home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 11:51 AM   #611
beansprout
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
The DAS really won't help with that part. At best it could eliminate some need to stand in line but for getting around not at all. Buena Vista Scooters has an onsite presence and is a preferred vendor with Disney and probably good to go with. Even if they don't start with one they could probably get a scooter within a couple of hours of calling.
That’s a good plan. Once she feels defeated we can call.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:54 AM   #612
beansprout
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
A handicapped pass will help some with the parking, by getting you a bit closer to the park entrance. Otherwise not much.

Once you decide you want a scooter, you should probably call up one of the many companies that rent scooters such as Apple scooter, Buena Vista Scooter Rental or Best Price Mobility Scooters - or others, and have them deliver a scooter at any time for you to use for the rest of your stay. Cost for such scooters is usually about $35 a day. They deliver them straight to the bell captain at the hotel or resort, And will pick it up the day after you leave. All that it requires is a phone call with a credit card. SOMEONE should be able to rent you one with just a few hours notice, or in the morning if you call the previous afternoon/evening.

The only disadvantage to this is that you will have to drive the scooter onto the bus to go to the park, but if you ask the bus driver, he will help you park it. So no big deal, and you will have it to use around the resort.

Of course, you can rent a scooter in the front of the parks, but it is time consuming, and if you arrive later in the morning, it might be that they will have already rented them out for the day.
Very good info. Thank you! My friend can be very stubborn and sometimes frustrating.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:03 PM   #613
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Very good info. Thank you! My friend can be very stubborn and sometimes frustrating.
or you can be preemptive and rent a scooter to "share" with her (my feet get tired, too since I am on foot with DH zipping around in his own ECV we bring from home). Once in a while he will let me drive it back from the park to the bus stop.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:50 PM   #614
FCivish3
One Bedroom

Quote:
Do be aware that there are Disney preferred vendors, and NON Disney Preferred vendors, for the scooters. The Disney preferred vendors are more convenient because they will drop them at the bell captain and pick them up without any more effort on your part. The three companies I’ve mentioned are all Disney preferred. There are numerous others.

The non-preferred vendors require you to be there outside to drop them off directly to you, and you need to take it outside to meet, for them to pick it up at the end of your stay.

If you look on the website it will usually say Disney preferred or Disney certified. If it doesn’t say that just make sure they can drop it off and pick it up without you being there.

We have done it both ways more than once, but the preferred vendors do not really cost any more and are more convenient.

Even if you only use it half the days, it will still cost less than to rent one for ONE day, directly from Disney, at the front of the parks.

Poly, AKL, BLT

Last edited by FCivish3; 09-05-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:53 PM   #615
beansprout
Grand Villa

Another stupid question.
We have a 5:15 fast pass. Are they sticklers or can we get in 5-10 mins prior? Dining ressie will be very tight at 5:15.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:56 PM   #616
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Another stupid question.
We have a 5:15 fast pass. Are they sticklers or can we get in 5-10 mins prior? Dining ressie will be very tight at 5:15.
Typically, you can enter the FP+ return queue up to 5 minutes before the actual return time.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:03 PM   #617
beansprout
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Typically, you can enter the FP+ return queue up to 5 minutes before the actual return time.
Great! Thanks!
But if we have any problems getting to our dining ressie will they hold our ADR for ten minutes?
Old 09-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #618
FCivish3
One Bedroom

Quote:
Great! Thanks!
But if we have any problems getting to our dining ressie will they hold our ADR for ten minutes?
In my experience, I believe you can show up to a dining reservation up to 15 minutes late, with no problem. If it will be longer than that, send someone on ahead, to tell them that the rest of you are coming.

Depending on how busy the ride is, and what it is, even if you show up for the ride at 5:10, you might not actually get on the ride for a few minutes, and then there is the “ride time” to consider.

You can go, now, and check periodically on the My Disney Experience app, and look at your FastPasses, and your Dining Reservation, and see if you can modify one of them. Sometimes other options, for a time, opens up.

Poly, AKL, BLT

Old 09-05-2018, 03:23 PM   #619
beansprout
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
In my experience, I believe you can show up to a dining reservation up to 15 minutes late, with no problem. If it will be longer than that, send someone on ahead, to tell them that the rest of you are coming.

Depending on how busy the ride is, and what it is, even if you show up for the ride at 5:10, you might not actually get on the ride for a few minutes, and then there is the “ride time” to consider.
It will be tight Fred but I want to try. Get on 7 Dwarfs Mine Train at 5:10 and rush over to The Plaza by 5:30. Wish us luck! Meanwhile I will be adamant to find a new time for one of these ressie ‘s. Or we could just head straight to 7 D at rope drop.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:49 PM   #620
FCivish3
One Bedroom

Quote:
It will be tight Fred but I want to try. Get on 7 Dwarfs Mine Train at 5:10 and rush over to The Plaza by 5:30. Wish us luck! Meanwhile I will be adamant to find a new time for one of these ressie ‘s. Or we could just head straight to 7 D at rope drop.
Is your dinner reservation at 5:30? If it is at 5:30 then you could probably show up clear up until 545. Is it the park? If so probably no problem.

Meanwhile, TouringPlans.com has a Reservation Finder for Disney world. Just google search “Reservation Finder” and pick the one at touringplans. You will need to apply for an account with them but if it asks you to pay money don’t sign up with any money unless you want to do that. I have an account that I pay for and actually just re-upped for the next three years but paying them is not necessary to use the reservation finder.

After that you can go in and specify two different separate dinner reservations that you would like to find. They can be different restaurants and different times and for different numbers of people, and you can either specify the meal time or an actual time. About every hour and 20 minutes on an average this program will search for your reservation at Disney World. Day and night. If any reservations for that restaurant open up that are close To your specifications, it will either text you or send you an email, or both, depending on how you set it up. If you have time Before your trip, there is an excellent chance it will find you a better ‘fit.’ Once you receive the text message or the email you will need to sign onto your account as quickly as possible to make the actual reservation. If you don’t do it fast enough then someone else will probably grab it out from under you. I have used this to get some amazing reservations at some very high demand restaurants. And also to ‘adjust’ my reservations. If it texts you and you do not want that reservation or if you were too late to grab it then you will need to go back into the touring plans program and reset the search so it will continue to look.

Poly, AKL, BLT

Closed Thread