home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-08-2018, 06:40 PM   #11
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
With respect to the monorails, my understanding was that they already ordered the new ones after the open door incident (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc92DYhuK-o).

https://wdwnt.com/2018/04/rumor-new-...-disney-world/
I might be wrong but I thought that was still 'rumor' and not fact. I haven't kept up with the discussion that goes with the site, but I haven't seen confirmation in what little I've read lately.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:56 PM   #12
skelster
Two Bedroom

Default magical

Disney always does stuff which is magical.
skelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:31 PM   #13
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I might be wrong but I thought that was still 'rumor' and not fact. I haven't kept up with the discussion that goes with the site, but I haven't seen confirmation in what little I've read lately.
I think I remember Len testa amd Jim hill talked about it on their podcast and they’re pretty well sourced.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:45 PM   #14
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
Then last month I had to tell her that the train is shutting down for two years right before our next trip.
Only one solution to this problem... Emergency last minute trip to Disney!
Old 11-08-2018, 09:57 PM   #15
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Only one solution to this problem... Emergency last minute trip to Disney!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:59 PM   #16
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I think I remember Len testa amd Jim hill talked about it on their podcast and they’re pretty well sourced.
I have to disagree about Jim Hill. His rumors are so many and not always right that I don't believe half of what he says.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:19 AM   #17
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I know people here read and participate in other boards that have well-sourced members (I do, too), but I caution against posting and discussing anything from an unofficial source as if it's happening. Discussion should always be in the realm of "Well-sourced rumors say on X Board . . ." etc.

We even had one poser member (now banned for other reasons) who read the other board, and posted over here as if HE were the well-connected source when all he was doing was sharing info he read in threads over there.

I don't want MouseOwners becoming known as less reliable than a bus driver.

Quote:
With respect to the monorails, my understanding was that they already ordered the new ones after the open door incident (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc92DYhuK-o).

https://wdwnt.com/2018/04/rumor-new-...-disney-world/
Quote:
Quote:
Until Disney confirms it, it's all rumor, no matter how well sourced. The better sourced rumor reporters indicate that, at least, new monorails are coming. I think confirmation of an actual order is way premature. We'll probably know more after the gondolas open if the rumors in this thread are accurate.

Quote:
I have to disagree about Jim Hill. His rumors are so many and not always right that I don't believe half of what he says.
I believe what he says in the sense I believe he's sharing information he has. As always, it depends on the reliability of his sources and whether or not Disney has changed its mind in the meantime.

His podcast with Len Testa seems to be fairly measured.

As always, because Disney changes their mind at the drop of a dime, I don't know anything until Disney announces it. And even then, "Theater? What Theater on Main Street?" And how many announced overhauls of Downtown Disney until we got what they said? I think DS is revision 3.0 or something like that.

Dirk

Last edited by carolina_yankee; 11-09-2018 at 09:25 AM.
carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:35 AM   #18
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I know people here read and participate in other boards that have well-sourced members (I do, too), but I caution against posting and discussing anything from an unofficial source as if it's happening. Discussion should always be in the realm of "Well-sourced rumors say on X Board . . ." etc.

We even had one poser member (now banned for other reasons) who read the other board, and posted over here as if HE were the well-connected source when all he was doing was sharing info he read in threads over there.

I don't want MouseOwners becoming known as less reliable than a bus driver.

Until Disney confirms it, it's all rumor, no matter how well sourced. The better sourced rumor reporters indicate that, at least, new monorails are coming. I think confirmation of an actual order is way premature. We'll probably know more after the gondolas open if the rumors in this thread are accurate.

I believe what he says in the sense I believe he's sharing information he has. As always, it depends on the reliability of his sources and whether or not Disney has changed its mind in the meantime.

His podcast with Len Testa seems to be fairly measured.

As always, because Disney changes their mind at the drop of a dime, I don't know anything until Disney announces it. And even then, "Theater? What Theater on Main Street?" And how many announced overhauls of Downtown Disney until we got what they said? I think DS is revision 3.0 or something like that.

Dirk
Sorry if I did anything wrong there. I really just thought it hadn't been confirmed as of yet.

And better worded about everything with rumors and some of the people surrounding rumors. Until things open, I always wonder if we'll get what we've heard about LOL

Like you said even if Disney announces something it's not always coming to fruition (like said theater)
Old 11-09-2018, 10:59 AM   #19
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Sorry if I did anything wrong there. I really just thought it hadn't been confirmed as of yet.

And better worded about everything with rumors and some of the people surrounding rumors. Until things open, I always wonder if we'll get what we've heard about LOL

Like you said even if Disney announces something it's not always coming to fruition (like said theater)
No - you were fine, duly skeptical!

I've noticed a trend that when people read other boards with rumors, there is more posting of them over here with less clear attribution and a higher degree of certainty that they are fact when it's all still rumor!

Not singling any one person out. I've seen it in several threads from different people.

Dirk
Old 11-09-2018, 11:07 AM   #20
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

i'm a skeptic about anything any cast member says about disney. i see such phone calls as bogus attempts to appear concerned about guests and/or some way to get them to spend more money.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Shorty, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote