home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Adult Travelers - Singles, Couples, DINKS
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-15-2016, 08:13 PM   #11
LOVINDVC
Grand Villa

Hate to burst your bubble, folks. The kids find partners who have never been to Disney, you are sol. Our daughters found boy friends, then fiances, then grandkids...Now all nine of us love traveling to Disney together. Good news, because of their jobs with benefits, they have treated us to a signature fir just the two if us for the last five years.

SSR OWNERS SINCE 2004
LOVINDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:57 AM   #12
Guzzi
Two Bedroom

thanks for all the advice

Guzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:04 AM   #13
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by micca View Post
You sure the kids are going to stop going on your vacations? We have two daughters in their early 30s who still manage to tear themselves away to go to WDW. Not that we don't love having them join us, they are always welcome. Besides they can bring drinks from the bar with the best of 'em.
My 25 year old DD and her husband still go with us. Just not every visit now.

My wife and I love being there, so a nice studio and a relaxing selfish trip doesn't sound too bad. Our youngest are still in high school, so we have a few years to go but also looking forward to having something to do with them after they leave the nest. Their paying for themselves then however.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:05 AM   #14
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVINDVC View Post
Hate to burst your bubble, folks. The kids find partners who have never been to Disney, you are sol. Our daughters found boy friends, then fiances, then grandkids...Now all nine of us love traveling to Disney together. Good news, because of their jobs with benefits, they have treated us to a signature fir just the two if us for the last five years.
Yup! I have had to bring all the +1s over the years. Haven't had any of them spring for anything yet.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:29 AM   #15
capeokw56
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
Yup! I have had to bring all the +1s over the years. Haven't had any of them spring for anything yet.
I had to laugh at that... I know the feeling!
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:23 PM   #16
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
Enjoy it!
Go at a more leisurely pace.
I remember on our first non-kids trip, we bought a bucket of popcorn in Frontierland, then sat in rocking chairs for TWO hours, people-watching and eating popcorn. We've had lots more of those times over the years on adults only trips.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:28 PM   #17
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Zero Schedules set, Zero timelines, Zero rushing....its like you are in a whole different world! Some days we don't even hit a park, just go with the flow with whatever you want to do in the moment. It's wonderful! Enjoy!!!
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:28 PM   #18
GARLIN
Studio

The first time we did not take friends or family with us- I was a bit worried. How would it be with just the two of us, it had been a long time since we traveled as a couple. I worried for nothing, we had a great time. Did only what we wanted to do, when we wanted to do it. Took the Keys to the Kingdom tour and the Segway experience at EPCOT (years ago). It was nice to only have to please yourselves.
GARLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:52 AM   #19
bakerworld
Grand Villa

We kinda backed into childless trips but our first couples trip was , which led us into the habit of multiple weekend trips per year, which led us into finally taking the plunge into DVC. We so enjoy our couples trips to WDW - much more than any other place.

DH had a hard time letting go of having at least one kid with us but once we went on that first impromptu trip and had such a blast we now prefer - much prefer - our couples trips. It's so relaxing - no ADRs because we can walk into any place with a bar (Narcosse, Wave, Raglan Road, TRex, Crew Cup, etc.) and have a great meal which is something we cannot not do with a large group, and something we would not have considered with a teen. No running for rope drop and/or ride to ride. No faces of disappointment if we walk away or need to leave a ride/park/pool. And walking - we walk everywhere.

Just like when they were kids, about every 3 years we do a group trip - and then we so look forward to a trip for us. We had a group trip in June and were not scheduled for our next vacation until January but DH said just keep looking - so sure enough we're at the Dolphin over labor day weekend - we're pumped
Old 08-29-2016, 10:56 AM   #20
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVINDVC View Post
I kinda wish this was true for our oldest - he's into hunting, fishing and camping so I suggested Ft Wilderness .... Meanwhile, our girls and I are planning for Fall 2017.