is more dynamic than Mission:Space (and Disney helped them). I think we were home by 4 pm or so. It's probably closer to a 75 minute or 90 minute drive, but it's a straight shot on highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Viator will pick up at certain Disney hotels. We stayed at OKW and they came and picked us up and took us back for an extra $20. We did a day trip to St. Augustine. It was great. The trip cost us less than 2 park tickets. I would take a look at booking a day trip with them. I know they have day trips to Clearwater....
Huh. Never thought of Viatour or other tour groups for a day trip like that.

There's also Bok Tower and Gardens for people who like that kind of thing - it was a relaxing half-day for us.

And the Dali Museum in St. Pete is really nice (and there are others), but also a day trip. Home in time for a Disney dinner, or just eat out.

We also did a really fun Segway tour of Mt. Dora, about 45 minutes from Disney. It is old Florida with nothing commercial about it, and a really neat town with galleries and shops, and some good dining.

http://www.centralfloridaglides.com/...-mt.-dora.html

Dirk
Old 01-30-2018, 04:18 PM   #16
administrator
Ms. Personality

http://thewineroomonline.com

It's awesome.
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote