home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 02:39 PM   #131
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Need to keep in mind the difference between a "valid request" and a "bookable room type". The first means you can ask for it, the second means you were given that room type at the time of booking, and you'll get one unless something weird happens.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
Old 03-03-2018, 09:22 PM   #132
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Need to keep in mind the difference between a "valid request" and a "bookable room type". The first means you can ask for it, the second means you were given that room type at the time of booking, and you'll get one unless something weird happens.
I will try and request the dedicated 1-bdrm. In that vein, how does booking a 2-bedroom LO at BWV work? They are all lock offs. For example: there are 91 LO 1-bdrm's and 91 LO studios. Does BWV set those aside only to be used as 2-bdrm LO's, or can the units be booked separately as a 1-bdrm and a studio. If you put in a wait list for a 2-bdrm LO at BWV, does that mean that both a 1-bdrm LO and a matching view type for a studio must both become available?
Old 03-03-2018, 09:31 PM   #133
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
I will try and request the dedicated 1-bdrm. In that vein, how does booking a 2-bedroom LO at BWV work? They are all lock offs. For example: there are 91 LO 1-bdrm's and 91 LO studios. Does BWV set those aside only to be used as 2-bdrm LO's, or can the units be booked separately as a 1-bdrm and a studio. If you put in a wait list for a 2-bdrm LO at BWV, does that mean that both a 1-bdrm LO and a matching view type for a studio must both become available?
2 bdrm lock-offs are not set aside to only be booked in that category. I'd venture a guess that 98% of the time a 2 bdrm lock-offs are usually booked as a 1 bdrm & studio.

Yes, in order for your wait list to fill the two connecting rooms would have to open up together.

Where I'm Going 2020:
All Personal Travel is Under Construction
Old 03-03-2018, 09:33 PM   #134
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
2 bdrm kick-off are not set aside to only be booked in that category. I'd venture a guess that 98% of the time a 2 bdrm kick-off is usually booked as a 1 bdrm & studio.
Thank you. I assumed as much, but you know what they say about assuming. I would think wait listing a 2-bdrm lock off is kind of a waste of time during busy times since both the studio and the 1-bdrm must be available at the same time for you to get it.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:33 PM   #135
Buzz Lightyear Towers
Grand Villa

Quote:
Yes! There are no dedicated 2 bdr villas at BWV. So these rooms are only available as long as the studio or 1 bdr units have not been booked. At popular times like F&W, the studios book quickly and can make getting a 2bdr very difficult.

AKV, BLT, BWV, and PVB are my home resorts. :
Old 03-03-2018, 09:58 PM   #136
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Supposedly they block off the dedicated studios and 1BR's first for those who book only a studio or 1BR. Then they hit the lock-offs. So what happens is the second the studios are gone so are the 2BR's.

It is possible to get a 2BR waitlist there - I have. But it does take the right circumstances.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:15 PM   #137
cornbread4
One Bedroom

Quote:
Actual room assignments don't happen until closer to check-in. So if a single 1BR and a single studio open during your desired window, a 2BR lock-off could become available for you. As Goofygrl mentions, it makes sense to allocate the dedicated units first as it gives Disney the most flexibility. But those studios can be pretty popular and look to more be the limiting factor to lock-off room availability.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:31 AM   #138
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbread4 View Post
Actual room assignments don't happen until closer to check-in. So if a single 1BR and a single studio open during your desired window, a 2BR lock-off could become available for you. As Goofygrl mentions, it makes sense to allocate the dedicated units first as it gives Disney the most flexibility. But those studios can be pretty popular and look to more be the limiting factor to lock-off room availability.
Since we are going in the fall during F&W and staying at BWV on a Moonlight Magic night, I would say my chances of both a studio and a 1-bedroom opening for the one night are slim to none. :\ I didn't know that about them allocating the dedicated 1-bedrooms and studios first, but that makes sense. Thanks.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:52 AM   #139
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Since we are going in the fall during F&W and staying at BWV on a Moonlight Magic night, I would say my chances of both a studio and a 1-bedroom opening for the one night are slim to none. :\ I didn't know that about them allocating the dedicated 1-bedrooms and studios first, but that makes sense. Thanks.
Go ahead and set up your waitlist, and stalk the RAT as well. It's only March. You still have plenty of time for someone else to have a change in plans.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:17 PM   #140
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Go ahead and set up your waitlist, and stalk the RAT as well. It's only March. You still have plenty of time for someone else to have a change in plans.
I had done that. I have a 1-bedroom boardwalk view wait listed and a 2-bedroom standard wait listed. I know the standard has a slim to none chance of filling. We have a 1-bedroom P/G view already booked, and since the boardwalk view is the same amount of points, I figured, why not? The 2-bdrm std is only 2 more points, so again, why not? The 2-bdrm BWV or 2-bdrm P/G view are an additional 10 points per night than the 1-bdrm P/G we have booked, and we really don't need a 2-bdrm, so this was too rich for my blood. We are only staying there one night and will be at MM until late, so we won't be in the room very much. I would've done a studio, but they are all already booked for that night. Also, a 1-bdrm is just a lot more comfortable for 4 people than a studio! My DH said "absolutely not" to the studio anyway, so that is a moot point.