home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Adult Travelers - Singles, Couples, DINKS
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-28-2018, 12:01 PM   #1
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Red face Non park ideas for adults in orlando

Were going doen for 4 days with me, my college girlfriend and brother.

We have mk dvc event to do, so are looking for other non park stuff to do for only adukts , either at disney or close by using uber.

My brother had wanted to see kennedy space center, but i think thats 2 hours away.

Any other stuff to recommend to do around orlando besides the parks?

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:05 PM   #2
melk
Grand Villa

We were there a couple of weeks ago and just staying local we did some fun things. We played the Fantasia mini golf which we had never done before (the more challenging course). Then one day we rented bikes at VWL and biked over to Fort Wilderness. Disney Springs was nice for an afternoon. And then Trader Sams in the evening was a good time.

Last edited by melk; 01-29-2018 at 07:57 AM.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:10 PM   #3
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Happy hour hopping at DS

For us that's in addition to parks, but it can be its own activity...

Cheers.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:15 PM   #4
PolyGirl
Studio

Disney Springs keeps adding more all the time. The Edison looks awesome and it's adults only after 10 pm with live entertainment. Another option would be Highway in the Sky Dine Around, I haven't tried it yet but it has been getting good reviews although it is a bit pricey.
PolyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:34 PM   #5
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
Were going doen for 4 days with me, my college girlfriend and brother.

We have mk dvc event to do, so are looking for other non park stuff to do for only adukts , either at disney or close by using uber.

My brother had wanted to see kennedy space center, but i think thats 2 hours away.

Any other stuff to recommend to do around orlando besides the parks?

Goldi
KSC is an amazing place! I say you should go. It's a straightforward drive there, literally head east (north east?) and keep going. Or take a tour from Orlando if you don't have transport.

We would never NOT go to KSC, most times we go twice.

But otherwise, there are airboat rides, hundreds of lakes for walking or cycling (you can hire bikes at Celebration), or check out the art museums (I think there's one devoted to American Art, and a more general one), the Science Center or theatres. We've seen a couple of plays at The Mad Cow Theatre, and it asn't much to get a taxi back (this was in the pre-Uber days).
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 04:06 PM   #6
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

Kennedy is only about an hour. That is something I would like to do with our kids soon. I haven't been since I was a kid. Maybe you could plan some beach time to coincide with Kennedy. Orlando is known for their food trucks (the real, locally-owned/operated ones, not the pretend Disney food trucks. I highly recommend seeing if there is a food truck festival nearby that you could attend.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 04:33 PM   #7
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Jelly Rolls and The Edison for nighttime entertainment.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 05:55 PM   #8
LOVINDVC
Grand Villa

Staying for a week at our SSR “Home” in June. Only three park days. Looking forward to exploring and imbibing in and eating all DS has to offer. ����

SSR OWNERS SINCE 2004
LOVINDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:21 PM   #9
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

Discovery Cove. This high end, all inclusive water park / animal sanctuary is expensive and lived up to the price. Those who try it consistently say it is the best experience in Orlando.

Disclaimer: I havenít talked DH into Discovery Cove yet, so this is coming from some decidedly not-theme-park people friends.

The Orlando eye is fun. Night views are prettier than day views and can be park of a trip to international drive, home of a metric ton of restaurants & bars.

At WDW, donít forget top of the world for a night. Itís easy & fun to explore the resorts, with fort wilderness, AKL and WL topping the list for me. We e also rented a pontoon a few times at MK resorts. That is relaxing and a great way to see MK parks and resorts from a slightly different point of view.

Quick Links:
Amy's Disney books: Camping Disney and A Year of Disney. Both books were inspired by my Mouseowners Trip Reports. For more on the books plus blog posts, photos and videos, check out my new blog: ThemeParkBooks.
MinnieMomofOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:40 PM   #10
Disney54us
Grand Villa

If he wants to do KSC go, itís not two hours away. It depends how far out you want to venture. New Symra Beach is a fun beach town.
As far as others have said, DS is a whole new fun adult world and close to Ďhomeí.
Enjoy!
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote